Before Tea/Evening Meal

It was 10.1 I did have lunch a lot later then usually do but used my usual radtio lunch so potentially the radio changed also haven't done much this afternoon Unfortunately 13.9 though with second time a spiked quite high.(been thinking the past couple of days my dinner radtio needs changing so if it doesn't come down later I'll do that tomorrow).

I think Libre said something like 3.7 but it exaggerates! Probably nearer 5 but I didn't double check. Didn't feel hypo and I had just eaten a JB half an hour earlier for a 4.1 on the Libre, so absolutely certain that 3.7 wasn't correct but I am OK with that. Anyway, a big bowl of chicken soup, a sausage with pickled gherkins and some cheese followed by a cup of tea with a quarter of a square of dark choc with a teaspoon of peanut butter and I am done. Just need to decide on my evening Levemir dose and then I am having an early night.

7.1 for me. pleasantly surprised as not feeling brilliant (got a cold) and had a massive nap late afternoon.
Got a chicken just finished cooking in the air fryer and probs going to have a baked potato with it and veg of some description.

5.3 for me this evening, hope all have had a good day!

5.4 this evening, had fish and chips from shop this lunchtime 2 hours later BG was 8.6 but at 4pm 3.5 hours after eating them 5.4.
PS really enjoyed every mouthful may even risk them again in a couple of months 🙂
Hope everyone has had a good day

4.9 for me, not sure why I am seeing low values in the evenings. It used to generally be high fives/six.

A surprisingly good 6.2 for me. I was worried as I treated mydf to a Just Eat delivery (I do this every 3 - 4 weeks) and had polenta (I posted about it for some weeks ago) for the first time. Although I prefer it to cous-cous it's not really for me. Think I will stick with their chicken snitzel with rustic chips and salad, or salmon with new potatoes and three veg.

And it was a 6.9 for me pre-dinner today........

8.3 had a biscuit of 13g around 1 and half hours before as was going to something that expecting to invoice a lot more walking (did still take an hour). Just enjoyed some fish and chips with house mates so possible blood sugar battle(first time since diagnosis and wasn't exapxlly sure how much of them I was eating were just sharing them(as well as the whole thing being a guesstimate)

A 9.9 for me. Wish they did a 99 with dark chocolate (70%+). Jooking apart I hypoif just before lunch and probably over treated!

Just a light tea a la @rebrascora - "had salad of shredded lettuce, diced tomato and red onion rings with about 2oz diced mature cheddar together with a small slice of wholemeal. I am not ready for gherkin with a peanut butter and chocolate glaze! It could blow Greg Wallace's mind! 🙂

6 for me

5.4 again this evening hope everyone's had a good day

And a 6.1 for me this evening pre sausage, egg, chips and beans.

5.0 for me and I was naughty. Didn't get out to the shops today so my evening meal consisted of a cup of tea with some cheese (red Leicester) and a sweet mince pie followed an hour later by half a packet of out of date roasted Mediterranean veg couscous from the back of the cupboard (bought several years pre diagnosis) with added extras.... some tomato puree, chilli jam and a few sultanas, ground cinnamon and cloves. The latter sounds revolting I know and not what I would call heathy by a long chalk but it was sustenance and I really couldn't be bothered to cook from scratch. Fully expected Libre graph to be off the chart with all those carbs but imposed some serious self control in waiting for insulin to kick in before eating and never went above 6..... So my 3rd mince pie experiment was a resounding success.
I should say that I ate quite a bit of fresh veg at lunchtime and some berries at breakfast so my diet over the whole day wasn't too out of whack.

So my 3rd mince pie experiment was a resounding success.
For science of course?

I picked up some mince pies and while my bolus is fine with them, I'm finding them a little sweet now so defo no sneaking in an extra one :rofl:

Oh was 7.4 before dinner yesterday and managed to have a small (oven baked) pizza express pizza and a wee bit of garlic flatbread and was under 9 by the end of it and didn't feel particularly high 😉. A little to many carbs in one sitting for me but oh so good and a much needed treat!

5.1 this evening for me.

A 5.2 before a home made curry!
Chicken in yoghurt and cauliflower with onions and tomatoes. Plus heaps of spices and garlic and ginger.

12.5 for me. Clearly miscalculated my home made chicken noodle soup today.
One of the big "if I had libre on I could have dealt with it much earlier" things.

Giving the correction time to work before food 🙂

It was 6.6 and have been in range(4 to 10) all day today so far.

Back