• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Where are you?

[...] I chose not to share too much identifying information on a public forum.
I confess my birthday is incorrect. On another forum, I have changed my gender.

Talking of birthday information, tomorrow is my “internet birthday”. Anyone who asks for a birthday when I don’t think they need it gets given my internet birthday. For the last few days, online shops have been offering me birthday discount codes. It’s like having a second birthday each year.
And using the same internet birthday for everyone, i don’t forget it if they ask for identification purposes.
Since I self-identify as a Former IT Geek, I chose 01/01/1980 as my 'official birthday', this being the start date of the MS-DOS FAT system for files held on disk...

I tend to use the earliest available date if 'drop downs' are available to pick from.
I regularly choose 01/01/1900 as my Date of Birth
Heck, I look good for my age :D

I’m just east of Newark in Lincolnshire, love watching the red arrows practicing their routine.

I’m on a spinning cooling magma & rock, 3rd planet away from what the locals call “the sun.” (Situation right now seems comfortable for the body I inhabit, In a region on this planet called the UK & the means to cater for a screwed pancreas. After around 9131.25 (approximation.) rotations of this planet. I stopped celebrating the the date of my birth. Don’t even advertise it to close friends on Facebook. (My dirty secret.) 4am in the morning also seems a little inconvenient & inappropriate to start drinking with friends. So the story goes, my father was never so happy to see a midwife walk up the garden path. He was boiling towels at the time. Was that a thing? I got no idea. I’m all for GDPR.

Back