Switch from Libre 2 to Dexcom G6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only about a month until it’s due to released right?

@rayray119 - face it - just because they are going to publish an updated Guideline never ever means things it says will be available the same year!

@rayray119 - face it - just because they are going to publish an updated Guideline never ever means things it says will be available the same year!
I know that I'm just interested to see what it says it might just provide more clarity of what it meams

well i know things might not be available but I'm still interested to see it. it was just a curious coment

Getting back to the original theme of this thread, it's interesting to compare the customer service between Dexcom and Abbott. Last week, i'd fitted a new sensor with its transmitter as usual, but a few hours later I felt that the sensor probe had fallen from my abdomen. Sure enough, the whole sensor and transmitter had parted from the adhesive patch which is the only thing left on my skin. Bit odd, but in the same incident I lost the transmitter, which usually lasts for three months. That was on Sunday, so on Monday I phoned Dexcom who listened to this sorry tale, and said they would send a new sensor and transmitter as a priority for next day. (Abbott won't send anything as a priority even if you say you'd pay for it).

Sure enough, next morning I received a new sensor and transmitter.

Fitted the new sensor, introduced it and the new transmitter to the phone, and about two minutes later got a message, to the effect that I need to urgently stop the sensor, and apply a new one. So I did. I did notice that the other sensor had blood on it, so I wondered if that had cause the problem. Rather ashamed, I phone Dexcom again and reported this story. Needless to say, they sent along along a new sensor, and even though I had some left on my subscription, it still arrived the next day.

I suppose it helps that Dexcom's distribution centre is about 4 miles South of where I live. It happens to be close to the motorway network. Short distance away, but a different world. You can rent a modernised two bedroom terraced house for £475 a month in Clayton-le-Moors (half a mile from Dexcom's pad). Such properties go for £1000 a month where I live.

I have been having problems with libre 2 as well. If you are using a phone as the reader and you have to re-install the app. you loose all your data from the phone app. which is very annoying. But my big problem is the alarms. During the night I have a "do not disturb" set (so I do not get alarms when emails come in... etc..) But then the Libre app goes into alarm at random all night long. I have to turn the alarms off at night which makes it pointless. I spent 3 .1/2 hours on the phone with Abbott and they could not fix it - is a software glitch. The other thing to remember is if you reinstall the app. and take over a sensor that is already started, the alarms will not work again until you start a new sensor. There must be a better system than this Abbott thing surely in this day and age.

@John Cornwall what issues did you have with Libre 2 that made you need to reinstall the app?

Getting back to the original theme of this thread, it's interesting to compare the customer service between Dexcom and Abbott. Last week, i'd fitted a new sensor with its transmitter as usual, but a few hours later I felt that the sensor probe had fallen from my abdomen. Sure enough, the whole sensor and transmitter had parted from the adhesive patch which is the only thing left on my skin. Bit odd, but in the same incident I lost the transmitter, which usually lasts for three months. That was on Sunday, so on Monday I phoned Dexcom who listened to this sorry tale, and said they would send a new sensor and transmitter as a priority for next day. (Abbott won't send anything as a priority even if you say you'd pay for it).

Fitted the new sensor, introduced it and the new transmitter to the phone, and about two minutes later got a message, to the effect that I need to urgently stop the sensor, and apply a new one. So I did. I did notice that the other sensor had blood on it, so I wondered if that had cause the problem. Rather ashamed, I phone Dexcom again and reported this story. Needless to say, they sent along along a new sensor, and even though I had some left on my subscription, it still arrived the next day.

I suppose it helps that Dexcom's distribution centre is about 4 miles South of where I live. It happens to be close to the motorway network. Short distance away, but a different world. You can rent a modernised two bedroom terraced house for £475 a month in Clayton-le-Moors (half a mile from Dexcom's pad). Such properties go for £1000 a month where I live.
do you in general find it more reliable then the libre?

Another heads up for Dexcom service, they replace sensors if you need a scan as well. I rang them up once and admitted it was my fault that a sensor had failed to attach to my arm and was there any way I could rectify the problem? Answer was no but they could by sending a replacement in the post (which they did).

I take your point about delivery from Abbott. There is no such thing as quick with them. And their answer to everything is "we will send a new sensor" not fix the problem. BUT they do not argue (even if they don't speak very good English! )

I have been having problems with libre 2 as well. If you are using a phone as the reader and you have to re-install the app. you loose all your data from the phone app. which is very annoying. But my big problem is the alarms. During the night I have a "do not disturb" set (so I do not get alarms when emails come in... etc..) But then the Libre app goes into alarm at random all night long. I have to turn the alarms off at night which makes it pointless. I spent 3 .1/2 hours on the phone with Abbott and they could not fix it - is a software glitch. The other thing to remember is if you reinstall the app. and take over a sensor that is already started, the alarms will not work again until you start a new sensor. There must be a better system than this Abbott thing surely in this day and age.

Man that would be annoying, surprised abbott didnt have solution for alarm problem, take it this just happens at night not during day?

During the night I have a "do not disturb" set (so I do not get alarms when emails come in... etc..) But then the Libre app goes into alarm at random all night long. I have to turn the alarms off at night which makes it pointless.
Hi. Apologies if I am "teaching my granny to suck eggs" here but you do know about compression lows don't you, where lying on your sensor will cause it to to register a BG drop often into a hypo due to compression of the tissue under the sensor where the filament is located. Placing the sensor where this is less likely to happen takes a bit of figuring out and also training yourself not to lie on it..... in a similar way to knowing where the edge of the bed is and not rolling out.

No, the spurious alarms are sounding to tell me my alarms are not working or turned off!!! and go off about every few minutes when the "do not disturb" is turned on. The app. is supposed to override this and allow the high/low alarms to work/sound. I NEED these alarms as I can sleep through hypos I think (But don't know for sure) it is only on Android not on Apple IOS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back