SW forum meet up Taunton 3 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no parking restrictions on a Sunday and the Car parks are free If you do choose to come by car. I would recommend the multi story in Paul Street, as that is near the concert venue and not far from Cosy Club.
When I checked trains from Worcester not good, due to aftereffects of the strike, I think. May be better from other places.

Thanks @SB2015 that’s really helpful! Free parking?! Wow, that’s not something you often see in my neck of the woods.

Yep @Carlos - driving is seeming like an easier option in many respects!

I did get the message in Trainline that trains might be affected by the previous day's strike. I don't have a car so I'll just take an earlier train in case there are delays.

Sorry you won’t be able to make this one @Flower.
I look forward to seeing you another time.
Nervously excited about the concert.

Hi, we're staying in Exeter the night before now as I was worried about getting to Taunton in time due to roadworks in Cornwall and possible traffic due to people returning from holiday. Got a good deal on DBB at a hotel there and can do some shopping heee heee.

Incidentally if anyone is driving and wanted to stay in Taunton for the night this deal on Wowcher came up this morning see this link

Hi, we're staying in Exeter the night before now as I was worried about getting to Taunton in time due to roadworks in Cornwall and possible traffic due to people returning from holiday. Got a good deal on DBB at a hotel there and can do some shopping heee heee.

Incidentally if anyone is driving and wanted to stay in Taunton for the night this deal on Wowcher came up this morning see this link
Looking at the BnB I am almost tempted to treat ourselves to a stay there.

Thanks for the info Patti and looking forward to seeing you both on Sunday.
Enjoy your shopping, and I can recommend Exmouth and/or Topsham for a visit.

I’ve got 2 nights accommodation booked in Bristol…free DBB at my sister's.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Excellent news @Robin
So pleased that you can make it.
See you on Sunday

Enjoy Exeter! I've been quite a few times and yes, is not bad for shopping. I like that they have an M&S, I'm only interested in the food court tho 😉

I had the opportunity to promote the concert on the radio yesterday morning and this evening. Goo to be able talk about the positive impact of the support available on the forum, and to highlight other work of Diabetes UK. Hoping that it brings in a bigger audience.
See you in Sunday.

I had the opportunity to promote the concert on the radio yesterday morning and this evening. Goo to be able talk about the positive impact of the support available on the forum, and to highlight other work of Diabetes UK. Hoping that it brings in a bigger audience.
See you in Sunday.

Well done @SB2015 - that’s fantastic!

I’m hoping to get down there for 1.00-1.30ish all being well. 🙂

Last edited:
I am aiming to be at Cosy Club at 11:45, for any early arrivers. I will need to leave at 12:30 to go and set up for the concert before we start rehearsing. looking forward to seeing any that I miss at the concert.

Excited about tomorrow. I got my train tickets and I'm checking the lunch menu online. See you there 🙂

I am really sorry but won’t be there as hubby is working 5am to 1.30pm so not fair to ask him to drive up to taunton afterwards, really hope things go well with the concert and you enjoy the meet up too!

Thankfully no last minute school shoe shopping required, so I'll see you all tomorrow for lunch 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back