Virtual Meetup - second Sunday of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have visitors this weekend, first time of seeing my brother since Lockdown. However I will try to pop in if I can. It rather depends on the weather as to whether we are in or out for the day. If not I look forward to November. It is so good having the dates fixed. Now that I know them ahead I can try to avoid clashes.

Thanks Mike, "see" you on Sunday

Hi Mike,
Yes please, I'd like to join in this time.

Hi Mike,
Yes please, I'd like to join in this time.

I’ve invited you into the PM so you should have access to login details now. let me know if you can’t see them 🙂

Looking forward to catching up with you on Sunday 🙂

Lovely to see you posting again @Neens!

We are trying to make it a regular thing, so will be having the next on Sunday 11th October

Hope you can make it 🙂

I’ll send a zoom invite nearer the time to anyone who hasn’t joined one yet (they use the same log-in details each time)
Hi Mike, I hope to join but I don't have the details or time, is it possible to pm me?

Many thanks, Snowwy

Thanks @Robin, i’ve invited @Snowwy into the group PM too 🙂

Currently helping some friends move a couple of sofas. I am trying my hardest to get back by 3pm, but apologies in advance if I am 5 minutes late 🙂

I’m back!!

Thanks for the chat everyone! So lovely to see you all, and the new faces. Hope you found it an enjoyable (if slightly chaotic!) 40 minutes.

Same again next month, and I'll try to work out the 'breakout rooms' again 🙂

Thanks, Could try using Discord rather than zoom, has some very good features and as you can set up permenant voice channels that you can also video in - everything can be set up in advance. I use it all the time and it's FREEE 🙂

Re today’s Zoom, I’m not sure who was the organiser or the names of other participants but a huge thank you to everyone. I really felt like the Little Britain guy - ‘the only diabetic in the village’! I didn’t know of anyone else with diabetes so combining ignorance with concern and (particularly since Covid) I felt isolated, lonely and very odd!
Now I’m amongst friends and nobody seems odd including me! Thank you to everyone

Re today’s Zoom, I’m not sure who was the organiser or the names of other participants but a huge thank you to everyone. I really felt like the Little Britain guy - ‘the only diabetic in the village’! I didn’t know of anyone else with diabetes so combining ignorance with concern and (particularly since Covid) I felt isolated, lonely and very odd!
Now I’m amongst friends and nobody seems odd including me! Thank you to everyone

It was lovely to have you join us @Annemarie

We’ll have another next month, and it can be really nice to just exchange smalltalk and frustrations, plus find out a bit more about people, of course. You didn’t get the chance to see @Stitch147 ’s home ‘pub’, but there’s always next time 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back