another test strip question (does everyone have a limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Proud to be erratic said:
You have ducked my simple question @rayray119.

How many test strips would you need in a full busy week with early starts?

With that answer you have a 'worst case' weekly requirement.
----------------------
Ducked again.

Thanks @rebrascora. I roughly got there, but was more concerned that none of it seemed to connect with the pharmacist meeting. Hopefully my very recent post adds more value to that aspect.

I agree that an unlimited supply of test strips is unlikely. But an agreed commitment to a 4-weekly quantity, with a decent buffer as reserve; along with recognition by the Surgery that testing frequency is truly difficult to pin down in the real world. 4-weekly for me, since my Surgery work in 13 x 4-week periods and that's probably best to assume for rayray119, rather than hassle over dealing across 12 unequal months!

For needles 250 is probably fine, providing rayray has a full box of 100 in reserve.
Sorry I'll try not to jump around so much(I think thuits wired because the reason I changed to this surgery is my friend and could order when she wanted them. Because they was no due date.

@Proud to be erratic said:
You have ducked my simple question @rayray119.

How many test strips would you need in a full busy week with early starts?

With that answer you have a 'worst case' weekly requirement.
----------------------
Ducked again.
I'm hosntlly not dunking it it I just can't explain probably why its not actually simple.

But I will try and think I to things

Ducked again.
I probably can't explain to you because things are so difficult to explain on the Internet, and other issues (that I can't talk about), and last week my glucose level was a bit too high, (see below - the high reading cannot go higher than 22 mmol, it just shows a flat line) but I am keeping an eye on it, though sometimes I feel under the pressure, sometimes too much.

Screenshot_20220411-014422_xDrip+.jpg

Last edited:
I am getting used to typing on my new phone. My old old phone has died.

I have repaired my old post.

Ducked again.
I probably can't explain to you because things are so difficult to explain on the Internet, and other issues (that I can't talk about), and last week my glucose level was a bit too high, (see below - the high reading cannot go higher than 22 mmol, it just shows a flat line) but I am keeping an eye on it, though sometimes I feel under the pressure, sometimes too much.

View attachment 20607
Are you just trying to show me confusing my posts seem to be sometimes(acdental impllying the wrong thing etc)

Okay so it was a serious post then?

Okay so it was a serious post then?
Yes I think so. You can give an estimate of how many strips you would use on a busy day, no matter how complicated your job is. It’s an estimate, doesn’t need to be 100% accurate every single day.

Yes I think so. You can give an estimate of how many strips you would use on a busy day, no matter how complicated your job is. It’s an estimate, doesn’t need to be 100% accurate every single day.
Sorry I can't explain it why its not that simple I honestly not looking for peoples snd I do appreciate the advise. There's more to it that it seems sometimes what seems simple. I would love to give a simple awser to it to help people out(sometimes what may seem simple isn't). I think if stoped the cannot reorder until date which I have I know people (as I mentioned my friend didsny have one). They would start to understand the varrition). I know the question might seem like it has a simple awser but it really doesn'(not trying to cause problems). I was was actually asking nemgy g rather weather bengry g how serious it was.

If you look back through your My Sugr app you should be able to find records for days when you worked shifts and count the number of tests you did on those days. Look at a few days and then take an average. Use your my Sugr app as evidence to show the pharmacist that you do that many tests..... plus maybe one or two test strips that were spoiled due to the cold, but hopefully keeping your meter in a warm pocket will prevent that and the warmer weather coming up for the next 6 months, and perhaps a new meter, so all those things should help that situation.

If you can't explain it to us who understand these things then you are going to struggle to explain it to the pharmacist.

If you can't explain it to us who understand these things then you are going to struggle to explain it to the pharmacist.
I try and explain one more time I cant predict my job some shifts I might be able to s bit of however of but not many. There's always going he types of shifts i haven't done before as going to diffent place for example Saterday I'm due to work in area I haven't done before haven't done. It honestly doesn't have a simple awser to it and it really doesn't sort all I need is the cannot reorder this I until date removed which some people at the same surgery have(although I'm probably change surgery due to know diretoc related issues). I'm trying to explain how my life style really doesn't sort a set number being put on it.

I try and explain one more time I cant predict my job some shifts I might be able to s bit of however of but not many. There's always going he types of shifts i haven't done before as going to diffent place for example Saterday I'm due to work in area I haven't done before haven't done. It honestly doesn't have a simple awser to it and it really doesn't sort all I need is the cannot reorder this I until date removed which some people at the same surgery have(although I'm probably change surgery due to know diretoc related issues). I'm trying to explain how my life style really doesn't sort a set number being put on it.
An estimate is not a set number.

On my meter, which is a very basic one, the averages which I have set for 7, 14 and 28 days also show the number of tests to achieve that average. Does your meter do this? The figure for the longest period average would give you a reasonable starting point.

I try and explain one more time I cant predict my job some shifts I might be able to s bit of however of but not many. There's always going he types of shifts i haven't done before as going to diffent place for example Sate
Don't take this to seriously(because I'm definitely not sujesting it and would be impossible to do) but I honestly believe if people did my job they would be degree on why it doesn't have a simple awser to it 🙂. I can say I do at least 7 on a non working day obviously that can be more if I want to make sure corrections I have come down.

@rayray119 no offence but there are hard labourers, construction workers carrying heavy stuff all day long, athletes, rugby players doing hard training etc, you seem to put it across like you think your the only person trying to juggle an active job with diabetes which isn't the case

@rayray119 no offence but there are hard labourers, construction workers carrying heavy stuff all day long, athletes, rugby players doing hard training etc, you seem to put it across like you think your the only person trying to juggle an active job with diabetes which isn't the case
I'm not doing that.

I'm guess what I'm trying to say is the worst and base case scenario isn't predictable either(even if it seems like they must be)

OK... How about looking at it this way..... What is the most tests you have ever done in a day? That is your worst case scenario..... Yes it could get a little more in the future but as your experience and confidence with diabetes improves it should in theory get less.
As an example, mine is about 16 when I had 2 weeks of very intensive testing prior to starting Libre, because I was sick of waiting for it to be prescribed and I wanted more data and knowledge. Those tests were not all necessary though as it was my choice to do that intensive testing to see what was going on..... but the point is that that is a worst case scenario. I can't imagine finger pricking more frequently than that but you may need to for your confidence if not your diabetes. If you don't know, have a look back through your records and look for the days with lots of dots on your graph and count them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back