Perpetually hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is probably your brain does not get the signal it is supposed to when you are full.
Your DN is right you shouldn't beat yourself up.

They say you can improve this signal by improving your microbiome, which benefits the socalled gut-brain axis.
yes i have taken some probiotics to help with bad gut due to diet. I have felt better eating a bit mote protein in the form of cheese. I was not hungry all day but after dinner we had a walk and i felt hungry . i had a drink
but have in and had apiece of cheese.

I've been shocked by how bad information by diabetic nurses over the years has made me yoyo with my sugar levels now I'm on insulin and major complications my hb1ac 110 then in March down to 80 apparently not due till December by docters to get another blood test and during that period my levels were hitting over 20-25 now on 22 units lantus and and slow release metformin. Always been told for all these years eat little and often. Wish I knew what I know now ages ago would of saved my health.

New diet of mine is cut all carbs and eat protein and good fats meat and fish with mostly green veg and berries within last 3 weeks levels dropped when finger pricking 5-10 and that 10 was coz I was naughty and had a bad of sweets.

Best advise is listening to this person on Tik tok called eddie abbew and learn from online about insulin resistance that is the major thing I've been shocked about.

I've been shocked by how bad information by diabetic nurses over the years has made me yoyo with my sugar levels now I'm on insulin and major complications my hb1ac 110 then in March down to 80 apparently not due till December by docters to get another blood test and during that period my levels were hitting over 20-25 now on 22 units lantus and and slow release metformin. Always been told for all these years eat little and often. Wish I knew what I know now ages ago would of saved my health.

New diet of mine is cut all carbs and eat protein and good fats meat and fish with mostly green veg and berries within last 3 weeks levels dropped when finger pricking 5-10 and that 10 was coz I was naughty and had a bad of sweets.

Best advise is listening to this person on Tik tok called eddie abbew and learn from online about insulin resistance that is the major thing I've been shocked about.
This link may also be helpful to you, Not NO carb which is virtually impossible but Low carb. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

il will look into that.

The weightloss was entirely effortless, and I didn't even think about it until my clothes started to slide south.
I went on holiday last week and when I pulled up the bonnet of the camper van to set the immobiliser I had to be careful as I was wearing my camping clothes and they proved to be too big around the waist. I refuse to count calories any longer - it doesn't work for me.
I eat chops with mushrooms or stirfry, or steak or some leftovers from the previous day's dinner - I do have tuna salad - I have the whole tin - the small ones, but all of it. I like egg and cheese with salad too - my cholesterol has reduced from its highest level and is stable now. As cholesterol is not absorbed from food but apparently made by our livers, all the fuss about low fat seems to have been very wrong anyway.
If you don't want to take statins just tell the nurse - I think that a lot of the facts appearing in the last decade or so are finally getting through now.
Sausages are usually fine - if you go out to eat just order what you want and decline what is not on the low carb list. I think the last time I had breakfast out I had mushrooms along with the sausages, bacon and eggs. Bacon is preserved - not processed, and like most of my family I put it in hot water for a minute or so to remove the salt and other soluble chemicals, then sieve it out and fry as normal - but eating it as it comes is probably not all that drastic if it only once in a while.
Low fat if you look at the content of the product will show, usually, high in some for of sugar. This to enhance the taste against the low fat. A thought, statins, according to research, do not cause aches and pains. This has been an extensive research project, I thought it was interesting as I have in the past had the aches and pains which went when I stopped taking statins. I now take them every other day. My lovely diabetic nurse encouraged me to restart taking them again. Also taken up walking again which always reduces my cholesterol. No aches anymore.

A thought, statins, according to research, do not cause aches and pains. This has been an extensive research project, I thought it was interesting as I have in the past had the aches and pains which went when I stopped taking statins. I now take them every other day. My
Research never asked me . Chronic leg pain, muscle aches and fatigue. Like you symptoms disappeared when I stopped taking them. I also tried taking alternate days, but symptoms returned.

Research never asked me . Chronic leg pain, muscle aches and fatigue. Like you symptoms disappeared when I stopped taking them. I also tried taking alternate days, but symptoms returned.
Its similar to weather does not affect arthritis but my pain tells me different .
If you have no pain you are happy and do not try to make it up . You just want free from it. If you want pain i would love to be able to give it away but like I say its not like that.

Perpetually hungry may well mean you’re not eating enough protein. My tum can rumble, usually at night I will eat a individual wrapped cheese stick or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back