• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Before Tea/Evening Meal

Spot on 7.0 for me . Was around 5.0 most of afternoon - am I suffering Evening Phenomenon?

Make it dark chocolate (70% or higher) as contains far more antioxidants, and probably reduces BP and raises HDL (good cholesterol).
Actually I had a couple of mini chocolate eggs. My blood sugar is running so low, I can have the odd unhealthy treat.

Make it dark chocolate (70% or higher) as contains far more antioxidants, and probably reduces BP and raises HDL (good cholesterol).
I didn't know that, thanks Mikey...

And tonight it was a 5.6 for me pre-dinner on this lovely sunny evening.

Mu sugars have been playing up past 2 days, this morning on waking 9.2 then 2hrs after breakfast 13.5 before te 12.4 then just before bed 15.2. I've hardly eaten today and when I have its small amounts , been drinking water. My toes feel tingly lately. I'm going to monitor and go docs if ot don't improve . Yesterday they got to 19.0 ! Highest I've ever seen them. I took some insulin but didn't make difference. I'm only on insulin as I'm trying to get pregnant. Sorry for long post. Just frustrated and fed up. Emma

Mu sugars have been playing up past 2 days, this morning on waking 9.2 then 2hrs after breakfast 13.5 before te 12.4 then just before bed 15.2. I've hardly eaten today and when I have its small amounts , been drinking water. My toes feel tingly lately. I'm going to monitor and go docs if ot don't improve . Yesterday they got to 19.0 ! Highest I've ever seen them. I took some insulin but didn't make difference. I'm only on insulin as I'm trying to get pregnant. Sorry for long post. Just frustrated and fed up. Emma
I'm type 2 x

Have you been doing anything different, do you feel as if you have an infection as that can push up blood glucose. Could there be a problem with your insulin i.e. has it gone off for some reason.

Have you been doing anything different, do you feel as if you have an infection as that can push up blood glucose. Could there be a problem with your insulin i.e. has it gone off for some reason.
I've been poorly past few weeks badly pulled my shoulder also had a cyst under my arm which has cleared up now . But my arms still weak. Other than that I'm ok, not really been doing anything different finding my appetite is hardly there atm. I'm feeling a bit stressed with one thing and another that's going on. My BP is fine too. I've been storing it in fridge it's slow releasing and just taken new one out. I've took 2 lots of 12u one this morning and 2 before tea. I'm going to have to keep monitoring . Thank you for your reply x

Good evening all, a rather late post from me I almost forgot. Anyway, it was a 5.2 for me
pre-dinner this fine evening, first one of those I've had for a while!

Night night zzzzzz

I've been poorly past few weeks badly pulled my shoulder also had a cyst under my arm which has cleared up now . But my arms still weak. Other than that I'm ok, not really been doing anything different finding my appetite is hardly there atm. I'm feeling a bit stressed with one thing and another that's going on. My BP is fine too. I've been storing it in fridge it's slow releasing and just taken new one out. I've took 2 lots of 12u one this morning and 2 before tea. I'm going to have to keep monitoring . Thank you for your reply x
The infection and the stress and pain from your shoulder could be enough to increase your blood glucose and make it harder to manage.
I have problems with my shoulders, arthritis and rotator cuff damage, I have found strapping with kinesiology tape helpful and alternating heat and ice packs.

The infection and the stress and pain from your shoulder could be enough to increase your blood glucose and make it harder to manage.
I have problems with my shoulders, arthritis and rotator cuff damage, I have found strapping with kinesiology tape helpful and alternating heat and ice packs.
I will try that thank you, hopefully will wake up to it lowered , I think the stress and injury has definitely added to it. Onwards and upwards ill keep close eye on numbers thank you for your reply :)

And a 7.1 for me this fine sunny evening....

A Heinz (5.7) today after a tricky day with two bad hypos. Like @Barrowman a bright and sunny evening. However the day has varied between bright and sunny to very dull and grey.

Four days camping in Norfolk with old school friends.
A veritable carb-fest.
Scones, chips, naan breads.
Pizza with chickpea flour.
Some normal pizza.
Loads of beer. Some oats from Costa.
Levels have been all over the place, briefly up, then down again.

Four days camping in Norfolk with old school friends.
A veritable carb-fest.
Scones, chips, naan breads.
Pizza with chickpea flour.
Some normal pizza.
Loads of beer. Some oats from Costa.
Levels have been all over the place, briefly up, then down again.

Good result considering. I find with pizza the grease significantly slows the carb absorption!

Good evening all, and tonight's result from the panel of finger-prickers is a ------ 6.7 -----
Now where's my dinner?

After a useful appointment at Limb Fitting Services another Heinz (5.7). Again a rocky road climbing the peaks to 12.2 and descending to 3.1 in the valley of hypos!

Back