SW forum meet up Taunton 3 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to come (at least for lunch), but I can't confirm until much closer to the time as it's the last weekend of the school holidays so there may be some mad last minute shoe-shopping taking place!

I will try to come (at least for lunch), but I can't confirm until much closer to the time as it's the last weekend of the school holidays so there may be some mad last minute shoe-shopping taking place!
It will be lovely to see you there if you are able to make it.

Hi! I plan to come as well, will buy a ticket to the concert soon. Never been to Taunton, is not too far and will make a nice day out.

Would be lovely to see @Pattidevans again and meet new people too 🙂

Hi! I plan to come as well, will buy a ticket to the concert soon. Never been to Taunton, is not too far and will make a nice day out.

Would be lovely to see @Pattidevans again and meet new people too 🙂
I look forward to meeting you there, and at the concert.

Oh indeed, it will be lovely to see you again @Elenka_HM

@SB2015 IIRC you are looping? I'd love to have a little chat with both you and @everydayupsanddowns as I had a DSN appointment this week and apparently my clinic are trying to "catch up" with looping as soon as she can train up another pump nurse (who herself is T1). Sadly I will be "back of the queue" as my control is so good - well that's what she thinks, personally I think it could be a lot better!

I will happily chat to you about looping. What options are you looking at?
Are you planning to self fund sensors?

No and at the moment I am stuck with the Omnipod Dash for the next 2.5 years I think. I believe the next version of the Omnipod will loop. I just want to get a bit informed 🙂

No and at the moment I am stuck with the Omnipod Dash for the next 2.5 years I think. I believe the next version of the Omnipod will loop. I just want to get a bit informed 🙂
It will be interesting to see what developments there are over that period of time, but like you I start asking around way before I have to make the decision, otherwise it all seems to be a rush at the end.
There are some common features of all the looping systems, and then some specific to each of the different manufacturers. I know for me a different pump will need to tick a lot of boxes for me to change again from the 780. The one bug bear I have is not having a pdm like I did with my combo, and having to access the pump regularly. BUT the benefits far outweigh that issue (although that was definitely wha5 I was thinking at the start when I made the switch!)

Just to reassure people that the meet up in Taunton won’t be all about looping, and welcomes people with all types of diabetes, and parents/carers/…I am amazed at the breadth of conversations at these meet ups, and good to put faces to names. Looking forward to seeing all those that can make it.

Oops, sorry, I have no intention of hogging the conversation.

Oops, sorry, I have no intention of hogging the conversation.
No problem Patti I just didn’t want others put off coming if they aren’t pumping/Type 1. I look forward to meeting you and answering any questions that you have about looping. I am a total convert.

I'll be there too. We've booked the weekend in Buttlins Minehead, so while I enjoy lunch with the enlightened forum members our horde will run wild in the funfair and the swimming pool.

I'll be there too. We've booked the weekend in Buttlins Minehead, so while I enjoy lunch with the enlightened forum members our horde will run wild in the funfair and the swimming pool.

Haha! Sounds great.

We’re coming down to Cornwall next month Sue, but alas not early enough to attend the meet/concert. Hope it all goes well. X

We’re coming down to Cornwall next month Sue, but alas not early enough to attend the meet/concert. Hope it all goes well. X
Sorry the timing doesn’t work out @eggyg

I bought the concert ticket yesterday, I'd forgotten about it! 😱Just one week to go 🙂

I bought the concert ticket yesterday, I'd forgotten about it! 😱Just one week to go 🙂
I look forward to meeting you soon.

Must look at train tickets vs driving!

Must look at train tickets vs driving!
There are no parking restrictions on a Sunday and the Car parks are free If you do choose to come by car. I would recommend the multi story in Paul Street, as that is near the concert venue and not far from Cosy Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back