curry and rice on wednesday 10th march

Status
Not open for further replies.
grr guna test in 1 minute i feel weird , but hope it aint gone higher then 11 cause that will be a result for me

Adrienne, good numbers up to now - but i wonder if J might go up a little later? If not - you have it spot on with your dual wave etc. I am interested that you set the 0% basal aswell as the coke - i have never thought of that as i thought it took a couple of hours to have any effect?🙂Bev

I sometimes do that and it is fine. I just know that as this is her third (well nearly third) hypo (she would have gone down without a doubt), I know she is going to go up and down for hours so put on the 0% temp for added measure.

If she hadn't had the other hypos or country dancing I would have said half the coke and no temp basal either and would have seen what happened.

Just heard her actually, she is testing herself. She gets very worried about hypos. She has just shouted out 4.1 Now this is after a can of coke and no insulin going in !!

I'm going to leave it and test in 10 mins and see which way she is going. I think its gonna be a long old night for me and I'm shattered.

Oh well Gordon Ramsey nightmares here I come (love a bit of Gordon) 🙂

It was a new one on me hun i was trying it for first time , he had a garlic and coriander naan well he had 2 actually full size as well . :D🙄

did you like the peshwari ...its very yummy but as i said with sugar nuts and dried fruit thats why i only had a bite:(....so steff those figures are greatXX ...and well done for cooking from scratch ....when we lived in centre of universe it was so much easier to get the proper spices !!!

did you like the peshwari ...its very yummy but as i said with sugar nuts and dried fruit thats why i only had a bite:(....so steff those figures are greatXX ...and well done for cooking from scratch ....when we lived in centre of universe it was so much easier to get the proper spices !!!

I wont have it again hun out it that way

phew i did 4 hr test and i was 10.8 so thats ok , x

I wont have it again hun out it that way

phew i did 4 hr test and i was 10.8 so thats ok , x

Excellent results Steff. We went down and still going down and Jessica still awake..........

I sometimes do that and it is fine. I just know that as this is her third (well nearly third) hypo (she would have gone down without a doubt), I know she is going to go up and down for hours so put on the 0% temp for added measure.

If she hadn't had the other hypos or country dancing I would have said half the coke and no temp basal either and would have seen what happened.

Just heard her actually, she is testing herself. She gets very worried about hypos. She has just shouted out 4.1 Now this is after a can of coke and no insulin going in !!

I'm going to leave it and test in 10 mins and see which way she is going. I think its gonna be a long old night for me and I'm shattered.

Oh well Gordon Ramsey nightmares here I come (love a bit of Gordon) 🙂

Oh no - poor you and poor J. I do hope her levels start to rise soon (but not too high) and you can finally get some sleep. Hopefully once you get her levels up a bit she will stay there.🙂Bev

Sorry to hear things are going that way hun , hope things settle xxxx

well done Cuz xxx good results !
addrienne my sympathy is with you and J hope you manage to get some sleep 🙂

well done Cuz xxx good results !
addrienne my sympathy is with you and J hope you manage to get some sleep 🙂

She's up to 6.3 so I'll test again in an hour and then hopefully bed. Yippee

Cheers cuz , hope you get to bed asap Ad xx

Well she is now 3.2, given lucozade for a change and I'm off to bed to deal with her and wait and read and wait and test and read etc etc.

I'll be back in the morning with what happened.

😉

Morning Adreinne I hope things ran smoothly enough for you and J during the night x

Well we had an eventful night and ended up down at 2.9 at one point. She did then hit 11 according to her sensor but I ignored it and she woke at 8.1

All in all everyones results weren't that bad actually. We all did what we all do and controlled it. Louise your results were ok because you kept controlling your levels with insulin so great stuff.

Bev, was thinking does Alex go high after most even meals. Does the ratio need changing now. Jessica is on (I think) 1 : 13 at tea. Just a thought and I know that rice is a problem.

Well we had an eventful night and ended up down at 2.9 at one point. She did then hit 11 according to her sensor but I ignored it and she woke at 8.1

All in all everyones results weren't that bad actually. We all did what we all do and controlled it. Louise your results were ok because you kept controlling your levels with insulin so great stuff.

Bev, was thinking does Alex go high after most even meals. Does the ratio need changing now. Jessica is on (I think) 1 : 13 at tea. Just a thought and I know that rice is a problem.

So whats your thoughts on J then hun? Like you say i thought all in all everyone had really good results.

So whats your thoughts on J then hun? Like you say i thought all in all everyone had really good results.

Hi

I think Jessica's was the curse of the country dancing after school. She jumped around like a maniac for an hour !! I did put on a temp basal (less insulin) for two hours afterwards but obviously had no effect !

I have put notes at school now to put on a temp basal (less insulin) for an hour and a half before country dancing next time for four hours to see what happens.

Thanks to all who took part - its really interesting seeing everyones results. Unfortunately Alex's went pear-shaped - this wasnt due to the rice - i think he had a problem with his pump as he ended up at 32 this afternoon!!!!!! I had to ring medtronic for advice - seems there may have been something wrong with his tubing or reservoir.😱

Pigeon, great that you have joined in - the more the merrier! Looking forward to reading your results.🙂Bev

Thanks to all who took part - its really interesting seeing everyones results. Unfortunately Alex's went pear-shaped - this wasnt due to the rice - i think he had a problem with his pump as he ended up at 32 this afternoon!!!!!! I had to ring medtronic for advice - seems there may have been something wrong with his tubing or reservoir.😱

Pigeon, great that you have joined in - the more the merrier! Looking forward to reading your results.🙂Bev

goodness me bev i thought i was the only one that could get 32 ! aww hope lilttle guy is ok xx was he at school at the time

Hi Steph, i brought him home from school at 2pm because he went up to 20 something after a correction etc.. Then i rang medtronic when we got home to ask them what the problem was and whilst i was talking to them he went up to 32! We just used his pen to inject and did a set change. He went down a bit - but then went to taekwando and came out at 13! Not sure what happened to be honest with you. Maybe its one of those lovely diabetes fairies!😱:DBev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back