another test strip question (does everyone have a limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humalog and Levemir.

Practice and perseverance pays off.
Ah novorapid and livermier i think if I tell my team about being high in mornings(which I will do if it pr)esists there going surestch changing back to tresriba which would cause problems with my job)

Ah novorapid and livermier i think if I tell my team about being high in mornings(which I will do if it pr)esists there going surestch changing back to tresriba which would cause problems with my job)
In which case you say NO, it isn't flexible so not suitable for my job.

It probably doesn't help that I have some other conditions that when then flair up can cause simpler symptoms of a hypo. Like yesterday I was almost sure I was having on because I got sundellu hot and dizey. e and I checked I wass 11.3(which I'm still bit confused about)

At my last DSN appointment they said they wouldn't expect anymore then 8 a day.

Well I just found this on the nice guidelines

Enable additional blood glucose testing (more than 10 times a day) for adults with type 1 diabetes if this is necessary because of:

• the person's lifestyle (for example, they drive for long periods of time, they undertake high‑risk activities or have a high‑risk occupation, or they are travelling) or
  • impaired hypoglycaemia awareness. [2015]
I may need to take this along to my next appoiment.

Have you looked on your CCG website to see if they have information about what strips they fund?
I could only find a document from 2019

rayray doesn't think it is the latest one as the test strips she is using at the moment isn't listed on it xx

rayray doesn't think it is the latest one as the test strips she is using at the moment isn't listed on it xx
Thank you

Athough its hard to getting on fount of a go when a receptionest won't let me. I am changing doctors though in the hope there be better.

Apologies @rayray119 - my brain thought the document was about how many times a day to test, in which case meter and strip types wouldn't have been mentioned. Doh ! - we'd moved on from there ....

I think i need to find the niece document again so I can bring with me on tuesday. As a phone call today it was mettinod and still want to test too hours after meals whoen in ust to get an idea of patent(this isn't arong is it) youd think they wantttt me test more now.

Well after a discussion with my apoiment today at my hostlal Im getting prescribed cheaper test strips. Hopefully when io do start using them I can still use them relent easily while out and about

well looks like the change of test strips and the doctors haven't actually helped the matter so going to need to push more(I don't like chnaglling people but I do belive that I fall under the last guideline for 2 reasons its people in the hospital as well). at the moment I'm ordering as soon as a can to delay a situation where I have explain myself but that's going to stop working epasilly as I've been ill this week so needed to keep an eye on things) and i need to feel comment that i can do background tests when needed without worrying about the use of test strips(or comperiseing on other tests the whole testing after two hours thing on normal non working days is so i can get a rough idea of partens.)

Another issue is testing in the cold even when I’ve tried to warm the machine so a strips can be used up that way(which I don’t like but I can’t help it) it was aboustty freezing where I was working last night)

Does your meter give you a temperature warning when you inset the strip?

I used an Accucheck Active for about 15 years, it didn't like the cold very much, but I don't think any meters do.
Between 5 and 8 degrees the meter would display a small thermometer as a warning, below 5 degrees it would show an error message. So office or canteen, with a bit of time for the meter to warm back up.

If you are outside you can keep your meter in an inside pocket where it might stay warm enough through body heat. If you test in a sheltered location (even if you have to test inside your unzipped jacket) you might have more luck.
yes i'm now puting it in a inside pocket, when out in the cold(which is a lot sometimes)

yes i'm now puting it in a inside pocket, when out in the cold(which is a lot sometimes)
"and no it doesn't give me a tempurte warning first time it happened I was blaming it on a flattly box(thinking "I've been ripped off(this was a bi payed for" until i got home and they were working fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back