another test strip question (does everyone have a limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not meaning the Freestyle ones I, I am talking about Dario or One Touch.
oh guess one torch isn;t an option then. or dario I know in the USA dario has a price for unlimited test strips but not here

oh guess one torch isn;t an option then. or dario I know in the USA dario has a price for unlimited test strips but not here
I used to buy Dario direct at a discount but still not cheap. Also had to have a compatible phone to plug meter into.

I used to buy Dario direct at a discount but still not cheap. Also had to have a compatible phone to plug meter into.
yeah i heard in the usa from a diabettic youtube you can pay a set amount a month for unlimited test strips

On my repeat prescription list, I can order 200 strips every 28 days if I need to - and I used to need them when driving anywhere at the drop of a hat etc. Now I don't need as many as life ain't that hectic usually - so I just order some when I'm about halfway down the last but one box. Ish !

On my repeat prescription list, I can order 200 strips every 28 days if I need to - and I used to need them when driving anywhere at the drop of a hat etc. Now I don't need as many as life ain't that hectic usually - so I just order some when I'm about halfway down the last but one box. Ish !
ah so that's still a limit then

How many times do you want to check each day?
that's the thing is always because of my job thiers, not a set number. tomorrow I'm working an almost 9-hour shift they have been even longer. once I start travelling once that's going to be long shifts plus travel so in a sense I'm going to be up for longer that's why having a limit whatever the number doesn't sort my lifesytle

that's the thing is always because of my job thiers, not a set number. tomorrow I'm working an almost 9-hour shift they have been even longer. once I start travelling once that's going to be long shifts plus travel so in a sense I'm going to be up for longer that's why having a limit whatever the number doesn't sort my lifesytle
just to caiffry as well my work means being on my feet pretty much all shift and I'm not always going to catch myself dropping without keeping a close eye on things because it has similar effects of excise

I get 150 at a time and can only order every 28 days. Now that I have Libre I don't need anywhere near that so only order them every 4 months(ish) but before that I was buying more myself to supplement for the amount of testing I wanted to do.

I get 150 at a time and can only order every 28 days. Now that I have Libre I don't need anywhere near that so only order them every 4 months(ish) but before that I was buying more myself to supplement for the amount of testing I wanted to do.
which i do sometimes but that's doesn't help my back count at the moment I'm ordering them when they're due anyway however manny I got left to try an avoid situation like that but some point that's not going to work. and someone on a group I was on said there not actually allowed to limit type 1s I'm looking into getting cheaper strips to see if that helps the situation.

I used to get 400 every 2 months (so 200 a month but I'm on serial prescription that is automatically dispensed every 8 weeks) but after my issues with the Libre and my bloods dropping on waking and even a working Libre not able to keep up with that I now get 500 every 2 months

I used to get 400 every 2 months (so 200 a month but I'm on serial prescription that is automatically dispensed every 8 weeks) but after my issues with the Libre and my bloods dropping on waking and even a working Libre not able to keep up with that I now get 500 every 2 months
but you still have a limit

and that's the thing I don't think a working libre would neserlly keep up with a drop at work(but some people just don't seem to understand that as in healthcare professionals and doctors) the receptionist at my doctors a few weeks back was very rude to me the about it wouldn't even let explain)

Last edited:
I get 300 per repeat, and notionally there’s a ‘next order’ date on my repeats, but in reality I’m another who just reorders whenever I need to.

How many strips would you estimate you need per day? And how many do you get supplied on prescription.

NICE guidelines and Diabetes UK say that T1s should have as many strips as they need to successfully and safely manage their prescription. If your surgery are getting a bit twitchy about the amount you are using, you may just need to go and explain the nature of your work, and how you are using the BG checks to guard against hypos from a physical and demanding job?

Receptionists can be a bit fierce some times. Better to get in front of a GP. 😉

Are you also seen at the hospital? Can you get your DSN to write to your GP surgery on your behalf?

Other folk it keeps up with as a lot tend to drift slowly, me on the other hand can drop 5-6mmol in 30 minutes after setting foot on the floor, if your dropping it may be worth looking at adjusting both your insulins to suit the work

I get 300 per repeat, and notionally there’s a ‘next order’ date on my repeats, but in reality I’m another who just reorders whenever I need to.

How many strips would you estimate you need per day? And how many do you get supplied on prescription.

NICE guidelines and Diabetes UK say that T1s should have as many strips as they need to successfully and safely manage their prescription. If your surgery are getting a bit twitchy about the amount you are using, you may just need to go and explain the nature of your work, and how you are using the BG checks to guard against hypos from a physical and demanding job?

Receptionists can be a bit fierce some times. Better to get in front of a GP. 😉

Are you also seen at the hospital? Can you get your DSN to write to your GP surgery on your behalf?
i tried explaining it doctors I probably can't even put enough. I even put in a request to change doctors. it probably doesn't help that I cant put a number on it because work is never the same I'm. i think the keystone strips there gave me were eight be bg strips say a maximum 10 per day which I know might sound a lot but long on shifts I could easily go over that as I feel like I need to keep an eye on them(which may sound a bit exclusive but I'm lernt I'm not the only one and do still feal like there's times I do need to.).(still need to get rid of those) but still only got 200 for bg hch i. the dsns seem to side with the doctors for this(after my doctor wrote to them) I'm going to try and explain to at my next appointment that about my job again. and a day I'm not working I would use at least 7(as I like to test two hours after eating as well to try and get an idea of partens which I didn't think there was anything wrong with that) i've actually put in a request amount to change doctors as well because my doctors were also funny amount other things as well. there was one point there exacting 100 needles to last me 2 months and would originally reject that request if I tired to order more(I was using at least 4 a day)

Other folk it keeps up with as a lot tend to drift slowly, me on the other hand can drop 5-6mmol in 30 minutes after setting foot on the floor, if your dropping it may be worth looking at adjusting both your insulins to suit the work
i do adjust my insulin probably with adjusting my Levemir (i will probably knock half a unit of next time I start in the morning) is that there now set times as I work when events on so one shift so if I work in the afternoon the next shift tomrow is 14.00 to 22.45 so being on injections slightly a changle with this kind of job

Can I ask does diabox keep up with drops? I guess if the libre it's self can't it wouldn't be able to.

xdrip keeps up with the 'drops' It shows all data from the Libre sensor. The Libre app hides data that it has flagged as suspicious, and you get a message to scan in 10 minutes.
An interesting sounds like it's something I need to try after my break but but my only worry is is it actually allowed as i dont tend to like breaking rules

xdrip keeps up with the 'drops' It shows all data from the Libre sensor. The Libre app hides data that it has flagged as suspicious, and you get a message to scan in 10 minutes.
I did try to set it up before though but couldnt

I have worked a physical job for the best part of 20 years, been an active member of a cycling club, and done lots of long distance running. There are many physically active members on this forum. If you you want to ask for advice or reassurance on dosing and testing we have a huge amount of shared experience and knowledge.
Are you on pens as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back