Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well please keep it there people there is no need to share it with anyone else. Up here in ahem Sunny Manchester we have no use for things like Snow it tends to spoil our Beach Lifestyle.

And you are really going to believe that I'm sure LOL

hi Dave,
my brother in law says it hasn't snowed properly in Manchester since the 1950s when they built Fiddlers Ferry power station near Warrington. he claims, that downwind, it throws a warm blanket over the area.

sounds nasty, well we had no more snow overnight just looks really slippery out there now x

looks like weve had a very light dusting of the white stuff here

snow snow and snow...i try nd get some piccies up later no schools here in the shires so this hobbit is going back to bed XX

I'm at Center Parcs and have woken up in the most beautiful snowy forest, we've had lots!

Will get some pictures on on here when I get home later, assuming we can get home through the snow!

We have about two inches of the white stuff here in Eastbourne. Got a little bit more coming in at the moment. I want more of this stuff.

-4 degrees at 6.30 am, upto -2 now. Snow not deep but very slippy underfoot/wheels.

We have about two inches of the white stuff here in Eastbourne. Got a little bit more coming in at the moment. I want more of this stuff.

Damn thats not fair. We haven't had 2 inches and we are only 15 minutes from you. Apparently we miss quite a lot of the snow and you and Hastings get more than us !!! We've had some but it is disappearing now. Hoping for more later.

just got bk the roads and paths are soo dangerous the black ice is so terrible i went to supermarket in his timberlands despite them being 3 sizes bigger i didnt care tho i just wanted to get bk in 1 peice

Skiied to work today, and most of way back! yippee!

Says it all, really. Most difficult bit was getting nordic skis, poles & boots out of loft, with unattached ladder, so required help of partner. Colleagues at Away Day were very impressed 🙂 at "most active commute to work" (I only had to travel 2 miles each way). Perhaps it's safe to tell them my diagnosis, as they should realise that I can look after myself in slightly unusual situations. Skiied back home across open land and along lesser used roads, but couldn't ski where feet had melted the snow. However, I think I'll cycle back for evening meal.

Added: cycled back for evening meal (mountain bike with thick knobbly tyres and helmet for my head) - and after a few glasses of wine with the meal, was presented with a bottle of champagne for my team, as prize for most active commute to work. Perhaps ironically, perhaps says a lot about work, there wasn't room on either of the the tables occupied by by team members for me, so I sat with some doctors who I knew only vaguely, but they welcomed me when I asked if I could join them. However, still shared champagne with work team mates who did not have room for me earlier. "No room at the inn" - very Christmassy, especially, as I found myself sitting with a Malaysian Chinese Christian, a Bahai who had studied at the same university at almost the same time as me, a non-practicing Jew with Brazillian connections (who had veggie option) and a German protestant, so lots of fun and new views on life!

Last edited:
This is the scene I woke up to this morning..

PICT1169.jpg

i went to supermarket in his timberlands despite them being 3 sizes bigger i didnt care tho i just wanted to get bk in 1 peice

Steff, you do make me laugh!!!

xx

Beautiful photo, Aymes. hope you got home alright!!

xx

Gorgeous Aymes. It didn't stick here, but there's more forecast over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back