Wordle - Quordle Thread

Four today for Wordle.
I wish I could cut and paste it but it’s not having it at all!

Attachments

• 423387E1-9661-4B2D-A9E6-C491BA40CFCA.jpeg
    423387E1-9661-4B2D-A9E6-C491BA40CFCA.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
4 for both Wordle and Nerdle which is standard for me.

A very poor 5 for Wordle, 4,5,6 and 8 for Quordle and a whopping 72 score for Octordle last night before bed, but I did get Nerdle in 3 and found it a lot easier this morning than my first attempt yesterday (ie. much less time pondering) so I guess my brain is starting to figure out how to play it.

1666130337133.png

Much better this morning. Lesson learned - only attempt this AFTER I've had my morning coffee..
1666161568512.png

Octordle score 65. Cross with myself, because again, I missed a correct guess on the second to last go. Mental note. Don’t attempt til second cup of tea has been consumed.

Wordle in 6! Phew! Poor start, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! Still haven’t looked at all the others yet! Maybe on the 12th of Never or 31st February! 😉 My problem is I have absolutely no patience. That’s the Arian coming out in me.

Attachments

• 793C878E-9B80-4716-9E96-D536BEEEAAA5.jpeg
    793C878E-9B80-4716-9E96-D536BEEEAAA5.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 4
5 for Wordle but like Elaine, my starting word really did not help me.... or my second choice 🙄. The answer was one of my favourite words too!
Just got Quordle on the final option but with amazement I DID actually score 55 on Octordle as predicted by @MikeyBikey, although I have no idea how to post the proof like you guys do.

....I have no idea how to post the proof like you guys do.
It's a pain! For my latest I think I pasted into a dummy gmail message, then copied & pasted from that into a blank Word doc, then copy & pasted "special" as an image into the doc, then copy & pasted that into the forum message. Ridiculous but I was determined to make it work!

There's probably some nifty easy way of doing it.

These days I mainly use my macmini. On there I use the Share option in each game to copy the results to a Note. Then I open the Notes app and do a screen capture. From there I just grab the portion of the screen with the results and paste it in here. That’s just one method of course but it works for me…

5 for Wordle but like Elaine, my starting word really did not help me.... or my second choice 🙄. The answer was one of my favourite words too!
Just got Quordle on the final option but with amazement I DID actually score 55 on Octordle as predicted by @MikeyBikey, although I have no idea how to post the proof like you guys do.
I just take a screenshot and edit it. It won’t share or cut and paste, very frustrating.

Edited to say. I share to messenger ( we have a family Wordle group) then screen shot it from there.

I just take a screenshot and edit it. It won’t share or cut and paste, very frustrating.

Edited to say. I share to messenger ( we have a family Wordle group) then screen shot it from there.
Elaine, I don't even know how to take a screen shot let alone edit... 🙄

These days I mainly use my macmini. On there I use the Share option in each game to copy the results to a Note. Then I open the Notes app and do a screen capture. From there I just grab the portion of the screen with the results and paste it in here. That’s just one method of course but it works for me…
I have clicked the share button which apparently saves it to a "clipboard" but no idea where the said clipboard is or how I access it.
It's a pain! For my latest I think I pasted into a dummy gmail message, then copied & pasted from that into a blank Word doc, then copy & pasted "special" as an image into the doc, then copy & pasted that into the forum message. Ridiculous but I was determined to make it work!

There's probably some nifty easy way of doing it.
Wow! I am really impressed at your dedication and persistence. I assumed it must be something relatively easy since people seemed to be posting theirs with such regularity. It is clearly much harder to post the results than it is to do the puzzle. Think I will pass on providing evidence. My need to prove my brilliance 😎 isn't that strong although my inability to do so clearly illustrates my ignorance. 🙄You can't have it all!!

I have clicked the share button which apparently saves it to a "clipboard" but no idea where the said clipboard is or how I access it.
If you do the clipboard thing it becomes available for posting from eg the right click menu when you're composing a message here (anyway, in Chrome/Windows). The problem is that for some reason the paste doesn't work properly for the forum.

Last edited:
Back