Wordle - Quordle Thread

When a computer says something is saved to the 'clipboard' this refers to the piece of memory the computer uses for copy/paste operations. Typically, to paste something from the 'clipboard' into a document, you type CTRL-V - meaning the key marked 'Ctrl' followed by the letter 'V'. On Apple, instead of CTRL use the key marked with the flag symbol. Also, most apps will have a paste option in the 'Edit' menu. Hope all that makes sense? I'm an engineer by profession so I sometimes am not the best at couching explanations as clearly as I would like.. :(

If you do the clipboard thing it becomes available for posting from eg the right click menu when you're composing a message here (anyway, in Chrome/Windows). The problem is that for some reason the paste doesn't work properly for the forum.
I don't have a clipboard option when I right click. :(
When a computer says something is saved to the 'clipboard' this refers to the piece of memory the computer uses for copy/paste operations. Typically, to paste something from the 'clipboard' into a document, you type CTRL-V - meaning the key marked 'Ctrl' followed by the letter 'V'. On Apple, instead of CTRL use the key marked with the flag symbol. Also, most apps will have a paste option in the 'Edit' menu. Hope all that makes sense? I'm an engineer by profession so I sometimes am not the best at couching explanations as clearly as I would like.. :(
Ah. I didn't realise it was the same as the copy and paste facility..... I know how to use that (not a total numpty 🙄) but then presumably I would have to edit out the letters.... Starting to seem like it probably just isn't worth the effort. It seemed like everyone was doing it with so much ease that I assumed it was.... well... easy! Now I realize you guys are all just really dedicated to the cause and clearly geeks!
Bad enough when I have to take a photo of my Hs's for the &day waking average thread, send them to myself via email, then save them to a file on my PC and then locate and retrieve them when I want to post them on a thread. Far too convoluted!

Oh Barbara! Are you still using a Nokia 3310? 😛
Don't be silly.... phones are for making phone calls and texts (the clue is in the name) even if I no longer have a Nokia because I dropped it in the muck heap one day.... still better than dropping it down the toilet as some people do 🙄
My PC is only a few years old and I think works on Windows 8 or maybe it is 10? I know I had to upgrade because 7 was no longer supported..... whatever that meanso_O Would I be right in thinking my browser is Microsoft Edge? I know what the Google Chrome symbol looks like and I don't have that option. Hope you guys now understand the sort of baseline pleb you are dealing with here 😳

I just did my first Sexecordle today. Scored 12/16 but no idea if that is good or bad? (puzzling emoji)

Had to switch from phone to laptop as I have reading glasses not magnifying ones and thee is so much going on with 16 Wordles together. Can't find a way to shore without giving away the answers! :(

I don't have a clipboard option when I right click. :(

Ah. I didn't realise it was the same as the copy and paste facility..... I know how to use that (not a total numpty 🙄) but then presumably I would have to edit out the letters.... Starting to seem like it probably just isn't worth the effort. It seemed like everyone was doing it with so much ease that I assumed it was.... well... easy! Now I realize you guys are all just really dedicated to the cause and clearly geeks!
Bad enough when I have to take a photo of my Hs's for the &day waking average thread, send them to myself via email, then save them to a file on my PC and then locate and retrieve them when I want to post them on a thread. Far too convoluted!

Don't be silly.... phones are for making phone calls and texts (the clue is in the name) even if I no longer have a Nokia because I dropped it in the muck heap one day.... still better than dropping it down the toilet as some people do 🙄
My PC is only a few years old and I think works on Windows 8 or maybe it is 10? I know I had to upgrade because 7 was no longer supported..... whatever that meanso_O Would I be right in thinking my browser is Microsoft Edge? I know what the Google Chrome symbol looks like and I don't have that option. Hope you guys now understand the sort of baseline pleb you are dealing with here 😳
Just to note that the Share feature on each game itself blanks out the letters. it’s intended purpose is to share the result with others, so it has to blank the letters in the answers to be useful.

Had a cline Sexecordle but now have the right one. The brain eating my BG has sent me hypo @3.1

And it used the same bl**dy Ameri a ism as Wordle the other day and it is not even a word!

Daily #248
1️⃣9️⃣⬛1️⃣8️⃣
0️⃣9️⃣⬛0️⃣8️⃣
1️⃣0️⃣⬛0️⃣3️⃣
0️⃣5️⃣⬛1️⃣1️⃣
1️⃣2️⃣⬛0️⃣7️⃣
1️⃣7️⃣⬛2️⃣1️⃣
1️⃣3️⃣⬛1️⃣4️⃣
1️⃣6️⃣⬛1️⃣5️⃣
sedecordle.com
#sedecordle

Ooh, had to do an experiment with the sharing and c+p. I use an ipad. I clicked 'share' and it came up with 'copied to clipboard' and then I pasted it onto a blank email, screenshotted it, and zoomed in to the relevant bit. Bit of a faff, I think you’ll have to take it on trust in future.
71AD674C-2810-4316-86CB-14D73121FA57.jpeg

Daily Octordle #268
6️⃣
7️⃣3️⃣
4️⃣5️⃣
9️⃣
Score: 55
octordle.com

Woohoo!! Thanks guys..... Just added it to clipboard and then pasted it straight in here. Not difficult at all when you know how. You guys are genii

Now....Anyone have any idea why I have 2 squares missing??

Screenshot_20221019_235022.jpg

Struggled today.

Attachments

• 3D3B76D7-AFE4-443B-9027-1A18FB416682.jpeg
    3D3B76D7-AFE4-443B-9027-1A18FB416682.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 2
Blah!

Wordle 488 5/6

Daily Octordle #269
Score: 72

Wordle in 3!
Wordle 488 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Quordle in 7,3,5,6.
Daily Quordle 269
7️⃣3️⃣
5️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
Ooh, I’ve cracked this c+p lark!
Oh no I haven’t, as I pressed 'save' on my post, all the coloured squares disappeared. Back to the drawing board!

Last edited:
I think it's because the forum doesn't support a full emoji range

OK, here goes with c+p of Octordle. (Well, that was such a faff I won’t be doing that again in a hurry,)
3028E69A-613B-4CBE-8935-AC775DE38D77.jpeg

1666258211181.jpeg

The top right corner almost had me stumped…

Screenshot_20221020_101147.jpg

Back