Pump Start ; potential 780g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh - Ypsomed!! Very old established company, been 'in the game' a long time - though I freely admit I've only ever used their pen needles when the first Lantus pens only accepted 'click on' needles and BD didn't make them so I couldn't use the BD I already had for my Novorapid pen. Wonderfully kind needles!

Did me a huge favour too, that, since before then all jabs of either stung like hell - until I subsequently analysed this and found the Lantus stung pdq after depressing the plunger but sticking the needle in me, didn't. The Novorapid stung as soon as my skin was pierced but not any further than already when the plunger was depressed, and didn't stop until the needle was removed - so that was the needle's fault not the insulin. First I changed the needles and that was lovely, then I swapped to Levemir on the basis that nobody on a the internet then thought it stung and what the hell would be a prob with only one more jab a day, if it wasn't going to actually hurt you to deliver it, and I might achieve better overall control anyway?

Oh what blessed relief!! 🙂

Have you read many reviews on that pump Paul? The older gentlemen on my training came over from that pump & he had only been using it around 6month I think he said.. Not sure if it was self funded or through the hospital but they took him straight off it and moved him onto the 780G. He said he hated it but the Medtronic trainer didn’t want him to discuss it any further with us

No joy for me with the reduced price of £169, Just come off of the phone to them, they still quoted £210 for a box of 5.
I talked to Medtronic today, and they are not advertising the new prices at present but responding to requests. I hope you have success with switching to the new prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back