Group 7-day waking average?

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
called Human Forest
How do they come up with these names? Isn’t a forest generally thick?
Probably a “brain storming” meeting full of people who don’t have the raw material.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning

Bruce had a call about 6:30pm last night asking him to be at the hospital today for 7:30, rang his mum who couldn't manage as she had to take their granddaughter back up the road today who was late down for the weekend anyway due to him needing taken to the hospital on Saturday morning so she phoned his dad, all sorted, less than an hour later the hospital were back on the phone asking him to be there for 7am and they would try and get him first on the list so there's a better chance he'll get home today, if he does get home I won't be seeing him though as he's going to go and stay with his mum and dad tonight

Anyways it's a 6.2 for me today

Have a nice day folks
xx

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Morning all. 5.9 like yesterday. Just forced myself to get up. Have felt overwhelming tired these last couple of days but have realised why. I started taking Cetrizine ( antihistamine) on Saturday as I got bitten last week and as usual I have had an allergic reaction to it. I got these off the doctor last year. I haven’t had a reaction last this from a British insect, it’s usually mozzies whilst I’m abroad. This is on my right calf and my ankle has swollen too. Going to call docs this morning. If you’re squeamish look away now. It’s huge.:eek: Mr Eggy isn’t getting to pop it it’s just to show the size!
Have a nice day.:)

Attachments

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Morning all, I need to get back in the habit of posting on here. 8.5 for me today. And it was 2 years ago today that I said goodbye to Transport for London.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yikes @Michael12421 I hope you treated that 2.4 pronto! (or did you mean 12.4?)

5.4 for me this morning with a pleasing descent / correction from 12.2 at midnight :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Went to bed happy to see a flat line with little fells on Libre in spite of a roast dinner and slightly higher carbs than usual. Woke this morning to a mountain range overnight from midnight onwards and finished at 8.4 and confirmed with a BG. This sensor is not at all comfortable and I think some of the lumps may be due to that. I shall see what happens today and if it continues to be painful I shall use up one of my free ones they sent me.

I hope you get that leg sorted @eggyg
That was a bit of a low one @Michael12421 and no symptoms.

Off in search of a tree to replace our Sorbus. We get to to August each year and the leave turn brown and curly and fall off. We will visit a tree nursery and then find somewhere for a walk in this lovely weather.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No it was 2.4. Yeah, mug of tea and a chocolate chip biscuit. Strangely as always did not feel at all unwell at such a low reading, yet when I am 5 something I do. Never was the expression 'we are all different' so applicable.
You really should take something faster acting that a biscuit for BG in the 2s. Even if that has been your habit for a while. I don’t mean to nag, but please do have some lucozade, or dextrose, or high glucose confectionary like Jelly Babies available.

With repeated exposure the brain adapts to ‘perform better’ at these lower levels, so you may be no longer experiencing symptoms that match the seriousness of the situation, but that doesn’t mean that your body can function any better, and you are really on the edge. There’s not far to drop from there before unconsciousness, or sudden memory loss/confusion/incoherence

As a waking reading, you may have been at or around that level for hours, which will not have done your warning signs any good.

I suspect people have mentioned this to you before, but for your own safety, please reconsider your current relaxed strategy to BGs at this low level.

I have been there, and it nearly killed me. Hypo warning signs are recoverable to an extent, but it takes a lot of effort and a significant change in mindset.

stephknits

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning all, a 5.8 this morning. Another Monday, marked only by putting the bin out! I did have a sneaky rummage through my work emails just to forward any that require answers. Beginning to feel weird not being at work with lots of others returning. Will be even stranger if/when the kids go back in September!
Packed week this week with Alices zoom bass lesson today, a visit to the opticians to pick up my new glasses tomorrow, Alice hospital appointment on wed, stained glass making with a friend Thurs and back to the Royal London on Friday. Actually feel the need to use my diary for once. Pic is of girls in Walsingham last week.
IMG_20200729_120011469.jpg

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning 4.1 on another lying weather person day.:rolleyes:
Got an emergency visit to the Podiatrist tomorrow morning right big toe is weeping.:oops:

Thinking of you and Bruce @Kaylz {{{HUGS}}}.

Nice bit of kit Colin in Mercs original colours too.:)

Not nice @eggyg hope you get it sorted.

@Michael12421 you need to raise your levels maybe into lower teens for a while to get your
awareness back. I had to do it for a month gradually it came back, still not perfect as I have to
go into the 3`s before I get wobbly, been in a coma twice not nice.

Take care folks stay safe. :)

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just a wee update in case anyone is actually interested, Bruce called, said the op seems to have gone well, should get out later today, asked if I could let his mum know so I did
xx

Michael12421

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Glad that the op was OK and that Bruce will be back with his parents later today - minus the booze of course, well, perhaps a small whisky?

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Turns out he's not getting home today after all :(

@Michael12421 most certainly not, whisky is partly what got him into this utter mess
xx

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to hear Bruce won’t be home but glad he has had it done, don’t worry I’m sure he will be fine xx

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear Bruce won’t be home but glad he has had it done, don’t worry I’m sure he will be fine xx
he has no feeling in 2 of his fingers, they say it's normal and it should be back by tomorrow but if it wasn't and he came home he would've had to go back tomorrow anyway and its over an hours drive for his mum/dad so they gave him the option to stay or come home so he decided to stay xx

SueEK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
he has no feeling in 2 of his fingers, they say it's normal and it should be back by tomorrow but if it wasn't and he came home he would've had to go back tomorrow anyway and its over an hours drive for his mum/dad so they gave him the option to stay or come home so he decided to stay xx
Hope all is ok, if they gave him the option of going home they must be pretty sure it will be fine. He will probably like being pampered in hospital (does that actually happen these days!!) x