Before Tea/Evening Meal

Yes, some people assume my '59' is a patch when it is a club. Although I belong to a few motorcycle and car clubs they are the only club where people have come to see me since the amputation!
I've had the privilege of spending most of my working life supporting people with learning disabilities and I've met many Hells Angels who've been very helpful. One such person whom I asked about it said that he empathised with people with learning disabilities as fellow 'outcasts' from straight society.

I was once asked to be a “bingo caller.” I have no idea on what the code is any more than CB radio? So I made it up. Lol, let’s just say as I had complaints over the 88 & 11 which were the only two I felt inappropriate that came up? That and “Kelly’s eye?”

I was once asked to be a “bingo caller.” I have no idea on what the code is any more than CB radio? So I made it up. Lol, let’s just say as I had complaints over the 88 & 11 which were the only two I felt inappropriate that came up? That and “Kelly’s eye?”
I've never played bingo and I'm not into gambling anyway. What's the point of giving 'names' to numbers? Why don't they just say the numbers?

I've never played bingo and I'm not into gambling anyway. What's the point of giving 'names' to numbers? Why don't they just say the numbers?
I thought it was stupid too. Neither do I gamble. I think it’s to help with the call out for the familiars? A little like the police doing VIctor Foxtrot Tango? On a number plate. Just to clarify?

I thought it was stupid too. Neither do I gamble. I think it’s to help with the call out for the familiars? A little like the police doing VIctor Foxtrot Tango? On a number plate. Just to clarify?
Oh I see! When I was a kid we used to go Margate for our holidays. Whenever I saw bingo games taking place I thought it looked boring :rofl:

Oh I see! When I was a kid we used to go Margate for our holidays. Whenever I saw bingo games taking place I thought it looked boring :rofl:
I've always been proud of my fluency with the police alphabet: that's what comes of being brought up on 'The Sweeney'.

I've always been proud of my fluency with the police alphabet: that's what comes of being brought up on 'The Sweeney'.
I’m really no expert on either the police official clarification on the alphabet or this Bingo stuff. But I was brought up round the “bingo culture.” Lol, I thought the remake movie of the Sweeny, alright? But hey, let’s take that one to the other topic.

I’m really no expert on either the police official clarification on the alphabet or this Bingo stuff. But I was brought up round the “bingo culture.” Lol, I thought the remake movie of the Sweeny, alright? But hey, let’s take that one to the other topic.
I wouldn't be able to cope with anyone re-making 'The Sweeney' 😱

Indeed. Looks like ideas are running out? “Remakes?” Rarely, there is a “gem” that makes you rethink the original.
I agree. I like the Donald Sutherland version of 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' - but that's more a 're-imagining' than a straight re-make.

Back