curry and rice on wednesday 10th march

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I cant really help in many other ways so guess its my little contribution x

brilliant maybe we could post them on the FB page ...ask sam or becky when she come on ....SOZ bev back on post now...

Im wondering if its the combination of foods together that helped my numbers...lemon juice on the salad ...yoghurt ?

Acidic foods like vinegar and lemon juice help to lower the GI of other foods.

Acidic foods like vinegar and lemon juice help to lower the GI of other foods.

i thought id read that somewhere as well Tez .....hey calling all try putting lemon juice on salad tonight and i put a big dollop of plain low fat yoghurt on the side of my plate and eat the rice with it ....just a thought

I love curry, but the way my bloods are just now I'm not sure I dare. I'll see how I am tomorrow.

*BUMP*

All are invited to tonights 'big night in' for curry and rice.🙂Bev

Looking forward to it. Ingredients got, going to try Thai Jasmine rice as recommended, chicken out of freezer, ready to goooooooooooo.

I'm starving already.

Looking forward to it. Ingredients got, going to try Thai Jasmine rice as recommended, chicken out of freezer, ready to goooooooooooo.

I'm starving already.

mmmm me to adreinne i got it all which was really lucky i thought id struggle to get the thai jasmine rice but did'nt , this is as exciting as the fish and chips for me lol .

Well I have bought Tilda's Thai Jasmine Rice and on the packet it says :

UNcooked rice : 100g is 79.5 cho

UNcooked rice : serving of 62.5g is 49.9 cho

Think I will cook two servings of 62.5 and just divide them up and see what happens.

Thats a lot different from the rice i have got. Uncle Bens white basmati is

30cho per 100g.:confused:Bev

p.s. Just realised your quoting the uncooked amounts - i am quoting the cooked.

Hiya Bev

Just seen the results so far for Alex and you said you were surprised by the 4.1

This sometimes happens with Jessica and lots of others. Did you do the bolus beforehand? We do a bolus for rice afterwards. What happens is that rice doesn't start working for a while. If you bolus before then the insulin starts working before the rice does hence the low and sometimes with Jessica a hypo.

I could never understand why she hypoed after eating rice but that is why I bolus after now.

Hya!
Ooops! That explains it then! Also he did have a yoghurt of 15 carbs and he did the bolus straight away at 50/50 - so probably there was too much up front and should have maybe done a 30/70 and waited until he had eaten some of it? Will see what his results are later. He absolutely LOVED the curry - so we will be having that again soon i think! Poor J having the hypo's - any particular reason for them?😱🙂Bev

Hya!
Ooops! That explains it then! Also he did have a yoghurt of 15 carbs and he did the bolus straight away at 50/50 - so probably there was too much up front and should have maybe done a 30/70 and waited until he had eaten some of it? Will see what his results are later. He absolutely LOVED the curry - so we will be having that again soon i think! Poor J having the hypo's - any particular reason for them?😱🙂Bev

Yep country dancing after school !!! An hour of vigorous dancing, I just watch !! She was on a temp basal of 20% for two hours but still the hypos (or and I gave her two glucotabs half way through as she was 6.2 and jumping around.

Jessica had yoghurt and bolused for it all.

So far so good usually around the 3 4 hour mark is when it goes belly up for me.

So far so good usually around the 3 4 hour mark is when it goes belly up for me.

We are going head to head Steff. We are doing ok as well. Like you but around the 4 to 5 hour mark we go high or around the 3 to 4 hour mark we go low !!! Which way I wonder.

We are going head to head Steff. We are doing ok as well. Like you but around the 4 to 5 hour mark we go high or around the 3 to 4 hour mark we go low !!! Which way I wonder.

Well ill stake my left foot on me for going high lol.

Well got my high level but i guess 10 is very good for me x im impressed and the food was delicious!

Well got my high level but i guess 10 is very good for me x im impressed and the food was delicious!

good one steff the pashwari nan is sweet with dried fruit so that would have been more difficult so all going well xx

good one steff the pashwari nan is sweet with dried fruit so that would have been more difficult so all going well xx

It was a new one on me hun i was trying it for first time , he had a garlic and coriander naan well he had 2 actually full size as well . :D🙄

Adrienne, good numbers up to now - but i wonder if J might go up a little later? If not - you have it spot on with your dual wave etc. I am interested that you set the 0% basal aswell as the coke - i have never thought of that as i thought it took a couple of hours to have any effect?🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back