Food ideas with photos

No pictures yet, but I'm having spam salad for lunch, and the beef casserole I posted before, with carrots and runner beans

Breakfast - egg "muffins" aka mini frittatas. Made these with spinach and red peppers. They did stick to the muffin tray a bit despite generous sprays of oil, and I don't want to use more oil. I've ordered some foil lined cupcake cases as a recipe I want to try for low carb cakes with coconut flour (as the recipe said they stick to paper ones) so might try them for these too.

Attachments

• 20220830_092416.jpg
    20220830_092416.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 15
my last 2 meals dont look very appetising as they were sort of odds and ends that needed using up and not colourful so wont include them on here.

Yesterdays mishmash lunch was Cauliflower, chicken breast, roasted onions, a small chunk of lean protein (cheese substitute) and some beetroot (for iron) - looked very bland and all white except the onions which were burnt and the beetroot on the side, most of the plate was cauliflower and chicken so not very pretty

This morning I had carbzone bread, toasted with peanut butter and a 10 cal jelly (did add 5 strawberries but couldnt eat them as they had gone mushy and had something odd on one of them, so just the jelly (oh and a cup of coffee and a benecol drink)

My evening meal is chicken soup followed by a greek yoghurt with some form of fruit (wish it was banana but they are no longer allowed) My levels have been high today 11.9 after breakfast and 11.1 supposedly before lunch but decided to wait to see if it gets under 7 before eating anything else

this is the best thread ever. i love looking at food photos and these are all going to be things im probably allowed so they'll be super helpful. im going to go through my recent photos and post some too.

this is the best thread ever. i love looking at food photos and these are all going to be things im probably allowed so they'll be super helpful. im going to go through my recent photos and post some too.
looking forward to seeing them, and if you have got a diabetic friendly cauliflower cheese recipe please share, I have been looking for one that wont affect my high cholesterol or my carb intake but it seems to be either high fat or covered in breadcrumbs 🙂

looking forward to seeing them, and if you have got a diabetic friendly cauliflower cheese recipe please share, I have been looking for one that wont affect my high cholesterol or my carb intake but it seems to be either high fat or covered in breadcrumbs 🙂
no cauliflower cheese but a few Christmases ago i steamed some broccoli, toss it in a little oil and roasted it for 10-15 mins. top it with all the leftovers from the cheese board and roast it for another 10-15

today was:
breakfast: 1 Weetabix
lunch: salad with 2 bit of dhokla (chickpea flour steamed sponge savoury cake with spices)

snack: 10g nuts and celery and broccoli sticks.
not sure what i want to make for dinner: edit decided on stir fried tofu and veg with something maybe rice.

Last edited:
You probably want to look for a sauce recipe with low fat cream cheese, that will probably replace the flour thickening element of the sauce, as well as reduce the fat of the cheesy element. Then sprinkle a bit of cheese over the top to grill/ bake.

The other option is to make a more traditional cheese sauce but fully pre-cook the cauliflower, and just use a small amount of sauce on the top.

I forgot to take a pic tonight! I meant to but passed through the kitchen door and my brain said "eat!" :rofl:

I had bolognese with black bean spaghetti and a sprinkling of mozzarella and it did look very nice as well as tasting it....

This isn't recent it's from before I found out. This is my lower carb version of tacos. Lower carb than I would normally have. Now I know I would only have 2 of these. Normally they contained rice and often I'll wrap the crunchy taco in a soft taco for the best of both textures.

The shell is 7g carb each plus whatever the chilli comes out to.
Full pot of Chilli = 14g for tomatoes tin. <7g for Quorn packet 300g. Each taco only contains about 2-3table spoons of that.

The stuffing I've skipped the rice and used a Quorn mince chilli with canned tomatoes and spices. On shredded lettuce and pickled cabbage. Pickled onion on the one on the right.

think 3 would be too much but 2 would be great with a side of salad.

Attachments

• lc taco.jpg
    lc taco.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 15
Screen Shot 2022-06-04 at 7.20.45 PM.png
Sweet and sour chicken with beansprouts and mushrooms and some peas. I use pea protein mixed with egg to make the batter and it is almost zero carbs. I coat frozen cooked chicken chunks and then fry until the batter crisps up. The sweet and sour is a mix of Heinz no added sugar ketchup and sesame oil and soya sauce and I sprinkled some toasted black sesame seeds on top.

1C23EA83-EA06-4AC7-AF79-816F979FE6D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 8867138F-0C80-49E3-9FE8-2257E898E090.jpeg
    8867138F-0C80-49E3-9FE8-2257E898E090.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 9
Today’s lunch had just over 10 carbs so in total today I have had 40 carbs. Trying to keep under 100 a day so looking on track

Yesterday’s lunch. A bit odd but I wanted to make sure I had some veg with my chicken soup

Attachments

• A0F9D036-14DB-4CFA-8E3B-E36EF5A0576F.jpeg
    A0F9D036-14DB-4CFA-8E3B-E36EF5A0576F.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 8
Tea last night - quarter pound beef burger with cheese on a bed of spinach, with a cheese scone on the side because I felt like some carbs and that was the lowest carb bread-related thing in my freezer
20220831_190543.jpg20220831_190526.jpg

Early dinner

Attachments

• A160B9ED-6EE3-4A72-BEFC-93DF8C86D598.jpeg
    A160B9ED-6EE3-4A72-BEFC-93DF8C86D598.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 23
Back