Before Tea/Evening Meal

5.0 tonight after a very chilled out afternoon.

And it's a 6.8 for me this fine sunny evening...

5.4 today for me.

4.8 this evening, avoided the temptation of the shortbread tin that I saw in work by the admin staff

4.8 this evening, avoided the temptation of the shortbread tin that I saw in work by the admin staff
Even though I could bolus for it. I tend to un-complicate treats at work. Leaving more for someone else. Though I appreciate the the sentiment by say saying “thank you for you inclusivity.” Lol, they probably still think I’m a freak. 🙂

Annoyingly it was running ~7 then after I did my physio exercises it shot up to 10.1. I had a bout of Phantom Pain, and wonder if it was kicked off by the exercise, earlier stress, dealing with monkeys or any combination thereof? (puzzling emoji - that's seven possibilities Mr Bond!) :rofl:

And it's a happy 5.4 for me on another grey day, but I did manage to get a load of gardening done.

4.5 for me today.

4.6, maybe partly due to getting distracted when I went up to get changed after getting home from work 1 & 3/4 hours ago... so decided to go for a quicker tea than the one I was planning (a slice of toast with houmous and shredded ham hock to start then will see if I'm still hungry)

I had a 9, despite having eaten very well, loads of veg and low carb, and an hours brisk walk (in the heat, not sure if thats a positive or not) I had an omlete for tea with veg afterwards so wonder what my level will be like in a couple of hours.

I also dont take any medication or insulin so just relying on diet to see if it makes a difference, if not I will be prescribed metformin in December.

Great idea for a thread, its like the other half of the waking thread 🙂
Hi,ive just been diagnosed with T2. I was a 9 from my blood test,but was put on 2 types of medication immediately,metformin and gliclazide, I wasnt given option of diet control,is this normal?I have a review in a weeks time.

Hi,ive just been diagnosed with T2. I was a 9 from my blood test,but was put on 2 types of medication immediately,metformin and gliclazide, I wasnt given option of diet control,is this normal?I have a review in a weeks time.

Was the blood test for BG (blood glucose) or HA1c? Although I am Type 1 I know a lot of Type 2s and have been involved with support groups. If it is your BG I think you should have the option of low carb'ing before medication but if it is HbA1c I agree you need medication (at least initially) as it is dangerously high.

Evening all, after a 4.9 this morning it's a 4.8 pre-dinner this fine sunny evening - and I had two
slices of toast with jam on for lunch.

Back