Before Tea/Evening Meal

And a 6.7 for me pre-dinner tonight.....

6.5 for me this evening - either the chicken Kiev, the keto bread or the turnip 'chips' for lunch or possibly a combination of all 3! :confused: Or perhaps cos I've been baking and you have test 😉
Hope everyone has had a good day

9. I had a stack in the afternoon before going out for a walk sometimes I need it sometimes I don't. So it's hit and miss then.

Going to have to a be a bit of a hypocrite on mince pies over the next few days at some point as a got a good to good go order from costs today and 2 mince pies were in un the bag.

5.1 today. Had a small tea today of broccoli cheese and a pork loin steak, as last week I averaged more calories than I would have preferred (partly due to eating out as we had a little weekend away so I'm not that bothered, but I don't want to get in the habit of eating more all the time at present as I have a fair bit more weight to lose before my BMI drops under "obese").

My last meal was at 1pm, although I had a 10 cal jelly and a benecol at 4pm (realised I hadnt got enough calories or carbs left to eat anything else, was OK though as I wasnt hungry, So just taken a reading 9 hours after eating lunch, 7 hours after the 10 calorie jelly, my level was 7.4! This can be foot on the floor or dawn phenomenon. Can 9 hours after food be considered a fasting reading? If so 7.4 isnt great is it?

My last meal was at 1pm, although I had a 10 cal jelly and a benecol at 4pm (realised I hadnt got enough calories or carbs left to eat anything else, was OK though as I wasnt hungry, So just taken a reading 9 hours after eating lunch, 7 hours after the 10 calorie jelly, my level was 7.4! This can be foot on the floor or dawn phenomenon. Can 9 hours after food be considered a fasting reading? If so 7.4 isnt great is it?
I think I read if you’re starving your liver helps you out with a wee dump. I’m new to this so may have got that wrong!

If so 7.4 isnt great is it?
Well targets are between 4 and 7(athought I can't advise too much) so just being just being 0.4 over that I wouldn't worry epiaslly with the allowance for varrinacr with bg meters. That 7.4 could in theory actually be a 7

Ultimately it was 7.5. However, when I first checked at 5:00 it was 5.2. Knowing T Rex Isophane has a long tail I had 15gm CHO. Half-and-half later it was 4.7 and I thought fine. Then somewhere between I started feeling to talk wonky - 2.8! So I scoff a load of JBs, and end up with a headache and feeling slightly nauseous. So I take twp Paracetamol and go for a 30 minute lay down. I woke at 11:30. BG 7.5 but not at all hungry. So take 75% Isophane, and have a cuppa with two mini crackers (3gm CHO each) and an individual portion of cheese. Unable to sleep I decide to Episode 6 of Bake Off again but the Firestick says it wants updating. After it doesn't want to play so I go to bed but after finally getting to sleep I wake with phantom pain! Rude words are spoken to my absent leg, and I get up for tea and Gabaoentin. Been up since as its not bl**y working! :(

Ultimately it was 7.5. However, when I first checked at 5:00 it was 5.2. Knowing T Rex Isophane has a long tail I had 15gm CHO. Half-and-half later it was 4.7 and I thought fine. Then somewhere between I started feeling to talk wonky - 2.8! So I scoff a load of JBs, and end up with a headache and feeling slightly nauseous. So I take twp Paracetamol and go for a 30 minute lay down. I woke at 11:30. BG 7.5 but not at all hungry. So take 75% Isophane, and have a cuppa with two mini crackers (3gm CHO each) and an individual portion of cheese. Unable to sleep I decide to Episode 6 of Bake Off again but the Firestick says it wants updating. After it doesn't want to play so I go to bed but after finally getting to sleep I wake with phantom pain! Rude words are spoken to my absent leg, and I get up for tea and Gabaoentin. Been up since as its not bl**y working! :(

Opps, at 5:00 it was 4.2!

And it was a 7.3 for me pre-dinner tonight.

I was very happy with a 5.1 tonight. Jabbed 2 units of Fiasp and then ate a bowl of chilli with cheese coleslaw without any prebolus time. Libre still showing 5.1 so all good so far but may need another unit or 2 before bed for the kidney beans in the chilli when they start releasing and probably the protein. Just have to stay awake for another hour, but could happily climb into bed and zonk right now!

Going to have to a be a bit of a hypocrite on mince pies over the next few days at some point as a got a good to good go order from costs today and 2 mince pies were in un the bag.
One of those said mince pies has just been eating so much shame............
......🙂

One of those said mince pies has just been eating so much shame............
......🙂

At least you don't have a Libre to show how high it spikes you.... sometimes ignorance is bliss. Enjoy!

I saw a 5.4 before Tea (After dinner it was 4.9) and a couple of hours later it was 5.1 - I tried to catch the hour value which was 6.0 (Fairly low carb dinner + kvarg yoghurt).

Well I managed t stay awake and I am up to 9.4, so a 1.5 unit correction has gone in. Will know in the morning if that was the right decision! Place your bets now folks..... High, Low or Goldilocks (ie Just right :D )

5.7 for me this evening before a light tea. hope everyone has had a good day

Back