What did you eat yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday Sunday 01.04.2018

250mls warm boiled water with fresh lemon slices
B. I think I had a bacon omelette! Decaf tea.
L. Zilch
Evening meal
Apéritif small glass of Port🙂
Roast lamb, roast potatoes, baby potatoes with skin left on, roast parsnips, carrots & swede mash, stuffing balls, sausage meat balls, pigs in blankets, broccoli, mint sauce and gravy. Very delish meal cooked by my elder daughter's fair hands. Sounds a lot but my portion size was acceptable. Glass of white with meal. Mug tea after meal. No dessert.

BG pre meal @ 15.49hrs 6.1. E've.meal @ 18.30hrs.
Didn't test post meal as I was still at my daughter's but BG @ 02.34am was 6.6.

1ltr water throughout the day and late evening.
250mls warm boiled water with fresh lemon slices.

Last edited:
I've been a naughty little boy these last few days. Had a whopping big piece of cod from the chippy on Friday, but was fairly good as I had it with a Lidl protein roll (my last one) instead of chips. Saturday started no too bad with a bacon sarnie in Burgen, then went out & had a chocolate fudge brownie in a pub with a pint of Doom Bar. Then spent the rest pf the afternoon down a few real ales in another pub with really comfortable seats & a roaring fire. In the evening had 2 pulled pork wraps. The pork was cooked in cider, so probably a few carbs there! Sunday started with with scrambled eggs on 2 slices of toasted Burgen then a buttered hot cross bun! MIL bought me a naughty milk choc Easter egg & I slowly munched on that throughout the day. Went out for Easter lunch & had a sweet potato, carrot & leak soup followed by roast lamb with veg & roast potatoes & a pint of lager. I think that's everything.🙄

Today;

B - 2 boiled eggs, 1 slice wholemeal toast

L - lasagne, tablespoon peas, salad and 3 roast potatoes (in a cafe)

D - marinaded chicken steak, small baked potato with butter, salad and tablespoon sweet corn

Snacks - latte & 1 single Thornton’s chocolate on my travels

However, I may be tempted to have a bit of chocolate with my cuppa later 😱

I've been a naughty little boy these last few days. Had a whopping big piece of cod from the chippy on Friday, but was fairly good as I had it with a Lidl protein roll (my last one) instead of chips. Saturday started no too bad with a bacon sarnie in Burgen, then went out & had a chocolate fudge brownie in a pub with a pint of Doom Bar. Then spent the rest pf the afternoon down a few real ales in another pub with really comfortable seats & a roaring fire. In the evening had 2 pulled pork wraps. The pork was cooked in cider, so probably a few carbs there! Sunday started with with scrambled eggs on 2 slices of toasted Burgen then a buttered hot cross bun! MIL bought me a naughty milk choc Easter egg & I slowly munched on that throughout the day. Went out for Easter lunch & had a sweet potato, carrot & leak soup followed by roast lamb with veg & roast potatoes & a pint of lager. I think that's everything.🙄
Confession time over ~ at least you're honest Mark ~ good to get it off your chest so you can sleep tonight, right? You certainly had a whale of a time food & drink 😱 wise whilst enjoying your weekend with MIL🙂 Well good for you ~ so back to the drawing board for you tomorrow me laddo and more creative recipes please:D take care now. Who fed your chuck chucks while you were away? Oh and a 6.2 is nowt to be sniffed at Mark🙂

Last edited:

With a Hba1c of 36, why not? It was Easter after all :D

Confession time over ~ at least you're honest Mark ~ good to get it off your chest so you can sleep tonight, right? You certainly had a whale of a time food & drink 😱 wise whilst enjoying your weekend with MIL🙂 Well good for you ~ so back to the drawing board for you tomorrow me laddo and more creative recipes please:D take care now. Who fed your chuck chucks while you were away? Oh and a 6.2 is nowt to be sniffed at Mark🙂
We filled up loads of feeders with food for the chickens & plenty of water, though they were all empty when we got home. We have had so much rain that the coop is a quagmire! Poor chickens are knee deep in mud!😱

B. My usual.
L. 3 Ryvita’s with cheese , an apple , a little watermelon and some sparkling water.
D. Roast turkey breast, 3 small new potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms and a Coke Zero
Bedtime . 2 gingernuts to keep my level from dropping

I’ve got my appetite back B1F6B813-F71B-403E-A70A-C05B0FDD940A.gif

Ate too much roast beef,Yorkshire pud,mash,gravy,roast potatoes,broccoli,sprouts,peas and carrots
Snacks
Marathon(snickers) Buenos,2 doughnuts and 3 biscuits

B - jumbo oats, almond milk, raspberries, butter and a coffee
coffee
D - wholemeal sandwich - 3 slices smoked ham and a serving of garlic & herb philly, salted caramel protein bar
coffee
T - 2 egg mushroom and ham omelette, charlotte potatoes, fine green beans and 2 squares 90%
coffee xx

Today:

B- 1x wholemeal toast with butter. Coffee.
L- chicken salad. Packet plain crisps. Wispa.
S- McCoy’s crisps.
D- spaghetti carbonara with a slice garlic bread. Chocolate ice cream.

