SW forum meet up Taunton 3 Sep

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB2015

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I know that we already have @everydayupsanddowns , @ISCA , @Pattidevans , @Robin (hopefully) , @Sarahp (possibly) and @Carlos if he can arrange it withe the family. Any more takers?

I suggest meeting at Cosy Club on Sunday 3 Sep at 12:00 (which is near enough the concert venue and will give me a chance to say hello before we start rehearsals). Nearby there is Vivary Park Which is lovely for a stroll.

There is then the concert at The Temple Methodist Church in aid of Diabetes UK. Two choirs and a steel band to entertain you. One of the songs I have written for this is Hermione - Alert and Alarmed , a humerous look at the interruptions Hermione (my pump) which many of you will relate to. The doors open at 3:30 with the concert starting at 4:00. This is the link to book tickets

www.ticketsource.co.Uk/voce-chamber-choir

I look forward to seeing any of you that can make it.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it!

Hi @Jimmy2202

For the forum meet up we are planning to meet up at Cosy Club at 12:00. It would be lovely to meet you.
I am organising a concert in aid of Diabetes UK, with two choirs and a steel band later that afternoon.
This will be at Temple Methodist Church at 4:00 so I think people plan to stay on for that if they can.
I will post the link to book tickets after next week.

Last edited:
Just seen that I have put the link for tickets to the concert in an earlier post above.

Just seen that I have put the link for tickets to the concert in an earlier post above.

Got my concert ticket 🙂

Hi all, new to all of this and just seen this event is in Taunton, looking to get involved in anything I can as have no support local to me. Anyone able to explain more of what’s happening or if you are looking for extra numbers?
Thanks in advance

Hi @Baker91 If you are in reach of Taunton it will be lovely to meet you. There are meetups arranged in various places, and all are welcome. I made it from the SW to a meeting in Glasgow ages ago as it fitted my travel plans.

on this occasion we are meeting in Taunton at 12:00 on Sunday 3 Sep at Cosy Club. For those that are able to they are also staying on for a concert in aid of Diabetes UK at Temple Methodist Church. Doors open at 3:30 and concert starts at 4:00 with two choirs and a steel band.

Let us know if you can join us.

… also the forum can be a great place to access the vast wealth of experience on here.
Do ask any questions that arise, and be assured that no questions are considered silly. Also a good place for a rant if needed. We ‘get it’ and know that at times it is hard work.

Do let us know how you manage your diabetes: which insulin(s) do you use, have you got a sensor, do you use injections or a pump.

Hi @Baker91 If you are in reach of Taunton it will be lovely to meet you. There are meetups arranged in various places, and all are welcome. I made it from the SW to a meeting in Glasgow ages ago as it fitted my travel plans.

on this occasion we are meeting in Taunton at 12:00 on Sunday 3 Sep at Cosy Club. For those that are able to they are also staying on for a concert in aid of Diabetes UK at Temple Methodist Church. Doors open at 3:30 and concert starts at 4:00 with two choirs and a steel band.

Let us know if you can join us.
Ok, yes I am only in Bridgwater so not far at all and work in musgrove so I’m in Taunton a lot.
Would love to join you all ( just a tad out of my comfort zone)
Thank you for the invite.
Also just seen your comment below, I have had type 1 diabetes, it has been a massive pain in my life for the last 16 years. Currently on fiasp and Levemir injections with Dexcom sensors.
I am now on the list for an insulin pump in September, needing advice around choosing the right pump.

Ok, yes I am only in Bridgwater so not far at all and work in musgrove so I’m in Taunton a lot.
Would love to join you all ( just a tad out of my comfort zone)
Thank you for the invite.
Also just seen your comment below, I have had type 1 diabetes, it has been a massive pain in my life for the last 16 years. Currently on fiasp and Levemir injections with Dexcom sensors.
I am now on the list for an insulin pump in September, needing advice around choosing the right pump.
That‘s great that you will join us. I shall be there briefly before going off to rehearsals for the concert. Plenty of others around. I still remember how nervous I was going to my first meet-up in London. Everyone was so friendly.

With regard to pump choices, start a new thread in the pumping section of the forum and you will get loads of input. It is worth checking what is on offer at MPH. This changes all the time so worth checking with the team for their current list. If you then ask the forum there is bound to be someone who uses each of the options that you have. When you get your first pump it will be such a change and so much more flexible that whichever you choose will be great.

When you get your first pump it will be such a change and so much more flexible that whichever you choose will be great.

I so agree with this! There really isn’t a bad choice as they all to pretty much the same thing. And once you’ve had one you’ll know what things you liked about it and what drove you crackers, to be able to choose your next in 4 years time.

There will be a few pump users at the Taunton meet whose brains you can pick, and also see their pumps in action 🙂

Hi Baker91

I will be at the meeting. I was diagnosed just over 20 years ago and have been on a pump for coming up 10 years now (2 different kinds). Happy to chat in person about it. Although I've been to 9 or 10 diabetic meets they were people from another forum and the only person I will know at this one is Mike @everydayupsanddowns, but at every meet I have been to I have made new friends. We all have at least one thing in common LOL!

BTW @SB2015 I have just got concert tickets for myself and Julian.

Although I've been to 9 or 10 diabetic meets they were people from another forum and the only person I will know at this one is Mike @everydayupsanddowns, but at every meet I have been to I have made new friends. We all have at least one thing in common LOL!

Will be lovely to see you again @Pattidevans 🙂

You too Mike!

Hi @Bristol*Emma and @Bristol1970 I have just spotted that you are likely to be in the SW, so thought that I would flag up a Forum meet up that you might be interested in coming to.
It would be great if you could join us in Taunton on 3 Sep.

just booked my Ticket
& looking forward to the meet up at midday
🙂

just booked my Ticket
& looking forward to the meet up at midday
🙂
Thanks @ISCA. I look forward to seeing you there, and before at Cosy Club.

Table booked at Cosy Club, Hunts Court, Corporation Street, Taunton , TA1 4AJ
for 12:00 in the name of DUK Support Forum.
See you there if you can make it, and at the concert afterwards if you can stay on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back