Switch from Libre 2 to Dexcom G6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a financial decision, not a clinical one.
Even my dsn team say they wouldn't expect any more then 8 a day even when not using the libre

Sorry I seem to be going off topic now

You can also set a rise rate and a fall rate alert and there is an ’urgent low‘ and an ‘urgent low soon‘ alert. I’ve only had to use finger prick BGs a few times over the past 3 years.

You can also set a rise rate and a fall rate alert and there is an ’urgent low‘ and an ‘urgent low soon‘ alert. I’ve only had to use finger prick BGs a few times over the past 3 years.
Yes I had conversation with a nurse today and she suggestedd i might be able to get it. It's only a few weeks until the end of march right I've starting using Diablox but still getting seenor errors.

right I've starting using Diablox but still getting seenor errors.
what is it showing? Are you a member of the Diabox group on Facebook? xx

what is it showing? Are you a member of the Diabox group on Facebook? xx
It just keeps beeping at me to say discontaed i think it might my sessnor rather Diablox. I think I might be allergic to adhesive as well becauses it's really hurting. The good I managed to get to get acurte on higher levels. But I still need thd sensor to stay working and not really hurt my skin. I was encouraged by thd nurse I sookd to yesterday did encourage me to continue conversations about cgms

It just keeps beeping at me to say discontaed i think it might my sessnor rather Diablox. I think I might be allergic to adhesive as well becauses it's really hurting. The good I managed to get to get acurte on higher levels. But I still need thd sensor to stay working and not really hurt my skin. I was encouraged by thd nurse I sookd to yesterday did encourage me to continue conversations about cgms
Get some barrier spray before you need to change it to apply before applying the sensor xx

Get some barrier spray before you need to change it to apply before applying the sensor xx
Yeah I think if I could get a proper cgm ljkd the nurse sujusted j might be able yesterday. It will make things better and stop me worry about breaking rules.

Yeah I think if I could get a proper cgm ljkd the nurse sujusted j might be able yesterday. It will make things better and stop me worry about breaking rules.
there could still be a reaction to the adhesives so switching wouldn't necessarily mean that issue would be gone, these days I'm not too bothered about "rules" xx

there could still be a reaction to the adhesives so switching wouldn't necessarily mean that issue would be gone, these days I'm not too bothered about "rules" xx
I am though that'ss a priceable i have. But the coment wasnt just about the afhersvie. I I may find i get on better with it anyway. So if the options there I would think id lile to try swicthing

I am though that'ss a priceable i have. But the coment wasnt just about the afhersvie. I I may find i get on better with it anyway. So if the options there I would think id lile to try swicthing
I used to be but after my issues with Libre my attitude is now I will do whatever works for me with it and there's nothing "wrong" in that, it isn't stated that you mustn't do this, that or the next thing so....

I used to be but after my issues with Libre my attitude is now I will do whatever works for me with it and there's nothing "wrong" in that, it isn't stated that you mustn't do this, that or the next thing so....
Well it turns out I still can't fully trust it I was about to give myself more insulin with dinner I had strong sense I need to check with a first prick first and I was bicessly in range I'm almost regardted going back on them now but I was told to.

Well it turns out I still can't fully trust it I was about to give myself more insulin with dinner I had strong sense I need to check with a first prick first and I was bicessly in range I'm almost regardted going back on them now but I was told to.

What were the readings you got from the Libre and a finger prick and what was your graph showing your levels were doing at that time?
When did you previously scan it and what reading did you get then?

What were the readings you got from the Libre and a finger prick and what was your graph showing your levels were doing at that time?
When did you previously scan it and what reading did you get then?
Well at firstr itvwas saying 10.2 then finger pick said 7.4 and libre and dishox said 9.8 I know some people think that's acceptable I don't because that's difaitly not going to help catch hypos

No, I personally think that is too far out but what was your graph showing at the time? Were your levels going upwards or coming down when you took the 10.2 scan/reading and when did you last calibrate the diabox? I believe you can calibrate it, but may be wrong on that.

No, I personally think that is too far out but what was your graph showing at the time? Were your levels going upwards or coming down when you took the 10.2 scan/reading and when did you last calibrate the diabox? I believe you can calibrate it, but may be wrong on that.
Last night but if it goes of lime that considering you need to givd readings Its nof really going slove thee test strip usage and it was staying stanble.ive ended dealating diabox. Thd graph wad stable. I may be to give the hostpal a ring tomorrow to say the libre is actually making me feel unsafe rather then helping.

Yes, you can calibrate Diabox. Your BG needs to be in steady state and Diabox must have been running for a while then you calibrate. It then needs a couple of hours and you calibrate 2nd time, again at a steady state, but not necessarily the same state as previously - THEN the calibration takes full effect. Like anything else it takes a little while to get familiar with what is going on.

I'm just waiting to see what the new guidelines say not long now right?

It's a different reader for the 2 than it was for the 1 - those of us who migrated to the 2 from the prescribed 1, were encouraged to apply for and get our new reader in time for when we could get the sensors. And the old one couldn't read the new sensors - they did tell you upfront it wouldn't but the thing was there; of course I tried it!
My Libre 1 Reader Scans the Libre 2, no problem

My Libre 1 Reader Scans the Libre 2, no problem
Yes, you just won't get the alarms. (And the new reader does give the alarms, but won't read Libre 1 sensors. But "replacement" just means they want the serial number so you still get to keep the older reader.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back