Roll call! Lurkers say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fight! fight! fight!

(ah well there are worse things to fight over lol)

I'm guessing they host the site on their servers and contributed to set up costs, but not involved in the day-to-day running. I could be wrong though, and no doubt Admin will correct me if I am!

I do hope someone gives the cat a home, bless!🙂

That is exactly it Northerner - as when I had the idea for this site - I wanted it to be the all singing and dancing and inclusive site for all people with diabetes. The idea was also to have advertising on here - (but in it's own area - and as a resource - like in Balance, DUK seriously did not want this - but as long as all profits go to DUK - it may be introduced in the future).

So in effect the site is independent, but supported by DUK - which was the best way of getting publicity and getting it going. 🙂 I have not heard from them since it was launched! Everything that I now do on here is from my own time and resources.

BTW ? diabetes is now spelt right on the title page! That was my web partners mistake - but I should have noticed - how embarrassing!

Cheers

xx

something I read somewhere admin was that there were going to be some professional experts to give advice, is that still going to happen?

Hmm - Sofaraway - that never came from me - but certainly not against the idea. Only thing is that sharing personal experiences are one thing ? professional advice without a full patient history is quite another ball game. I do want to encourage 'professionals' onto the site so they can read about it from the other side 🙂 - and perhaps set up a similar board so they can share professional experiences with one another and learn from one another as well as us!

I'll admit to lurking too - I dont post that often as much of the time I dont have much to say.....but thanks to Admin for setting this all up - it is invaluable for me and I do try and get on every day to at least see whats happening. I shall make my presence known more often.

Sofaraway, I don't know if you have done the DAFNE course. If so there is a website at http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/ for DAFNE graduates which has part of the forum where you can ask a Healthcare Professional (HCP) a question.

something I read somewhere admin was that there were going to be some professional experts to give advice, is that still going to happen?

This was in the DUK article about the site being set up:

where necessary the charity will also provide expert clinical advice from its team of care advisors, comprising diabetes nurses, dietitians and nutritionists.

This might be where you read about it.

Sofaraway, I don't know if you have done the DAFNE course. If so there is a website at http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/ for DAFNE graduates which has part of the forum where you can ask a Healthcare Professional (HCP) a question.

I had a look at that site Lizzie, but it looked like you had to have been on the course to register, I haven't been on DAFNE (or similar).

I have had a good response to question I posted to 'ask the diabetes team' on the childrenwithdiabetes.com website, a couple of years ago.

I think it;s good if some professionals are reading this site as they will get more of an idea of what it's really like to have diabetes, i'm sure they can learn alot from us. Does feel a bit funny though that we are probably being spied on!

Aha! I think that when we were setting the site up - that I said (and this still stands!) that if it was felt that a particular question is asked on the board and is of a very specific problem or ineed of a medical opinion then it would be referred.
To date the advice given on here has all been so brilliant it hasn't occurred. When I am talking to them about next stage development - I will address this with them and ask if there is anyone that would be willing to take on this role...'ask an expert'. (Though as we all know - they are not always right!! :D)

Lurking...

Hello to fellow lurkers. Like most I check the boards daily but don't think I have a lot to offer so I keep quiet. Although if Admin would like a hand with web site changes at any time I am a tester by trade and would be willing to help.... 🙂

BTW ? diabetes is now spelt right on the title page! That was my web partners mistake - but I should have noticed - how embarrassing!

Cheers

xx

The only people who never make mistakes are those who never do anything

Run out of jokes that are able to be published 😉

Otherwise, pretty busy, but stopping by each day for a look.

I think it;s good if some professionals are reading this site as they will get more of an idea of what it's really like to have diabetes, i'm sure they can learn alot from us. Does feel a bit funny though that we are probably being spied on!

Sofaraway, I think you have hit the nail on the head as to Northerners original thread.....where is everybody?! I have wondered If I am idenitifable through what I have written about my experiences and team etc. I posted a thread about being stressed about my pump clinic referal the other day- I dont regret it because actually I received EXCELLENT advice, BUT did I shoot myself in the back at the same time if my team has read this?

I havent entered myself on the birthday calendar for this reason to keep my DOB private.....OMG I'm PARANOID? :confused::confused::confused:

.....or should we rest assurred the average DSN is waaaaaaay to busy to log on to this? who knows 😱

Last edited:
I received EXCELLENT advice, BUT did I shoot myself in the back at the same time if my team has read this?

I havent entered myself on the birthday calendar for this reason to keep my DOB private.....OMG I'm PARANOID? :confused::confused::confused:

.....or should we rest assurred the average DSN is waaaaaaay to busy to log on to this? who knows 😱

How would they know who you are from the name "sugarbum"? hehe

I am pretty sure if my DSN read that thread she could work out its me.

Am I being overly mad here??!

Am I being overly mad here??!

Yeah hehe. first they would have to stumble across this message board, then read certain threads. then there is the fact that they see LOADs of people etc etc

Yes thats is actually very true. Dont know why I sweat it. Diabetes isnt my job....I cant get fired from it! 😉

Not at all Sugarbum. It doesn't hurt to be mad sometimes.
My DN has said that she can never begin to understand how I feel when I have a hypo as she is not diabetic
________
The cigar boss

Last edited:

I'm sure mine could, if she remembers what I look like! But yeah I am easily identifiable from what I've posted as well.

good job I've only had good things to say about her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back