Before Tea/Evening Meal

Good evening a bit of a high one today 9.8 😱
But then again I was tempted into a bakery this afternoon and got sausage bap and a cake
I was at the time feeling good having had a quite in-depth chat with my GP

although I understand to many afternoon visits to the bakery and my next Hba1c will be back up high

@Satan’s little helper, seeing that image reminded me, that’s something I want to be able to do, I don’t currently have a proper smart watch, what app are you using and was it easy to get the results on your watch ?
The watch is an old Galaxy watch 4. They’ve since brought out the 5, then 6 & now 7. I got mine new at a discount price due to being “outdated” back in May this year. So no need to sport out big bucks on the latest model. I downloaded the “G-watch wear” app on my Galaxy phone & using WiFi the same app on the watch from the Google play app Store? G-watch wear enables the watch to pick up the BGs & incorporate into the “complications” on the watch face. These are the bits that give information on the watch face, other than the time? There a plenty of YouTube tutorials I watched (no pun intended.) on using jugluco & other independently developed apps on the phone to hyjack the BT signal from the Libre & relay to the watch along with some great widgets on the phone. The G-watch phone app has a pretty good Home Screen widget on the phone too. I’d post the video tutorial up. However it would infringe advertising forum rules as the guy also seems to be selling reconditioned watches. I think @Bruce Stephens has a watch set up. & @mashedupmatt could serve some relevance too? Just to stay on topic. Now 6.6. I’d say it was easy once I researched what I was looking for? & pretty pleased with the result.

@Satan’s little helper, seeing that image reminded me, that’s something I want to be able to do, I don’t currently have a proper smart watch, what app are you using and was it easy to get the results on your watch ?
As @Satan’s little helper has said - you don't need to break the bank to get this - mine is a Galaxy Watch 4 too, which you can pick up on Amazon for less than £100 brand new (the battery life is woeful though so you have to charge it once a day) - I also use the G watch wear app which combines with Juggluco on my phone (which also has an always visible BG reading even when on lock screen - so I can see it all the time) - The place to find all the tips on doing this with video and step by step tutorials is the "Libre Geeks" Facebook page (worth joining!). As you can see I'm a bit high ATM so will need a correction before my dinner shortly at 8.1

1728413425725.jpeg

As @Satan’s little helper has said - you don't need to break the bank to get this - mine is a Galaxy Watch 4 too, which you can pick up on Amazon for less than £100 brand new (the battery life is woeful though so you have to charge it once a day) - I also use the G watch wear app which combines with Juggluco on my phone (which also has an always visible BG reading even when on lock screen - so I can see it all the time) - The place to find all the tips on doing this with video and step by step tutorials is the "Libre Geeks" Facebook page (worth joining!). As you can see I'm a bit high ATM so will need a correction before my dinner shortly at 8.1

View attachment 31885
Thanks for the tips @mashedupmatt & @Satan’s little helper, I was speaking to one of my customers yesterday about getting a smart watch, because I can feel like a fish out of water (until I better understand technology)
the guy I was speaking to was recommending a Basic solar powered Garmin at under £200
Ive seen the Samsungs at a good price on both Ebay & Amazon, and whilst the price is attractive, I don’t really want to be charging it up every day.

View attachment 31885
I agree on the battery. Got mine on basic mode leaving off “always on display?” Just flick the wrist stripped back the other “health stuff.” Even then. I top up when convenient. Goes into power saving mode at 15%? I’d say a battery life for me at 36 hours. But it does save the reasonable battery life on my phone sparking up the pixels.

I think @Bruce Stephens has a watch set up.
I use Juggluco on both my phone and the watch. Juggluco on the watch doesn't offer complications so to use it you normally use its watch face (which supports complications, so you can mix in things like your step count, the date, etc.). It also supports the app itself which (at least theoretically) lets you look at the graph. I say theoretically because on my watch it's a bit small to be useful. The watch face shows the arrow and BG (the arrow has more gradations than on LibreLink so you get a bit more information).

Because the arrow and BG is the main thing displayed if you didn't want other people to see it that wouldn't be great. (Maybe G-Watch could offer some more subtle display.) But I don't care, and nobody's seemed interested, possibly because lots of people wear similar watches with step counts and things displayed, so who cares?

Thanks for the tips @mashedupmatt & @Satan’s little helper, I was speaking to one of my customers yesterday about getting a smart watch, because I can feel like a fish out of water (until I better understand technology)
the guy I was speaking to was recommending a Basic solar powered Garmin at under £200
Ive seen the Samsungs at a good price on both Ebay & Amazon, and whilst the price is attractive, I don’t really want to be charging it up every day.

Appreciated on the charging. The “out of the boxes the geek shall inherit the earth” reviews I’ve seen on the later models are not much better. (If at all?)
Darn. Watch says 7.0. I can smell the cocking.

BG 4.9 for me tonight before tucking into my yummy Stir-fry with Zero Carb noodles... balance is everything... served with 2 mini spring rolls aka the devil that is "Pastry" will have dessert... Blueberries and Banoffee Pie Protein Yoghurt in a little while! ☺

I use Juggluco on both my phone and the watch. Juggluco on the watch doesn't offer complications so to use it you normally use its watch face (which supports complications, so you can mix in things like your step count, the date, etc.). It also supports the app itself which (at least theoretically) lets you look at the graph. I say theoretically because on my watch it's a bit small to be useful. The watch face shows the arrow and BG (the arrow has more gradations than on LibreLink so you get a bit more information).

Because the arrow and BG is the main thing displayed if you didn't want other people to see it that wouldn't be great. (Maybe G-Watch could offer some more subtle display.) But I don't care, and nobody's seemed interested, possibly because lots of people wear similar watches with step counts and things displayed, so who cares? I respect your set up works for you. We have to navigate this stuff.
Not all watch faces allow for BGs in the complications. I try to avoid sweeping analogue hands. lol at certain times of the day they cover the readout. Oh, back to 6.8. Always appreciate your kind balance of view. Some watchface designs have a bigger complication readout, than others? I tend to see the graph better on my phone & make decisions from that. Providing I’m correct from earlier calibrations. Still check against the meter?

Some watchface designs have a bigger complication readout, than others?
I suspect so. Because Juggluco doesn't offer any complications itself (so you're stuck with its watch face) I haven't really investigated. If I were familiar with building Android (and Android Wear) software I could imagine trying to add complications but it's not something I've ever done. Maybe one day. (Or I could just use G-Watch, which would probably be more sensible.)

One annoying thing is how awkward Google has made side loading onto the watch, but it's not too bad. There's a video showing exactly how to do it.

I'd definitely recommend Juggluco on phone though - the graphs are far more detailed, and the alwatys-on display means you don't have to open an app to see your BG at a glance (with a trend arrow too) - but agreed @Bruce Stephens having to side load it is annoying (you can't just download and install it from Playstore) - plemty of tutorials on Libre Geeks facebook page

Back