• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Where are you?

Thanks for that @Matchless - What a lovely region to live in, I've just Googled it and had a quick look but I will have to come back to it later as I have to go out shortly.....Oh, and I had a Matchless 350cc around sixty years ago until a nice person wrecked it when it was parked on the road.

and I'm somewhere not very far from you! 'b e d' features, but in Warwickshire .....
I do like a quiz - I'll work on that......:cool:.......:D

and I'm somewhere not very far from you! 'b e d' features, but in Warwickshire .....

I guess it also features a 'duff' as well!

Last time I went there was probably over 20 years ago to see the singer from Dr Hook play at the civic centre. Or maybe it was Smokie? Not sure if they do bands there any more.

Thanks for that @Matchless - What a lovely region to live in, I've just Googled it and had a quick look but I will have to come back to it later as I have to go out shortly.....Oh, and I had a Matchless 350cc around sixty years ago until a nice person wrecked it when it was parked on the road.
Yes we do like where we live has the best allround weather of the year no extreme weathers as the south, apart of my Velocette Bsa and other bikes my matchless was G50 that i raced which i regret to this day selling to move house .

Last edited:
They sure do!

Ugh! Not sure I'll be going there any time soon, too many tribute acts, which isn't my thing. Surprised to see Showaddywaddy still going! I used to take their 7" singles to the school discos!

I'm in Deal, Kent - as far southeast as you can go without getting wet :)

I'm in Deal, Kent - as far southeast as you can go without getting wet :)
And right now I’m at the most easterly point at Lowestoft ………..

Derbyshire, and if anyone wants to hunt me down Liam Neeson style… bring wine
Snap. Not about the wine as haven't drunk since diagnosis and don't like it anyway but the snaps for county I'm in in.

I'm right on the south coast, Poole in Dorset. The harbour is visible from the back bedroom window with the Purbecks beyond. There are houses built behind us now, but for the first few decades of the house being here there would have been a wonderful view. Now it is just between the houses, and at one time there was a tree planted to block the view entirely.
My favorite place to holiday ☺️ going next year

Back