Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone

BG 5.1

Today playing and singing at the church

Yesterdays practice went well but we were all a bit anxious for some reason. Backings were mostly good too.

This afternoon a lazy, relaxed walk then M&S best ever cod in beer batter for tea. I'm definitely looking forward to that and very relaxed evening. I can feel myself dissolving into the couch even now...

media-fake_news-press_bias-left_wing_bias-fake_story-news_channel-CS571088_low.jpg

Wife is good and has been good for the last few days and her sense of humour has returned too.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning. 5.3 at 7am. 8.3 arrow straight up at 7.08 when I got downstairs! That could be because middle daughter messaged ( and woke me) to say her waters had broken, she’s due next Sunday! No contractions as yet but she was putting her makeup on and then phoning the hospital! 😳 What a lass she is! TBF I’d be the same! So looks like our crappy week is going to end on a high, grandchild number 7, grandson number 2, it’s only been 17.5 years since our only grandson was born! Better get this back sorted ASAP so I can hold this baby, I think he’s going to be a big lad. His dad is 6 ft 8ins! I’ll keep you posted.

Ta ra for now. Have a good ‘un.

Attachments

• IMG_5793.png
    IMG_5793.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 5
Good morning! A 6 today.

We had a few days of excellent weather around here. I was able to wear proper summer clothes and I even went into the sea for the first (potentially last) time this year! It's already cooling down a bit, I'm just hoping it doesn't get too bad yet as one of my aunties will be in town from today until Thursday and most of my plans involve walking! I'm very excited for her visit 🙂

1722756679500.png
😎

Have a great Sunday everybody.

Dez

Morning all, 6.1 here.
Busy day ahead, daughter wants me to shift jumps around and pick up poles while she rides pony in the jumping paddock this morning, then this afternoon OH and I are off to Reading to the Biobank centre. About 15years ago we signed up to Biobank for their huge study of the general health of the population, and did an initial health assessment, then we’ve done various online surveys since. Now we are going to have a load of scans for the next stage in their research. You don’t get detailed results, which is a shame, but if they do find anything major, they contact your GP.

Morning all, a happy 5.4 for me on this cooler Sunday morning.

Have a good day folks and stay safe.

Good morning, I’m still amazed at how busy we have been since retiring! Everyone said so, but it is actually true!

Friday was lock keeping day (our first as qualified lock keepers!) then yesterday was clearing stuff from the house (my wife is making full use of Vinted!) and some radio stuff, trying to track some pesky interference down.

Anyway, I’m joining my fellow HSer @MeeTooTeeTo today :

IMG_0085.png

Sorry I haven’t yet caught up on the posts, but I hope everyone is keeping well - @eggyg - I did see that you are still suffering with a bad back, hoping that gets better quickly for you, especially with the imminent birth of another grandchild!

Take care everyone!

Good morning. 6.1

A greyish sort of morning, cooler than the last few days.

Spent most of yesterday with estate agents...not my preferred choise of company since one has to listen carefully to what they say to identify what they are avoiding saying. One amused me by his skating round the question of drains - no whisper of whether they had found the septic tank, then, on being questioned, "Oh we'll find it". I eyed the 3/4 acre of oevrgrowth through which one could not pass, laurels 15ft high, old roses and entwined brambles etc and asked sweetly "When have you booked the fellers and the JCB then?" He appared afflicted by sudden deafness.

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone.

Morning, a 7.4 for me! So I had my Zoom call yesterday with a very nice lady from the NHS. We talked about where I was at with Hba1c etc. and my goals going forward. Sent me a 'pack' with lots of good ideas for food etc. I get to meet with others every Thur on Zoom and her again next Saturday .
So watch this space! Off to church now, have a blessed day.❤

Good morning 6.2 today
I put up the last piece of the trellis on the fence in the garden yesterday, but apart from that was a relaxing day.
Need to put together a list of jobs, so I can speak to builder, see when he can to come back and start finishing off a few jobs, its now been a year since he last was here doing the renovations,
will need to prioritise the various jobs and ensure I have products & materials, before he arrives (we just pay him on a day rate and we arrange materials) when he’s here, were hoping we can get everything done in a day or two

congrats’s on the HS @Eternal422 & @MeeTooTeeTo

have a lovely day everyone 😎

What about khoresht-e-kadoo, persian courgette stew

I made that last night with some variation, I used pork instead of lamb and an apple instead of grapes. It worked well, enough for tonight as well.
2 big courgettes used in soup and a couple given away. The glut is getting smaller.

I made that last night with some variation, I used pork instead of lamb and an apple instead of grapes. It worked well, enough for tonight as well.
2 big courgettes used in soup and a couple given away. The glut is getting smaller.
Sorry, had to giggle. Your post reminds me of some of the reviews on the BBC Good Food website where someone has changed half the ingredients so it's not the same dish and then says it's brilliant 5*. On the other hand, that's what good cookery is all about, adapting dishes to use what you have available.

Morning all - one minute mostly clear blue skies and sun and the next it's black clouds. The jury is out as to what the day will bring!

7.7 this morning after correcting a hypo around 5am, which curiously isn't showing on my "History" on the PDM, but the thing was alarming and woke me up at the time. I did check it with a BG test and it was right. I'm entirely unconvinced by the system so far!

This evening our next door neighbour is coming for dinner, along with another friend from round the corner. I'm using a leg of lamb that I got half-price at Sainsbury's a while ago and it's a beauty. I'm not going to do traditional roast accompaniments though. I'm doing an Aubergine tagine and cous cous. Followed by Mary Berry's banana loaf that I've already made and ice cream. One of them has a lactose allergy so we have a "free from" ice cream, the other is lovely person but a bit picky, so hope she'll enjoy what's on offer.

Congratulations to @MeeTooTeeTo and @Eternal422 on your HSs

@eggyg hope your back is well enough to welcome your new grandson - how very exciting for you!

Have a super sunday all...

Bit late on parade this morning, considering I was up and tested at 07:40 - 5.7 said my meter. Bit of a lazy morning - quick trip to the petrol station down the road first thing to pick up a newspaper, then to Morrisons when it opened at 10. Need to get over to LIDL sometime, too.

Decided yesterday to tackle our honeysuckle, which has got a bit out of control. I don't think we've pruned it in years so looked up what to do online. One website says that not pruning it regularly will result in a "thick, woody, tangled and impenetrable mess" , which pretty much describes ours. Have ordered some garden waste sacks to pick up from the council on Monday. We've already filled the only two bags we had in the shed.

Congrats @Eternal422 & @MeeTooTeeTo on your HSs this morning.

Whatever your plans, enjoy your Sunday. Lots of Olympics for me, especially now that the Athletics is underway.

Last edited:
Sorry, had to giggle. Your post reminds me of some of the reviews on the BBC Good Food website where someone has changed half the ingredients so it's not the same dish and then says it's brilliant 5*. On the other hand, that's what good cookery is all about, adapting dishes to use what you have available.
/
I thought if I was going to put the oven on I wanted to make enough for 2 days at least and didn't have enough lamb but plenty of pork having bought a huge piece 3.5 kg for £15 from Costco a few weeks ago.

Back