what did you eat today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
I am running out of ideas for our evening meal - so i thought i would start a thread with what we ate today. Northerner, could we have this as a sticky if it is popular?

So our evening meal today was:

Gammon steak
poached egg
sweetcorn

bit size chocolate bar

TOTAL CARBS = 30 grams carbs

🙂Bev

right evening meal today was chicken stir fry with half a portion of egg noodles
pudding was a fruit salad with scoop of ice cream no idea on the numbers x

I haven't had dinner yet, so far all ive had is an omlete with mushrooms and cheese. Minimal carbs :D

I think this will be a good thread 🙂

I think I'll like this thread more on some days than others 😛

I had 1/4 cup of brown rice (42g carb)
spicy mince bolognase
brocolli
beans

I also had (for lunch, not dinner) a yummy Hartley's jelly for pudding (My favourite flavours are mango and passionfruit/ blueberry and blackcurrant) They're brilliant, just under 2g of carb per pot!

Ive had an Omlette , cheese and mushroom. mmmm minimal carbs :D:D

Hiya,

Nathan had for his tea/dinner tonight: Roast chicken breast (no skin)
Small new potato (boiled approx 7)
Roasted carrots and turnip chunks
(Unlimited he loves his veg)
Small serving of gravy
Fat free muller yoghurt

Last Night he had Spag Bog and fruit

Night before....Filled brown Pitta bread with unlimited salad and tuna, followed by yoghurt

Night before that.....Cumberland mash and unlimited veg then fruit

No idea of carb content as we dont carb count

Heidi
:D

we had hot chicken wings (like american buffalo wings), Chips and onion rings.

Chips are made in actifry with only a drizzle of olive oil!,

We had a thread like this a while ago 'Typical day's food', which was very popular, so I will 'stick this for a little while, see how it goes!

Today I had:

Breakfast: Weetabix, skimmed milk, orange juice, several mugs of tea

Lunch: Banana sandwich on Warburton's seeded batch bread, slurp! Followed by Dr Oetker wholegrain strawberry biopot yoghurt, more tea!

Evening: Home-cooked spaghetti bolognese, ice-cream with peach slices, 'breakaway' biscuit, more tea.

I've also had several jelly babies today, due to three hypos!😱

i had a half roast chicken (done in low call spray) with a baked potatoe salad and coleslaw. also had bbq sauce for the chicken hehehehehehe

washed down with 4 stellas :D

I'm having lasagne and salad. 2 slices granary toast with flora and marmite for breakfast and I had a mixed salad for lunch with some melon and kiwi for pud.

Really bad example today as have been at a big meeting in London today so early start 'conference food' and late home etc...

Breakfast: Start cereal

Snack: bag of Minstrels

Lunch: fish pie, carrots and peppers and cheese and biscuits (bizarre mix at the meeting!)

Dinner: quorn 'bacon' sandwich (white bread)

Really not a good or typical day today, I'll post again tomorrow to give a better example.

Today we had my home made Philly cheese melts.

small wholemeal bagettes and the filling:-

Onion finely sliced
Red pepper finely sliced
Mushrooms sliced
Steak shredded or finely sliced
Ementel cheese sliced

Spray pan with olive oil, fry onion till almost brown, keep warm
fry peppers and mushrooms then add to onions
fry steak, put steak and filling into the rolls add the cheese and place under grill to melt the cheese

Um, no one wants to know my eating habits, a little different from my son's....

Only know evening meal cos away last two days:

chili con carne (with kidney beans and peppers) on 2 baked potatoes, with sour cream and cheese, pile of sauteed spinach. He also then had a fruit winder for pudd!

(We had wine.)

I think I'll like this thread more on some days than others 😛

I had 1/4 cup of brown rice (42g carb)
spicy mince bolognase
brocolli
beans

I also had (for lunch, not dinner) a yummy Hartley's jelly for pudding (My favourite flavours are mango and passionfruit/ blueberry and blackcurrant) They're brilliant, just under 2g of carb per pot!

Thanks for the info, just been to tesco n bought some jellies and the mango/passionfruit is bloody lovely and perfect for my sweet tooth lol

We had Home made mushroom soup followed by shepherds pie with cabbage washed down with a pint of ice cold water. Not sure of carbs as I tend not to count.
________
TOYOTA HD ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, just been to tesco n bought some jellies and the mango/passionfruit is bloody lovely and perfect for my sweet tooth lol

Yep - me too 🙂 So nice and a guilt-free pudding, can't get better than that!

graham had pasta with green pesto ,broccoli ,cherry tomatoes my partner t bone steak with salad and some broccoli only lemon yogurt for me lemon tarte and ice lolly for dessert for the "boys" i went to see some fiend and i had homede cake ooh after the steak a nice glass of bardolino !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back