Group 7-day waking average?

@Robin I think most people would be hard pushed to not find something in Il Viaggio to enjoy.
It’s silly and it’s just fun!

Last edited:
5.6 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning all. 5.2 but another unicorn day yesterday was spoilt by a stubborn hypo whilst doing housework.

@rebrascora forget a walk, go back to bed and rest. That time is far too early to get up!
@eggyg breakfast sounds ideal, i wish i was nearer.
@ColinUK another fab CCC. Now that sounds like an opera i'd enjoy.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

image.jpg

Good morning.

I swear diabetes is the most infuriating condition known to medical science. Felt a bit glum yesterday, despite getting the 50 trees planted by Alex to help pay off his livery, so went mad and ate enough carbs to satisfy Willy Wonka. Was expecting a very high score this morning and got a 5.0.

Weather grey and dull but not dreadfully cold. Not tempted by @rebrascora pre-dawn walkies solution to insomnia in winter although given summer warmth it is a solution. In winter I just pull my duvet up round my ears, grab my kindle, and re-read an old favourite - never a new book as then wanting to know what is next keeps one awake. It doesn't always work but at least one is in good company until the day dawns properly.

Need to chase up the farrier - Peachy's tootsies need a trim - and the dog groomer - Wolf looks like Tracy Emin's bed.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday .

5.1 this morning for me.

Yesterday we had a lovely lunch out at Batsford Arboretum (Guess the Carbs was absolutely on target amazingly and not even a hint of going out of range!) then a nice wander around Stow on The Wold, but really cold so we didn’t do anything more and just drove along a scenic route back home. Going to my parents today to see them and fix some curtains, other than that nothing else planned.

@ColinUK - brilliant CCC again - looking forward to the next one!

@eggyg - enjoy your day! It sounds like it will be great fun - I think I can even smell the cooked breakfast from down here:rofl:

Congratulations to @freesia and @Barrowman for your HS today!

Have a great day everyone!

@Barrowman and you get a house!!!

Well it’s actually a lovely villa in Portugal but let’s not quibble about details

67354EF5-CFCF-40D1-83B3-CF7C3D13D7DD.jpeg

5.1 for me this morning. Had breakfast which I don't normally do on Sundays, usually go to church fasting so communion is the first thing I "eat" but woke early and struggled to get back to sleep so was up and dressed and needing something to do.

The almond mini muffins and mini Chocolate Marquis went down very well yesterday but I still have some left, so had a Marquis myself this morning and will take a couple of each to church for friends.

Congratulations @freesia and @Barrowman !

Good morning! I had a 5'7 in the Libre and 5 in the meter.

Today was especially interesting reading @ColinUK review of the opera because I was there. That's right! I had the pleasure of joining the Colin's Cultural Corner last evening 🙂 Don't need to talk about the plot as he does a great job there, but I agree it was light, fun and the decorations were pretty. I was also impressed with the venue (not with the seat comfort tho) and a lady playing the harp. Never been to an opera before and I enjoyed it.

It's not my first visit to London and this time I've planned to be pretty relaxed, picked just a few places to visit and intend to spend as much time to enjoy them as I fancy, without having to rush to the next attraction. Today is a big museum. And Harrods. I don't know why it attracts me so much, but at least this time I am wearing a nice outfit and not carrying a suitcase, the reason why they refused my entry last time.

OK, confession time... I ditched my pre dawn walk idea and despite my cup of coffee, I climbed back into bed and went back to sleep and it was more restful than the earlier part of the night had been, so very worthwhile. BG stayed nice and level and my second offer of a waking reading for today is 4.8.

Many congratulations to @freesia and @Barrowman on your optimum waking reading this morning and I've got to give congratulations to @TinaD too for binge eating yesterday and still achieving a great morning result.... there surely must be some skill involved in that or even just luck, but definitely worthy of praise. I couldn't do it, even with insulin. I am guessing the tree planting may have been a key factor.

Absolutely loved @ColinUK's CCC this morning. I much prefer stories where nobody dies and everyone lives happily ever after .....and where a hat has a lading role.

Good afternoon all. 7.4 @ 8.11am

@ColinUK You are never in! Hackney Empire makes me think grab a bag of oranges and let's go watch the Vaudeville. I thought you weren't going to put up with that seat anymore. They should stick a wastebin there or something. Like the sound of that opera, I must have a happy ending. I need to see an opera, I've never been.

Back