Before Tea/Evening Meal

I was at 5.3... We had a meal out with the office today, and I had baked fish, potatoes (Around 3 of them) and vegetables. I did think of leaving the potatoes, but at ethem all up. Just over two hours later was at 5.5. Thumbs up for potatoes!

Last edited:
I was at 5.3... We had a meal out with the office today, and I had baked fish, potatoes (Around 3 of them) and vegetables. I did think of leaving the potatoes, but at them all up. Just over two hours later was at 5.5. Thumbs up for potatoes!

The baddies are mashed potatoes. They are absorbed fast as already 50% btoken down!

And I'm pretty happy with a 4.4 pre-dinner this evening.

5.0 this evening before my evening meal

4.9 after a cheeky cappuccino in the city centre and a walk back home.
The baddies are mashed potatoes. They are absorbed fast as already 50% btoken down!

Well, it's a good job that i absolutely hate mashed potatoes! 🙂

A few years ago, BD (Before Diabetes) I went to Germany (Hildesheim) as part of a project. We went to a restaurant and I ordered something traditional off the menu. It was bangers and mash with a side plate containing large chunk of beetroot.

Last edited:
A rather naughty 11.4 for me. After breakfast the phantom pain faded and at lunchtime after pumping iron (not doing the ironing :() my BG was 6.1 so I decided to order a pizza from the oval outlet. The problem was it came very late and I had to treat a hypo whilst waiting. Because of this I should have left a 1/4 to 1/3 but didn't and now it's paydirt time. I have injected and am waiting. Actually I am not really hungry so it does not matter.

4.9 after a cheeky cappuccino in the city centre and a walk back home.

Well, it's a good job that absolutely hate mashed potatoes! 🙂

A few years ago, BD (Before Diabetes) I went to Germany (Hildesheim) as part of a project. We went to a restaurant and I ordered something traditional off the menu. It was bangers and mash with a side plate containing large chunk of beetroot.

Were they German sausages like Bockwurst or Bratwurst. The more usual side is sauerkraut

And a rather late posting of my 4.4 pre-dinner this evening.

Were they German sausages like Bockwurst or Bratwurst. The more usual side is sauerkraut

They were German sausages… and very nice. The beetroot was odd, just a big lump of it on a plate.

Some of the other people in our group ordered a mail meal, starters and sweets, but didn‘t realise that their main meal came with a starter and sweet - they ended up with two plates of dumplings that they couldn’t eat!

4.9 this evening.

5.2 this evening (not late posting but I am late eating... then again I didn't have lunch/breakfast till after 3pm as I had a lie in :rofl: )

And for me, a 5.4 before dinner this evening and that's after a 4.4 at lunchtime.

And pre-dinner this evening it was a 5.4 or me....

And tonight its a 7.0 pre-dinner,
Looking forward to my cold meat and potatoes with Branston pickle, that should bump up
the BG before bedtime

5.2 for me.

Back