• People with diabetes are currently being contacted to receive the Covid-19 vaccine. Should you have any questions about how this might affect your blood sugar levels, then call our Helpline for support and information on managing your diabetes at this time.Updates: Coronavirus and diabetes
  • Are you currently doing less than 30 mins physical activity per week and would like support to help you move more? Get in touch with our Physical Activity Helpline here

Virtual Meetup - second Sunday of the month

grainger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’m going to try tomorrow. Hope to see some of you

Hazel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
What time is it please

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Sorry I missed joining in today. But they were drawing the raffle. Didn't win a raffle prize but I did win the anagram quiz.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry I missed joining in today. But they were drawing the raffle. Didn't win a raffle prize but I did win the anagram quiz.

Congrats on the ziper @Stitch147

We missed your wonderful interiors, but had the benefit of @karloc ’s virtual reality and @stephknits beautiful garden!

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I missed out this week. Daughter and family called round, just after the Sky engineer left. Didn’t like to tell them I’d prefer lowering the tone of a discussion on a Zoom meeting:D

Neens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
I haven't logged in for a while.
I got excited by this thread and then realised the 13th Sept has been and gone...
who knows what day it is?!

Anyway if you do another one @everydayupanddowns I would like to join you all.

Was gutted that both the conference and the Education classes offered in my district were also cancelled due to COVID.
Fully understand but it left me feeling disconnected.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Lovely to see you posting again @Neens!

We are trying to make it a regular thing, so will be having the next on Sunday 11th October

Hope you can make it :)

I’ll send a zoom invite nearer the time to anyone who hasn’t joined one yet (they use the same log-in details each time)

Neens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Lovely to see you posting again @Neens!

We are trying to make it a regular thing, so will be having the next on Sunday 11th October

Hope you can make it :)

I’ll send a zoom invite nearer the time to anyone who hasn’t joined one yet (they use the same log-in details each time)
Brilliant - thanks --- I am booked at 6PM but guessing you'll do daytime meet. Look forward to it.
PS got over Zoom Room Shame months ago - the house is a mess and we never decorated (moved a few years ago) and previous householder was double+ our age - so we don't match our walls and I no longer care. ;)

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Brilliant - thanks --- I am booked at 6PM but guessing you'll do daytime meet. Look forward to it.
PS got over Zoom Room Shame months ago - the house is a mess and we never decorated (moved a few years ago) and previous householder was double+ our age - so we don't match our walls and I no longer care. ;)
We moved 4 years ago and I’m still unpacking boxes this week

Annemarie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We have had a couple of successful virtual meetups over the summer, and there seems to be appetite for more opportunities to gather ‘virtually’ for a bit of a chat and catchup via video ‘Zoom‘ meeting.

So I am suggesting we start to hold these regularly on the second Sunday of the month for a while, and see how it goes - until we are able to restart occasional face-to-face meetups.

The next one will be 3pm on Sunday 13th September.

These meetings will use the same meeting ID and password, so if you were part of the August meetup, you should be able to use the same details.

You would be very welcome to join us for 40 minutes or so.

Please let me know in a comment below if you’d like to join the meeting and I will send login details via Direct Message.
I’d like to join please if I can

pottersusan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
could you include me please

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It’s coming around again. This coming Sunday (11th October) will be another chance to get together for a 45 minute chat from 3pm.

Let me know if you want the Zoom meeting details :)