Extremely High Bloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so, they used to telephone weekly but now I don't hear anything - and not going A+E if I can help it.. if no good in a few days then I will call the GP. - Hope you're OK and well ?
I wouldn’t leave past tomorrow morning as if your ketones are high it can cause havoc on your body, your depression and anxiety won’t be helping either so give surgery a call as well in the morning sweetheart.

Hopefully, if Laurie uses his insulin to bring his levels down, his ketone levels will also drop and then he won't need emergency treatment and he will feel less anxious too.

Hopefully, if Laurie uses his insulin to bring his levels down, his ketone levels will also drop and then he won't need emergency treatment and he will feel less anxious too.
Let’s hope so but he still needs support on how to manage and make them aware of situation especially if normally on a fixed dose as sounds like he’s not getting much professional support right now especially if his new meds are part of reason the bloods are going higher (from one of early posts that’s suggested).

Let’s hope so but he still needs support on how to manage and make them aware of situation especially if normally on a fixed dose as sounds like he’s not getting much professional support right now especially if his new meds are part of reason the bloods are going higher (from one of early posts that’s suggested).
Thank you! I’m also in crisis mode right now and need professional help. I’m waiting on 111 I’m at tipping point. I will update you all in time but I wouldn’t be surprised if an ambulance comes and takes me away.

My wife’s Mum left me feeling totally useless and demoralised. I’ve hardly slept and just given up. (Not suicidal anymore) but certainly can’t function after this.

Thank you! I’m also in crisis mode right now and need professional help. I’m waiting on 111 I’m at tipping point. I will update you all in time but I wouldn’t be surprised if an ambulance comes and takes me away.

Keep going @IamLawrie You’re doing the right thing phoning 111. Sometimes everything can just get on top of you. I hope you get the support you need.

Once you feel mentally ready, getting control of your blood sugar will help. It won’t magically solve the depression, but it will remove some of the emotions. When I have high sugar, I feel very panicky and physically not right. This isn’t just in my head. The actual high sugar causes physical stress symptoms and a physical panic.

If you do get admitted to hospital, ask if one of the diabetes team can see you. The DSNs often visit patients with diabetes even if they’re in hospital for another reason.

Glad that you are seeking help @IamLawrie .

I agree with @Inka that high BG make you feel rubbish both physically and emotionally so do ask to be seen by the diabetes team if you can access them. Keep in touch.

My wife’s Mum left me feeling totally useless and demoralised. I’ve hardly slept and just given up. (Not suicidal anymore) but certainly can’t function after this.
Your MIL does not walk in your shoes and like many people can be very judgemental when they are clueless as to what's going on. So best thing to do is feel sorry for her as she can't help being ignorant.
One things for sure I bet your MIL can not take fabulous photos like you 🙂

Like you, I have to deal with people like this on a regular bases due to my MS, it's frustrating, wearing and demoralising at times. 🙂
If you want to chat send me a PM.

Your MIL does not walk in your shoes and like many people can be very judgemental when they are clueless as to what's going on. So best thing to do is feel sorry for her as she can't help being ignorant.
One things for sure I bet your MIL can not take fabulous photos like you 🙂

Like you, I have to deal with people like this on a regular bases due to my MS, it's frustrating, wearing and demoralising at times. 🙂
If you want to chat send me a PM.
Hit the nail on the head there! Thank you ever so much.

Morning all, sat here crying with happiness.. I have just had a telephone call from the diabetes department at the hospital and they are sending me the FreestyleLibre because im struggling so much, plus making me an urgent appointment and they offered to call me every week or two for support - talk about amazing. - so yeah thanks everyone for everything. I couldnt do it without you.

Morning all, sat here crying with happiness.. I have just had a telephone call from the diabetes department at the hospital and they are sending me the FreestyleLibre because im struggling so much, plus making me an urgent appointment and they offered to call me every week or two for support - talk about amazing. - so yeah thanks everyone for everything. I couldnt do it without you.
Great to hear you've positive news!onwards and upwards (or, in the case of your blood sugars, downwards!)

Really appreciate you chatting to us and hope they come back quickly, thinking of you and remember your sugars being so high won’t be helping you mood

Hopefully now you will start and get the support you should and it makes a difference to you.

Sometimes just knowing where to go for support or even that there is some support available can make things seem a little bit more manageable. Remember that everyone here is rooting for you- if you need support or have questions just ask

Hello all.. - I was at my lowest today, so low I had made plans but not low enough to take action, I told 999 at 5am and my Drs when they opened. To cut a very long story short, today I had long over-due bloods taken and I spent 2 hours speaking to my GP. (she wanted to ensure I wasnt going to do anything silly). I have a lot to process, Im being prescribed medication to help slow down my heart, additionally she wants me to go to the hospital and get tests to ensure my heart is ok, additionally i will be getting the help and diagnosis I need - Thanks everyone for everything.

Hello all, I think its time you have another update. - Saturday - 3 ambulances, taken to ED for 8 hours, wasnt allowed to leave, then taken via taxi 30 seconds around the corner of the street where security and mental health nurses were waiting, I had to be guarded and assessed, because of autism (to be confirmed) time in the psychiatric hospital wasnt 'yet' an option. - Im having another assesment on Thursday with primary care team... So a bit scary. Other things have also happened but I don't want to cause any triggers, you are of course welcome to send a direct message if you wish to know more, but my mental health issues stem from when I was 13 and now im addressing it I will be going to the Police. Thank you for all your kind words and support.

Freestyle Libre - really good - bloods in a good range for a change, Ive also have my insulin increased - Toujeo 55 units per night and NovoRapid between 10 - 14 per meal, and yes I can finally do adjustment doses.

Hello all, I think its time you have another update. - Saturday - 3 ambulances, taken to ED for 8 hours, wasnt allowed to leave, then taken via taxi 30 seconds around the corner of the street where security and mental health nurses were waiting, I had to be guarded and assessed, because of autism (to be confirmed) time in the psychiatric hospital wasnt 'yet' an option. - Im having another assesment on Thursday with primary care team... So a bit scary. Other things have also happened but I don't want to cause any triggers, you are of course welcome to send a direct message if you wish to know more, but my mental health issues stem from when I was 13 and now im addressing it I will be going to the Police. Thank you for all your kind words and support.

Freestyle Libre - really good - bloods in a good range for a change, Ive also have my insulin increased - Toujeo 55 units per night and NovoRapid between 10 - 14 per meal, and yes I can finally do adjustment doses.
Have been to the unit you mention, they are lovely though the security set up was a bit odd, hope next few days goes ok for you!

So glad that you have the Libre now and that you are able to do corrections in response.
Good to hear that the hospital were able to arrange the support you needed snd that they are helping you take appropriate steps.
Keep in touch.

just read this thread and story , stick around and fight for your right to get all the help you severe even though THE NHS is struggling , i have mental illness and diabetes and its a very tough situation especially with unstable blood sugars , good luck to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back