Questions questions questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost always find that if my diabetes doesn't make sense and is frustrating me, that it is because my basal doses need adjusting. Just upped mine this morning.

Unfortunately the DAFNE course was only available for Type 1s and now opened up to Type 3cs too, which is stupid because Type 2s on a basal/bolus system would benefit from it too although may not be so at risk of DKA which is a primary concern for Type 1s. I know your classification is shown as Type 2 but is in doubt, so you may have difficulty accessing such a course if you don't get reclassified. You can do the online BERTIE course without any referral but I have to say, like this forum, one of the main benefits of an "in person" course, is exchanging experiences with other diabetics and learning from each other. I think with DAFNE, they like you to have 6 months experience before the course, but it takes a while to get on one, so definitely ask your nurse about it.... He/she is the person who would refer you onto it, but as I say, with your classification currently being Type 2 you might struggle to get them to refer you. You can only ask and the worst they can say is "NO" You would really benefit from the course because you are switched on and keen to learn and you have already gained a lot of knowledge from the forum.

I almost always find that if my diabetes doesn't make sense and is frustrating me, that it is because my basal doses need adjusting. Just upped mine this morning.

Unfortunately the DAFNE course was only available for Type 1s and now opened up to Type 3cs too, which is stupid because Type 2s on a basal/bolus system would benefit from it too although may not be so at risk of DKA which is a primary concern for Type 1s. I know your classification is shown as Type 2 but is in doubt, so you may have difficulty accessing such a course if you don't get reclassified. You can do the online BERTIE course without any referral but I have to say, like this forum, one of the main benefits of an "in person" course, is exchanging experiences with other diabetics and learning from each other. I think with DAFNE, they like you to have 6 months experience before the course, but it takes a while to get on one, so definitely ask your nurse about it.... He/she is the person who would refer you onto it, but as I say, with your classification currently being Type 2 you might struggle to get them to refer you. You can only ask and the worst they can say is "NO" You would really benefit from the course because you are switched on and keen to learn and you have already gained a lot of knowledge from the forum.
Still no concrete classification as far as I am aware. I am under the impression that I have been treated like Type1. Going for my 3 monthly blood tests on Thursday, will ask the surgery nurse for any update.
Been looking at the books today for and on diabetes for my own K&U. One baby step at a time.

Still no concrete classification as far as I am aware. I am under the impression that I have been treated like Type1. Going for my 3 monthly blood tests on Thursday, will ask the surgery nurse for any update.
Been looking at the books today for and on diabetes for my own K&U. One baby step at a time.
As you have an appointment on Thursday hopefully it will be with someone who can answer your questions if not then ask for an appointment with someone who can and also give you some advice about handling your fluctuating levels. Take your evidence with you and maybe make a list of questions to ask as it is easy to forget things you meant to ask when you get pressured with time.

As you have an appointment on Thursday hopefully it will be with someone who can answer your questions if not then ask for an appointment with someone who can and also give you some advice about handling your fluctuating levels. Take your evidence with you and maybe make a list of questions to ask as it is easy to forget things you meant to ask when you get pressured with time.
All under control, thanks. Usually I am a good organiser; it's just this illness has thrown me big time. Still thanks for your advice support and concern as always.

I don't understand why you say that a cheese sandwich is devoid of protein?

My appointment went well. Got most of my questions answered. A bit surprised when I was told that I am Type 2. Blood count is good. Seeing the GP in 2 weeks time. So, all in all things are moving in the right direction albeit slowly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back