Extremely High Bloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @IamLawrie. Sorry to see that you have asked for your account to be closed and really do hope that you will reconsider. I am sure that everybody contributing to this thread are trying to help in their own way and sometimes what is said looks like criticism but I am sure it is not meant to be. What I am sure of is that the numbers you have been reporting are too high for comfort and we all are concerned for you.

As a T2 I am going to keep out of the details of managing T1 diabetes especially when the management is complicated by other conditions. What I might suggest is that you pick amongst the ideas put forward, take note of those you think you can work with and simply ignore the rest. I would also suggest that if you can, you set aside any thoughts of being a nuisance to the NHS. You need help and you are entitled to it, so keep badgering your GP or 111 or whatever until between you, you find a way through.
Thank you so much,, unlucky for you all Ive decided to stay here and cause you more issues lol - Only joking.. I today helped myself. I pushed myself to go for a walk last night and today I walked into Plymouth centre - 2 miles, I checked my bloods - 18, not good so walked into town - 20, so went for a little more further walk and after 2 coffee's I wad down to 18 again.. I have since called the diabetic helpline and am waiting on a call back.

sick day rules? whats this ?

I posted this link to Sick Day Rules a few posts ago, but you may have missed it. It’s a PDF flowchart from the Diabetes Centre in Leicester that gives you suggestions of what action to take based on your BG levels when you are ill with T1 🙂

Hope it helps 🙂

I posted this link to Sick Day Rules a few posts ago, but you may have missed it. It’s a PDF flowchart from the Diabetes Centre in Leicester that gives you suggestions of what action to take based on your BG levels when you are ill with T1 🙂

Hope it helps 🙂

Hang in there @IamLawrie

Folks here care for you. We want to help. Diabetes can be frustrating, and draining. And you aren’t getting the support you deserve, and need. But things can improve if you get a bit more help. You just need guidance on how to adjust your doses gently and safely.

We are rooting for you.

Last edited:
Thank you so much,, unlucky for you all Ive decided to stay here and cause you more issues lol - Only joking.. I today helped myself. I pushed myself to go for a walk last night and today I walked into Plymouth centre - 2 miles, I checked my bloods - 18, not good so walked into town - 20, so went for a little more further walk and after 2 coffee's I wad down to 18 again.. I have since called the diabetic helpline and am waiting on a call back.
I am in Plymouth too, are you trying Derriford? I was admitted for similar numbers with gastritis recently and ended up in dka and team were amazing, if your surgery send you to them then you will be in a good caring place, just need to try and bypass A&E as it’s overloaded.

Thank you

Diabetes can be overwhelming at times. And when it’s not responding to treatment it can make things really tough and mess with your head big time.

Hi Lawrie,
Take a deep breath and start again (take one day at a time) We can help you but only if you allow us to do so. 🙂
There is no question that is silly, so if there's something you do not understand then ask again so someone can phrase it differently.

Would it be easier for you to ask a question IE., how to increase basal (background/long acting) insulin?

When you have high blood sugars it does make your mood very black esp if you already have depression one of the downsides of this is having a muddled thought process as if you have treacle going through your veins and brain. :( It will pass though once your numbers come down to a more normal range.

@IamLawrie i’m so glad you decided to stay. This forum is so helpful, we can talk about what we had for dinner, our latest blood results, share our graphs, tell silly jokes and so on, but the single most important reason for any of us to be here is to help and be helped. To leave when you need us most would be so sad.

Last edited:
I am in Plymouth too, are you trying Derriford? I was admitted for similar numbers with gastritis recently and ended up in dka and team were amazing, if your surgery send you to them then you will be in a good caring place, just need to try and bypass A&E as it’s overloaded.
Thank you means a lot. Yeah Derriford I’m not sure if I’m coming or going am so confused

@IamLawrie i’m so glad you decided to stay. This forum is so helpful, we can talk about what we had for dinner, our latest blood results, share our graphs, tell silly jokes and so on, but the single most important reason for any of us to be here is to help and be helped. To leave when you need us most would be so sad.
Thank you so much means a lot! I’m just worn out mentally.

Hi Lawrie,
Take a deep breath and start again (take one day at a time) We can help you but only if you allow us to do so. 🙂
There is no question that is silly, so if there's something you do not understand then ask again so someone can phrase it differently.

Would it be easier for you to ask a question IE., how to increase basal (background/long acting) insulin?

When you have high blood sugars it does make your mood very black esp if you already have depression one of the downsides of this is having a muddled thought process as if you have treacle going through your veins and brain. :( It will pass though once your numbers come down to a more normal range.
Thank you I really hope you can forgive me, I’m so worn out and tired with everything just feeling hopeless and like a lost cause.

Thank you I really hope you can forgive me, I’m so worn out and tired with everything just feeling hopeless and like a lost cause.
Nothing to forgive, IamLawrie. We're all in the same boat, doing the best we can, and its not a easy thing to manage. If it's a bit too much today, you can come back and read the thread tomorrow. And ask questions. We, like the thread, will also be here.
The helplessness is just depression lying to you. It does that, depression. Makes you feel like you are always felt this way and always will. Trust me, that's not true.
You are not a lost cause.
Take care

Nothing to forgive, IamLawrie. We're all in the same boat, doing the best we can, and its not a easy thing to manage. If it's a bit too much today, you can come back and read the thread tomorrow. And ask questions. We, like the thread, will also be here.
The helplessness is just depression lying to you. It does that, depression. Makes you feel like you are always felt this way and always will. Trust me, that's not true.
You are not a lost cause.
Take care
Thank you so very much. Seriously it’s helping loads.

To add to the misery, I fell earlier, I got my right toe stuck in my pyjamas and now both feet and bruising nicely, quite a bit of pain and I heard something rip in both feet. ? any ideas?

Thank you means a lot. Yeah Derriford I’m not sure if I’m coming or going am so confused
No wonder, high bloods messes with your head and you were already down as it is. Hope you get through and they reply quickly, they really are a lovely team so keeping my fingers crossed that they can help you x

To add to the misery, I fell earlier, I got my right toe stuck in my pyjamas and now both feet and bruising nicely, quite a bit of pain and I heard something rip in both feet. ? any ideas?
Ouch, hoping was just the pj’s rip but obviously we need to be extra careful with any injury, have you an ice pack or bag of peas to try and bring the swelling down? Hoping someone else can give an idea on injuries especially to avoid A&E at this time of night!

No wonder, high bloods messes with your head and you were already down as it is. Hope you get through and they reply quickly, they really are a lovely team so keeping my fingers crossed that they can help you x
I hope so, they used to telephone weekly but now I don't hear anything - and not going A+E if I can help it.. if no good in a few days then I will call the GP. - Hope you're OK and well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back