Might eat more chocolate later

Monday 2/4
FBG (5.30am) - Not measured today
Breakfast 1 (5.30am): Porridge (made with almond milk), raspberries,
blackcurrants, hazelnuts {285 Cal / 34.5g Carbs}
...............................5 mile walk
Breakfast 2 (8am): Scrambled eggs, smoked salmon,
toast (one slice, seeded) /Juice from one orange {283 Cal / 18.4g Carbs}

Lunch (12pm): Tomato & basil soup {84 Cal / 13.2g Carbs}
Ham, fig & avocado salad, rye bread & cottage cheese {237 Cal / 23.2g Carbs}
Blackberries, redcurrants, yoghurt, almonds {118 Cal / 8.7g Carbs}

Snack (3pm): Banana {66 Cal / 15.0g Carbs}
..............................2 mile walk
..............................5 km on rowing machine
Snack (4pm): Toasted walnut bread, hummus {128 Cal / 15.1g Carbs}

BG (6pm) 4.5 [very happy with this]
Dinner (6pm): Hake, chorizo & cannellini beans,
roast sweet potato, pangrattato {411 Cal / 26.0g Carbs}
Dessert: Strawberries, nectarine, yoghurt, pecans {139 Cal / 9.9g Carbs}

4 cups of coffee too

Calories 1834
Carbs 173.5g
Protein 96.9g
Fat 69.2g (Sat Fat 15.2g / Trans fat 0.5g)

All food cooked from scratch, if you would like any recipes please just ask

02/04/18 (1158cals) woke at 06:30
7:00 Breakfast 441cals 29.325g carbs (BS 9.7)
1 slice veg roll hulls 137cals 6.5g carbs
1 poached eggs 79cals 0g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
25g candian vintage cheese 104cals 0.025g carbs
100ml cranberry juice 42cals 10g carbs (BS 11.7)

12:00 Lunch 553cals 35.8g carbs (BS 9.7)
2 slices veg roll hulls 274cals 13g carbs
2 poached eggs 158cals 0g carbs
100g baked beans heinz 79cals 12.8g carbs
100ml cranberry juice 42cals 10g carbs (BS 10.3)

17:00 Dinner 471.8cals 59.96g carbs (BS 8..4)
Leftover Easter Sunday Lunch.
1/3 chicken joint & stuffing asda 257cals 5.8g carbs
95g potato baked 87cals 20g carbs
135g steam veg birds eye sun. mix 73cals 11g carbs
140ml chicken gravy bristo 39.2cals 7.56g carbs
150ml shloer rose 66cals 15.6g carbs (BS 12.2)

21:00 Snack 164cals 10.65g carbs (BS 6.5) Wow! That was a big drop in 2 hours!
2 oatcakes nairns 72cals 8.7g carbs
15g no sugar peanut butter sun pat 92cals 1.95 g carbs

Had a horrid week of shingles. My BS was all over the place & had to add some correction doses. Feeling much better today! Unfortunately put on a bit of weight, 12.25 stone. All that overeating, 1500-1700cals/day when I was cranky & ill. I always eat more when I’m ill! The exception being a fever & can’t get out of bed. BS much better today. Ran out of almond milk a couple days ago so, drank more juice. But, have order from tesco delivered in the morning: ordered 2 litres this time to last me the week. BS is much better today. Will have to start again with the weight loss but, know I can do it! No chocolate for Easter this year!

HEAVEN on EARTH :D

Snacks - latte & 1 single Thornton’s chocolate on my travels
That take some strength lol I could NEVER just have 1 :D

My Yesterdays
B –
Medium sized banana.
Mid Morning –
Tinned Calvo Mediterranean tuna salad.
L –
Factory lunch
Chicken with sweet potato, grass, fried egg in soy sauce, asparagus lettuce with carrot black fungus and very little pork.
D –
Smoked salmon with avocado egg mayo and 2 vine toms.
2 Italian pork and fennel sausage, 2 fried free range, a low carb muffin.
Strawberries and whipped cream.
4sq Cachet 85%
Drinks -
About 3.0 litres of coffee.
Water with Lemon approx. 0.5l.
Glass of Zero carb soya milk.

End for today.

IMG_5407.jpg

Last edited:
Morning all

Back from France where I wasn't too bad, did have a couple of meals out which involved mussels :D
Anyway normal service to be resumed today.
Hope you all had a good weekend.

B. My usual.
L. Not hungry as had a late breakfast , sparkling water.
D . My pot luck stew.
Bedtime snack. A slice of wholemeal toast and peanut butter plus a large coffee.
Water through the day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back