Before Tea/Evening Meal

For me in that situation I would have just 1 jelly baby (5g carbs) to treat the hypo and bring my levels up above 4 and then my meal. I
Thank you for that, one pack of JB’s on the shopping list for today.
I have my first appointment with the dietitian on the 3rd October, no doubt I will be talking with her about this if she doesn’t mention it first.
Oh, I did enjoy the chocolate biscuits….

Oh, I did enjoy the chocolate biscuits….
I bet you did! Who wouldn't 🙄, but it's probably not really conducive to good Type 2 diabetes management eating multiple biscuits.
Part of the problem with hypos is that they make you feel "hangry" and you sometimes just want to eat everything in sight, so portioning out your hypo treatments into small bags in advance can help you to be more disciplined in managing them and keep better track of what you are eating. When I used a whole bag of JBs I would be in such a panic treating the hypo I would lose track of how many I had eaten, whereas if I have a little bag with just 2 or 3 in it, I can't accidentally over treat it.

I bet you did! Who wouldn't 🙄, but it's probably not really conducive to good Type 2 diabetes management eating multiple biscuits.
Part of the problem with hypos is that they make you feel "hangry" and you sometimes just want to eat everything in sight, so portioning out your hypo treatments into small bags in advance can help you to be more disciplined in managing them and keep better track of what you are eating. When I used a whole bag of JBs I would be in such a panic treating the hypo I would lose track of how many I had eaten, whereas if I have a little bag with just 2 or 3 in it, I can't accidentally over treat it.

Does "hungry" + "angry" = "hangry"? 🙂

5.6 for me this evening, hope everyone's had a good day

Well it was 9.2 which wasn't jsbing a correction deste know having gone form 5 to 6 units of livemer in the morning and 4 to 5.5 in the evening. My blood sugar has seen diaffacit the past few days I think due to my various hearh problems so I'm back to following six say rules and correcting before the 4 hours are up and will try and get hold of my diabetes team tomorrow.

The good news is I'm getting more bloods done in the morning of things that havent been checked someone sujusted I get thyroid checked as apparently that can affect all sorts of things

Thank you once again Barbara, more sound advice from someone who obviously has a lot more knowledge than me on the subject......I've got my JB's and surprisingly I've managed not to open the bag yet, :( here's hoping I can resist it until I need them. 😉

And it was a 6.1 for me this evening, three sausages and a small portion of mash went down a treat followed by a small bowl of berries and a tiny drop of cream, do I know how to treat myself or wot! :D

5.7 tonight. 7.2 after tea, I had homemade cabbage & sausage casserole plus homemade cauliflower cheese. Still felt a bit hungry and carbs from main meal were fairly low so had a pack of Tesco's Pombar equivalent

6 this evening which is higher than 2 hrs post lunch, only thing I've had different is a couple of fruit teas, could it be those that have caused the rise ??

6 this evening which is higher than 2 hrs post lunch, only thing I've had different is a couple of fruit teas, could it be those that have caused the rise ??
I very much doubt it. What did you have for lunch. Could it have been something slow release. Have you had a vaccine recently or didn't you say you felt like you were coming down with something this morning? Those would be more likely to be responsible for higher levels.

I very much doubt it. What did you have for lunch. Could it have been something slow release. Have you had a vaccine recently or didn't you say you felt like you were coming down with something this morning? Those would be more likely to be responsible for higher levels.
I had chicken cauliflower and some haloumi 'chips' dry fried which I've had a few times and haven't caused a rise, I've checked back in my food diary. I do feel like I'm starting with a cold or something hence the additional hot drinks. Only concerned because I have my bloods done on Thursday and after all these weeks of being careful don't want anything going awry now. Which even as I type it sounds illogical now, mysugr app is saying estimated HBa1c is 33.3, I know its only an estimate and is likely to be higher, but am hoping for at least pre-diabetic levels.

6 is still well within range so I wouldn't worry too much but if it is an illness, there is nothing you can do and for a matter of a week, it won't make a significant difference to your HbA1c

6 is still well within range so I wouldn't worry too much but if it is an illness, there is nothing you can do and for a matter of a week, it won't make a significant difference to your HbA1c
Thank you @rebrascora, I am just being over dramatic and silly as I said I'm being illogical. Haven't worried this much about a test for years am usually quite level headed - well I like to think I am 😉 Thank you for replying kindly and patiently

Thank you @rebrascora, I am just being over dramatic and silly as I said I'm being illogical. Haven't worried this much about a test for years am usually quite level headed - well I like to think I am 😉 Thank you for replying kindly and patiently
It is totally understandable to be anxious.... not over dramatic at all. I am sure we all experience an element of anxiety as our blood test day approaches, and we want to get the best result possible because we have months of time and effort and self-restraint invested in the result. If we didn't care about the result, we probably wouldn't try to manage our diabetes as well as we do. If it puts it into perspective, I have been battling 10-13s this afternoon and I have insulin to do so, so I would very happily swap you your 6 😉 :D .... I have stacked a total of 12 units of insulin in 5 injections trying to regain control .... and I thought I had made a reasonably good choice with an all day breakfast for lunch! Thankfully my next blood test is about 6 months away, so I have time for this to clear my blood stream before then. The past 2 days my levels have been shocking though, so I guess it is time to increase my basal again. It is that time of year. I even wore a coat last night for the first time since spring.

It is totally understandable to be anxious.... not over dramatic at all. I am sure we all experience an element of anxiety as our blood test day approaches, and we want to get the best result possible because we have months of time and effort and self-restraint invested in the result. If we didn't care about the result, we probably wouldn't try to manage our diabetes as well as we do. If it puts it into perspective, I have been battling 10-13s this afternoon and I have insulin to do so, so I would very happily swap you your 6 😉 :D .... I have stacked a total of 12 units of insulin in 5 injections trying to regain control .... and I thought I had made a reasonably good choice with an all day breakfast for lunch! Thankfully my next blood test is about 6 months away, so I have time for this to clear my blood stream before then. The past 2 days my levels have been shocking though, so I guess it is time to increase my basal again. It is that time of year. I even wore a coat last night for the first time since spring.
Thank you, in a way its pride, GP wanted me to start on meds at diagnosis but I insisted I could get it down by diet and exercise so I've a point to prove 🙂
I have the utmost respect for all of you that are insulin dependent, I have learnt so much since May and through this forum, before then I was totally unaware of the struggles you all have to ensure you keep yourself safe. You can have my 6 after bloods being taken Thursday 😉🙂
Yes I had to put a coat on today to walk the dogs, though I soon warmed up!

Love it that part of your anxiety is pressure to prove the Dr wrong. I can understand why that would add a bit of extra needle to the situation. Really wish you lots of luck with that. Also love that I can have your 6 when you are finished with it! Bet you wouldn't be making such an offer if it was a 5.2 though 😉

By the way, I am not posting a reading, as I am not having an evening meal tonight. I had far too much at lunchtime apparently and still battling it.

By the way, I am not posting a reading, as I am not having an evening meal tonight. I had far too much at lunchtime apparently and still battling it.
I'm sure you'll win the battle!!! 🙂

Back