curry and rice on wednesday 10th march

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
I havent had a lot of time over the weekend to sort out the 'big night in' - so dont think we have time for a poll.

So should we have a curry and rice night? I have been avoiding rice for Alex because we cant get it right and it would be great to see what you all do for rice!🙂Bev

I am very reluctant Bev to take part after recent events, what do you think?

Yummy i love curry i'm in 🙂

I might be able to do this, I do enjoy curry but never have it at home because my other half doesn't like it. Usually get my dad to cook it for me and end up high several hours later.

curry and rice i am in 🙂

Hiya

I'm up for that but can I do it slightly differently and maybe Steff can do it like me. I had a take away last night and I've nearly lost a stone so don't want another takeaway this week. I'll make my own chicken curry is that is ok and see how it compares. I have a great recipe from Jessica's recipe book so she'll eat that no problem.

Hope thats ok, just a different spin on it.

🙂

Of course it is! It doesnt matter if its take-away or home-made - is just to try to get the rice right. I think I am doing a home-made one as Alex doesnt normally 'do' curry - so think i might make a korma as its only mild. What rice do you usually use? We use white basmati and cant get the dose right!🙂

Wow! A stone already - thats great - well done to you!🙂Bev

Hiya

I'm up for that but can I do it slightly differently and maybe Steff can do it like me. I had a take away last night and I've nearly lost a stone so don't want another takeaway this week. I'll make my own chicken curry is that is ok and see how it compares. I have a great recipe from Jessica's recipe book so she'll eat that no problem.

Hope thats ok, just a different spin on it.

🙂

Im still undecided Adreinne ill see how i feel on wednesday, my last 2 big nights in have been bad.

Of course it is! It doesnt matter if its take-away or home-made - is just to try to get the rice right. I think I am doing a home-made one as Alex doesnt normally 'do' curry - so think i might make a korma as its only mild. What rice do you usually use? We use white basmati and cant get the dose right!🙂

Wow! A stone already - thats great - well done to you!🙂Bev

Yep basmati. I personally can't stand brown rice so basmati is the next best thing. We do 30/70 over 3 hours but may change that to 50/50 over 3 hours and see what happens as we too can't get this right.

I need to start writing stuff down again I think and doing some more experimenting with rice and pasta.

I wanna be rebelious and join in sorry Bev .Ill do it Adriennes way.

I wanna be rebelious and join in sorry Bev .Ill do it Adriennes way.

Steph, thats fine! It doesnt really matter where you get it from or whether you make it yourself - its the rice part that causes the trouble. Also be aware that jars of curry sauce and packets do have carbs in aswell. You can make your own carb free if you dont use flour or potato as a thickener.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back