Group 7-day waking average?

Hi Mumpat, its Maturity Onset Diabetes Of the Young, a genetic form of diabetes (I have defective genes!). But my numbers should be the same as everyone else. Unfortunately my waking numbers are always over 8. My dr's answer to this was to stop testing! This is because my HbA1c is currently 45.
I see , I was a bit confused because I saw your HbA1c was good . Maybe the dr has a point but then we wouldn't hear from you so keep on testing 🙂

I am using 75% as much Tresiba as I did Levemir. I am also still splitting the dose morning and evening as per Dr Bernstein's advice. All seems to be reasonably ok. I was advised to leave it 2-3 days before tweaking dose due to cumulative effect. Have you started yet?

That's interesting - I'd read that it should be 75% as much Tresiba as other basals, but my consultant told me I should use the same amount of Tresiba as of Lantus, so I'll have to experiment and see what happens. No, I haven't got it yet, have been waiting for letter from my consultant to get to my surgery so I can get it put on my prescription. I also need to get a pen to fit the cartridges (and make sure surgery prescribe cartridges rather than whole unit pens), as I suspect I'm likely to want 3 and a half units (currently needing 4-5 units Lantus and I always need less in winter)!

Good morning all. 7.5 today :(

Morning...7.6 for me...want to get into those 6's...

Bore da pawb... it's a horrible 10.3 for me. Seem to be going backwards with my numbers the less I eat!

Back