Please support my Diabetes Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome

signed..advice is very out dated x

Dear kellyt,

Welcome to the forum - your short post intrigued me. What is the advice that is out of date. :confused: :D

Regards Dodger

hi Dodger,
I didn't mean your advice i meant the health authorities, I have been living with diabeties for ten years myself and my dad 25 years at least.. back in the days when you had to pay for your own needles, times change so advice should too. My post was even shorter..just "signed" but it said too short to post so i had to add something else...sorry didnt mean to be cryptic lol :D

kelly 🙂

Hi Kelly,

I had understood what you were saying even if it was maybe a little bit cryptic. 🙂

Thanks for your support.

Best wishes - John

I don't recognise the names John. I did put a link to your petition on my blog, so it's always possible that was a source for one or two of them! Great to see that you're over 500! 🙂
Hi Northerner,

Maybe it is the link on your blog because the number of supporters increased by a chunk again over the weekend.

Thanks for your help anyway - John

There are nearly up to 600 supporters now for my diabetes petition on 10 Downing Street. Let's try to get it past the 600 mark!

Anyone else willing to help - new member perhaps? Also, if you have already supported yourself please try to enlist a few friends and family too because that makes a tremendous difference. I'd appreciate any help that you can offer.

You can find the petition via this link:

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Diabetes-Advice/

John

Count me in Whally. Im a type 2 and its been my dream and goal to retire early with my partner and go round Europe in a motor home for months at a time without returning to Blighty. It is essential that I get to the stage of diet and exercise control of my diabetes and as a newly diagnosed diabetic and devastated and determined for my dream not to be shelved because of the lack of sensible advice for diabetic nurses etc. Ived signed your petition and Thank you for setting it up!

Count me in Whally. Im a type 2 and its been my dream and goal to retire early with my partner and go round Europe in a motor home for months at a time without returning to Blighty. It is essential that I get to the stage of diet and exercise control of my diabetes and as a newly diagnosed diabetic and devastated and determined for my dream not to be shelved because of the lack of sensible advice for diabetic nurses etc. Ived signed your petition and Thank you for setting it up!
Thanks Shellyknees!

The petition will expire very soon. C'mon everyone else! Keep adding your support!

Anyone else willing to help - new members perhaps? Also, if you have already supported yourself please try to enlist a few friends and family too because that makes a tremendous difference. I'd appreciate any help that you can offer.

John

..so I'm probably 450
Thanks Jean! It's now standing at 599. Anybody willing to take it up to 600?

The petition will expire very soon. C'mon everyone else! Keep adding your support!

Anyone else willing to help - new members perhaps? Also, if you have already supported yourself please try to enlist a few friends and family too because that makes a tremendous difference. I'd appreciate any help that you can offer.

John

Thanks shellyknees! Support is currently standing at 627.

John

All signed up - thanks for doing this🙂 I will copy your post and link into another forum I use - not a diabetes one, but we have a section on diabetes and have been discussing the carb issue recently. (Unless you beat me to it Bev!)

Petition signed

All signed up.
I'm Type 1 but still feel strongly that Type 2s should test as much as I do - it's probably more important for those who are diet-controlled as how can you know if you're controlling your levels if you don't know what they are? The carbs advice is madness too. The whole thing should be reviewed and controls put in place to ensure people get the same level of care no matter where they live

Signed up!

Joined up thinking in the NHS on this subject would be beneficial to everyone. It is quite apparent that the newly diagnosed are being given mixed messages depending on where they are in the country.

Personally, I've found that the help I've been given by the NHS has been really excellent. But reading what other newly diagnosed have had to go through, it is apparent that some people in the NHS need better guidance.

Andy

p.s. I don't necessarily agree that type 2's need to test as often as type 1's. It depends on the circumstances though. For example, it would be a complete waste if I tested myself more than once/twice a week because I'd just be recording a load of 4's, 5's and 6's.

just signed as well 🙂
Thanks Fudge! That's given it a another boost - support is currently standing at 633.

John

All signed up - thanks for doing this🙂 I will copy your post and link into another forum I use - not a diabetes one, but we have a section on diabetes and have been discussing the carb issue recently. (Unless you beat me to it Bev!)
Thanks thedame! Great stuff!

The petition will expire very soon. C'mon everyone else! Keep adding your support! It'd be nice to get the level of support up to the 700 mark.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back