Wordle - Quordle Thread

Well, better this morning, though I did finish with a pretty mediocre Quordle result of 70 with 1 life left. Still, I did finish, which is more than I can say for yesterday morning's debacle.
Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 08.00.02.png

Wordle took me 5 this morning.
Failed Quordle on the bottom left too, @rebrascora, was doing OK up til then,
Redeemed myself a bit with Octordle in 60 with one life left, but kicked myself for choosing the wrong word of two options for the last, it could have been so much better!

Started well with Wordle in 3. Got down the left on 4 in Quordle(6, 3, 9, 4) but took it to the wire on the right particularly the lower one. Octordle in 12 with score of 61.

] - +---++

Screenshot_20230104_230542.jpg

Screenshot_20230104_230450.jpg

Screenshot_20230104_230351.jpg

Challenging this morning. I was unlucky not to finish Quordle - 50/50 chance on the last word. Miserable Octordle score.
Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 07.35.48.png

Got better as I went this morning.
Wordle in 5.
Quordle in 4,8,7,5
Octordle in 58 with 2 lives left.
I had to deduce one word from what I'd got left, I think I’ve vaguely heard of it.

Not a good day for me. Wordle in 5 because brain not engaged so put gold letter in wrong place and pointlessly recycled bad letter. To the wire on Quordle with (5, 9, 7, 8) and the same with Octordle with 70 points! :(

Wordle in 4
Quordle down to the wire 9 7 5 8 with a very large total of 29!
Octordle with one life left but a reasonable score of 61.
Have to say I was not at all sure about one of the words in Octordle and I very much doubt my Collins English Gem will have it listed. If I hadn't had all the letters and 3 green I would not have got it.

Mediocre result this morning. I was a little unlucky to not finish Quordle.
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 08.19.26.png

Quite an average day! :( Probably because I have so many other things on my mind. Wordle in 5, Quordle in 8 (6, 5, 7, 8 - incrementing nicely anticlockwise) giving a score of 26 and Octordle in 8 with a score of 65. Today's task is to drop yesterday's odd word "swami" into a conversation! :rofl:

Screenshot_20230106_083328.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_083236.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_083158.jpg

Last edited:
Dismal day for me too today.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 6 7 8 4 with a poor total score of 25 and one life left.
Failed Octordle and wasn't even close to getting the last word.

Not having found the meaning of SWAMI yet (I was right my Collins English Gem did not include it) I would struggle with that task you have set yourself Mikey.... Google here I come!

Another mediocre result I'm afraid.
Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 07.55.15.png

Bit better today, after a slow start.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 3,6,7,5
Octordle in 62 with one life left, kicked myself, lost a line because I chose the wrong final letter for a word at one point. C'est la vie!

Dismal day for me too today.
Wordle in 5
Quordle in 6 7 8 4 with a poor total score of 25 and one life left.
Failed Octordle and wasn't even close to getting the last word.

Not having found the meaning of SWAMI yet (I was right my Collins English Gem did not include it) I would struggle with that task you have set yourself Mikey.... Google here I come!

Well apparently it is a male Hindu religious leader. I used to know two Hindus but have has no contact with either since 2016 /17. The thesaurus says an alternative is punit so when I spoke with my friend, who is a Tottenham fan, I dropped in that Gary Linekar was a swami. He thought I was swearing and agreed he was overpaid, not that good and a total waste of TV licence money! :rofl: I suppose you won't give me fill marks Barbara? 🙂

@MikeyBikey.... I will give you an 8/10 for a good attempt but had to dock you 2 points.... 1 for misspelling "pundit" and the other for your friend not understanding the context..... but then most of us would not have understood prior to Octordle three days ago 🙄 .

Wordle in 3 last night but then crashed and burned at Quordle and started Octordle but it wasn't going well, so I walked away from it and went to bed and I haven't gone back to it yet.

Just went back to Octordle and scraped through on my last life with a score of 69.

Pretty mediocre again this morning I'm afraid. Finished all three, though, so not a total fiasco.
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 07.51.40.png

Yesterday was one of my worst Wordle days ever. Whilst u started well with Wordle in 3 it then went downhill. In Quordle I made the mistake of typing DRIED instead of Drier when I knew there was no D at the end having just tried FRIED! Then with Octordle my last guess was SKULL when the answer was SKULK not a word that have heard used as far as I remember. So I failed on 73 after winning on 76 last week!

So today's sentence is " Mr Bond skulked around keeping tabs on the swami".

Yesterday was one of my worst Wordle days ever. Whilst u started well with Wordle in 3 it then went downhill. In Quordle I made the mistake of typing DRIED instead of Drier when I knew there was no D at the end having just tried FRIED! Then with Octordle my last guess was SKULL when the answer was SKULK not a word that have heard used as far as I remember. So I failed on 73 after winning on 76 last week!

So today's sentence is " Mr Bond skulked around keeping tabs on the swami".
A better day today.
Wordle in 4
Quordle in 3,7,4,5, with 2 lives left
Octordle in 60 with 2 lives left

Back