Group 7-day waking average?

Was 8.2 for me this morning.Im joining freesia Levels going nuts mid afternoon.(Again .for the second day .) Was out with the dog on a good walk yesterday afternoon High alarm went off at 12 1 then carried on for another couple of hours in the 13s didn't have a pen on me so thought I might bring it down with the walk back .Nope . Another 10 units and it came down very slowly.Havent eaten anything still low carb .Not the insulin as I put a new cartridge in Friday .Must be starting to come down with something We shall see in the next few days .Have a good day folks

Was 8.2 for me this morning.Im joining freesia Levels going nuts mid afternoon.(Again .for the second day .) Was out with the dog on a good walk yesterday afternoon High alarm went off at 12 1 then carried on for another couple of hours in the 13s didn't have a pen on me so thought I might bring it down with the walk back .Nope . Another 10 units and it came down very slowly.Havent eaten anything still low carb .Not the insulin as I put a new cartridge in Friday .Must be starting to come down with something We shall see in the next few days .Have a good day folks
Frustrating isn't it

Well into the 6s this morning with a 6.7 due, I expect, to eating out yesterday evening - 3 courses, finishing with a cappuccino and mini chocolate brownie, which came with a scoop of ice cream. Double-checked it by switching hands and doing another test and it was right, so delayed my breakfast until I'd walked down to the garage to pick up a Sunday paper. Tested when I got back, 5.5, so grabbed my overnight oats from the fridge and relaxed. Amazing what a 30-minute walk can do to BG.

Iffy day here with the sun popping in and out of the clouds, but at least it's dry. My wife wants to go over to the big M&S in Camberley this afternoon so might go with her. Our youngest is working his usual (and last) Sunday shift and our eldest isn't due back from Guildford until later, so better than being home alone.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Afternoon all - was gorgeous when I got up, but as usual it's clouded over.

8.3 this morning, but I was woken about 1 am with a low alarm. I tested blood and it was right, 3.8. So ate Dextros and biscuit and tried to go back to sleep. The darn alarm was chirping every 5 minutes. It's quite different to the phone alarm, not as loud, but still enough not to let you sleep. I was getting angry so I took the PDM and put it in the study. I don't know about this HCL thing... all yesterday afternoon after a duck burger in a bun I was getting high alarms and throwing in corrections despite what I know was an accurate carb count and now it seems I have to spend half the night eating. Whereas before HCL I hadn't had a hypo for more than 90 days.

Ah well, off to throw together a corned beef salad for lunch and then an afternoon of ironing. At least we can watch "place in the sun" whilst doing it and imagine the sun is shining here! Chicken drumstick traybake for dinner tonight. Am trying to make room in the freezer as was going to order some game, but somewhat disturbed to discover Wild and Game have gone into liquidation - along with my free delivery for a year subscription!

No HSs today?

Have a good day everyone.

Frustrating isn't it
It is that ..But we're not machines Don't run perfectly all the time Gonna increase my dosage from one unit to 10 grams of carbs . Normally do that a bit later on in the year and over the winter months.I know the lady few nights I've been out with the dog are turning autumnal.Hopefully by tomorrow the pair of us will be shouting from the roof tops with 5.2 s xx

I tried a warmer bed last night and it worked - I slept better, but woke in the morning feeling a bit too warm.
Ever since I got covid in march 2020 my body has been weird with ambient temperature. I have to have it warm or I feel ill, but I often start feeling unwell even before I start to feel chilly.
So for the past 4.5 years I've been trying to balance ambient temperature and layers of clothes worn, Normally I get a respite in summer, but this year has been cooler.
Time to treat late august as early autumn I think, and rebalance temperatures / clothes.

Average BP today 94 / 64 (I always do at least 3 readings). I think I may have a clue why I get those micro-dizzy moments (taken today about 2 mins apart)

Attachments

• 20240818_122136.jpg
    20240818_122136.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240818_122541.jpg
    20240818_122541.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
late posting today low alarm at 6am couldn't get back to sleep properly, eventually got up at 8 and was 4.8
feeling tired bit of a sore throat which I hope isn't going to turn into a cold or bug, cinema tonight with daughter and
boyfriend if we hadn't booked I would properly give it a miss hope everyone is having a good day

Good afternoon/ looks like I forgot to post this morning.if I remember it was 6.2
Weather here is still in the low 40's. Sat by the rather large swimming pool this afternoon waiting for a breeze but didn't get one though I was bought an iced coffee at 1530.

What was wrong with the old one? Why can't people just think new things?
Agreed in general. On the other hand Aliens is (I think) a lot better than Alien. And the relatively recent Battlestar Galactica TV series was much better than the original. And the 2005 onwards Dr Whos are much better than the older ones, I think (though I could probably find the occasional story from older ones that stand out, and not all the recent ones are great). And Sherlock is a brilliant revisiting of Sherlock Holmes.

So while there's certainly laziness, especially in film making, now and again something genuinely great can come out of renewing an existing story. Or even mixing different ones (though maybe that mostly doesn't work? I don't remember Alien vs Predator being particularly noteworthy so I'm not looking forwards to the inevitable Jedi vs Alien crossover films).

What was wrong with the old one? Why can't people just think new things?
It’s a new one that slots between the Alien and Aliens in the timeline. Don’t forget we’ve also had prequels and there’s a whole raft of really rather good audiobooks in the Alien franchise as well.

It’s a new one that slots between the Alien and Aliens in the timeline. Don’t forget we’ve also had prequels and there’s a whole raft of really rather good audiobooks in the Alien franchise as well.
well just got back, we have seen all the Alien films and I think the first one is hard to beat, however we all enjoyed it, will be interested to see what you think when you've seen it.

Saw the first Alien film in a large empty Cinema in Montreal on a cold winter day with a female colleague. My god, it felt like we were on that darn spaceship ourselves. At the point the alien broke out of John Hurt's chest we discovered we were cuddling each other in fright! We would have been red with embarrassment had it not been so dark!

Morning a 6.6 so clickety click for me and a Unicorn,flat line and generally low levels so happy with BG.Had lunch at our favourite place yesterday but they have changed menu. The quality of food is still as good but now they put salad and chips in with meal rather than as side dishes and orices have gone up.Happy to pay extra but my side salad was normally a real work of art so bits of fruit,different veg and coleslaw etc and I loved it and we had a portion of fries separate.
I know it is only a small moan but the new offering is just like many other places so rather than a stand out place which it previously was.
Anyway spent bit of time in garden and looking forward to a very nice week ahead of visits to nice parts of world and trying to find another lunch spot.
Have a good week

Good morning everyone.

Woke at 3am but then decided to snooze. Got up at 6am! BG 4.7

Yesterday was a bit full on. I was worn out by the end of it.

Today nothing planned so rest, exercise, exercise, exercise. Friend is coming to tea. A boring tea tho. Cauliflower cheese. Yawn.

Tidy up my new App. Then...? No idea.

Perhaps some keyboad practice or even recording

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back