Where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrowman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone else like me? I often wonder when reading posts where the person is in the country - or even outside it for that matter, not their exact location, perhaps just their nearest large town. Just think it would be nice to have that information.
Just wondered if anyone else feels the same......Oh, and I have added my rough location on my posts, maybe others could do the same.

Is anyone else like me? I often wonder when reading posts where the person is in the country - or even outside it for that matter, not their exact location, perhaps just their nearest large town. Just think it would be nice to have that information.
Just wondered if anyone else feels the same......Oh, and I have added my rough location on my posts, maybe others could do the same.
Not really. I am nervous about too much identifying data being online. I have seen to many people get into bother when they were not careful enough about online security and when we are here all talking about very private health matters often I think the level of privacy as it is at the moment is just about right.

Like @NotWorriedAtAll I chose not to share too much identifying information on a public forum.
I confess my birthday is incorrect. On another forum, I have changed my gender.

Talking of birthday information, tomorrow is my “internet birthday”. Anyone who asks for a birthday when I don’t think they need it gets given my internet birthday. For the last few days, online shops have been offering me birthday discount codes. It’s like having a second birthday each year.
And using the same internet birthday for everyone, i don’t forget it if they ask for identification purposes.

I know what you're saying @NotWorriedAtAll and agree up to a point, I did say a rough location - it could just be your county if you didn't want to put your nearest town. I've put Bedford on mine but it could have just been Bedfordshire.
The idea was just a thought though.

I’m somewhere in Coventry.

Thanks, @harbottle and @jackymax. I remember reading a post 2/3 weeks ago when someone posted it was only 13 degrees and having to put their coat on to go outside. I wondered where they were as it was 34c with beautiful sunshine here.

West Sussex

I included that information on my profile page where it was an option to complete or leave blank, so you can see I am in County Durham if you click on my profile.

I'm right on the south coast, Poole in Dorset. The harbour is visible from the back bedroom window with the Purbecks beyond. There are houses built behind us now, but for the first few decades of the house being here there would have been a wonderful view. Now it is just between the houses, and at one time there was a tree planted to block the view entirely.

Derbyshire, and if anyone wants to hunt me down Liam Neeson style… bring wine
Nice one @EmmaL76 my son lives in Morley I’ll send him around with a couple of bottles…

Just been for a 3 mile walk @Barrowman, was very pleasant. Perfect walking weather.
Wish I could walk three miles @Ali11782 i managed a quarter of a mile yesterday and was exhausted, I now get most of my exercise on my exercise bike. Walking is what I miss most in life, hopefully using my bike will help to put some strength back in my legs.

Wish I could walk three miles @Ali11782 i managed a quarter of a mile yesterday and was exhausted, I now get most of my exercise on my exercise bike. Walking is what I miss most in life, hopefully using my bike will help to put some strength back in my legs.
Walking is my life too. Great though you are using exercise bike. If I had room for one I would def use it.
It is great you are even doing short walks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back