(TW - Talks about overdose)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and down.

Oh crap. The ED drs said the overdose should be out of my body by now, I contacted the diabetes team and never got a reply so injected 50 units but now i read online I shouldn't have done that. As the effects can last days or a week.. what now ?

@Misunderstood Ignoring your recent overdose and issues, it’s usually easiest to stick to a set time for your basal even if it’s a more flexible one. It’s just one less thing to think about and it can become part of your routine.

As @everydayupsanddowns says, most of your previous doses should have left your body. There might be some overlap so you’ll have to keep testing your blood sugar and eat if necessary.

Any update on the MH? Are they going to contact you? If so, when?

@Misunderstood Ignoring your recent overdose and issues, it’s usually easiest to stick to a set time for your basal even if it’s a more flexible one. It’s just one less thing to think about and it can become part of your routine.

As @everydayupsanddowns says, most of your previous doses should have left your body. There might be some overlap so you’ll have to keep testing your blood sugar and eat if necessary.

Any update on the MH? Are they going to contact you? If so, when?
Yes I agree. Thanks for explaining. @Inka And @everydayupsanddowns I confess I am ME3. I just have forgotten what details I used when signing up.

No problem 🙂 I hope tonight goes better for you. Just keep an eye on your blood sugar and get some carby snacks ready in case you need them overnight. Try to give your diabetes team a call tomorrow maybe just so they can check your basal is back on track.

No problem @Misunderstood - I’ll merge your accounts so that the old conversations are accessible through your new persona. 🙂

It’s helpful (and less confusing!) for forum members to be able to tell people apart by username. It’s one of the reasons why the user guidelines state each person should only have one account / forum name. 🙂

If you have difficulty logging-in you can contact the mods/admins who can help

No problem @Misunderstood - I’ll merge your accounts so that the old conversations are accessible through your new persona. 🙂

It’s helpful (and less confusing!) for forum members to be able to tell people apart by username. It’s one of the reasons why the user guidelines state each person should only have one account / forum name. 🙂

If you have difficulty logging-in you can contact the mods/admins who can help
Thank you and I'm sorry for telling a porky. According to 111 I've had a toxic dose. I forgot to lower my long lasting insulin now I've lost weight.

@Inka i a am sorry for telling a white lie.

Was told I needed care in hospital ASAP. If they think I'm leaving my bed now before tomorrow morning they will have to use a 136.

Was told I needed care in hospital ASAP. If they think I'm leaving my bed now before tomorrow morning they will have to use a 136.

I know you found it unrelaxing in hospital the other night, but really it’s the safest place to be. You can have a glucose drip if needed and sleep safe in the knowledge you’re being looked after.

I know you found it unrelaxing in hospital the other night, but really it’s the safest place to be. You can have a glucose drip if needed and sleep safe in the knowledge you’re being looked after.
I know but cant sleep in a plastic chair.

Is abdo pain a sign of insulin issues?

No, not normally, but stress can cause stomach pains.
I really hope the 111 dr wont send anyone out to make me go hospital.. they have not called back. Even know I said I didnt want to go hospital. I mean they cant force me can they ?

No, they can’t force you, but if they recommend it it would be sensible to go. They wouldn’t say it if they didn’t think you need to be there.

No, they can’t force you, but if they recommend it it would be sensible to go. They wouldn’t say it if they didn’t think you need to be there.
Ah well probally too late now.

I often wish they would just force me, I dont always understand whats in my best interests. the psych lady today was asking if I had ever been sectioned etc. So am also anxious if that happens too.

I hate life !

111 just called again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back