No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrienne, no need to run for cover lol, I eat carbs all the time...
Ive had three meals all involving carbs today, ive just taken too much insulin for the amount of exercise ive been doing. Been munching on glucotabs because of it too 😉

Oh ok phew. Thought you were a definite no carber, get confused as to who does what to be honest 😱 Yep sounds like you are right then.

Adrienne, no need to run for cover lol, I eat carbs all the time...
Ive had three meals all involving carbs today, ive just taken too much insulin for the amount of exercise ive been doing. Been munching on glucotabs because of it too 😉

yea, and when i say reduce insulin i only do it with my next meal dose as you can drop a while after too. Some people say to reduce the meal before but i never do as like Adrienne says you need the insulin, if not enough circulating you will go high.

Oh ok phew. Thought you were a definite no carber, get confused as to who does what to be honest 😱 Yep sounds like you are right then.

Ah no, ive cut down on eating huge amounts of carbs but that's all - less bread!

yea, and when i say reduce insulin i only do it with my next meal dose as you can drop a while after too. Some people say to reduce the meal before but i never do as like Adrienne says you need the insulin, if not enough circulating you will go high.

I have a feeling that because im doing exercise every day im going to need to reduce my insulin at lunch and dinner slightly, but the same at breakfast because that seems to be working fine. I'll try tomorrow and see how it goes 🙂 Thanks!

I have a feeling that because im doing exercise every day im going to need to reduce my insulin at lunch and dinner slightly, but the same at breakfast because that seems to be working fine. I'll try tomorrow and see how it goes 🙂 Thanks!

good luck, its like we always say everyone is individual, we have to just try things to see whats right for us,

well done on all the exercise too

good luck, its like we always say everyone is individual, we have to just try things to see whats right for us,

well done on all the exercise too

yeah definitely - urgh, it's so difficult!

Thanks, i'll probably slip back into lazyness again without even noticing 😉

Hi Adrienne , it's me who tends to avoid most Carbs not Twin 🙂 ah we are so alike we are always getting mistaken for each other 😉 I'm usually the sober one lol I have the absolute minimum Carbs I can possibly get away with , unless I'm hypo >> as a Type 1 the Carbs come out then hehe.

Helloooo Low Carbers 🙂 Well I was 5.3 at 3.18 am then dropped to 4.3 by 4.14am and could feel myself still dropping so munched a couple of JB's (4😉) then went up to 5.7 at 5.32am , hopefully I will avoid the blasted Dawn Phenonomen and not be sky hiGGGGHHHHH in a few hours 🙄 I've got Prawn salad for tea today Mmmm 🙂 Hopefully even though I'm sick I will be able to avoid any random readings in the 20's

Helloooo Low Carbers Well I was 5.3 at 3.18 am then dropped to 4.3 by 4.14am and could feel myself still dropping so munched a couple of JB's (4😉) then went up to 5.7 at 5.32am , hopefully I will avoid the blasted Dawn Phenonomen and not be sky hiGGGGHHHHH in a few hours I've got Prawn salad for tea today Mmmm Hopefully even though I'm sick I will be able to avoid any random readings in the 20's

woo good numbers 🙂 hope it stays like that for you! did you get your shopping? :D

I had a major hypo at 7am, just about managed to drag myself out of bed and into the kitchen to eat something. So I woke to 10.8 :( so annyoing! need to get back to good numbers today!!

Urgh, ive had awful numbers all day, 15 before dinner. The only difference this week is that over the weekend I didnt get round to doing my exercise dvd. So looks like I need to do an hours intense exercise a day to get perfect levels 🙄 I'm going to do it tonight. Not fair, surely 😛

Heya Twin , aww poor you with the dodgy numbers !! mine went abit random in the end 😡

I've had

14.8 >>> WTF 😱

16.3 >>>WTF 😱

The night is still young so >> plenty of time for more highs to p*** me off !!

Oh I had Cheese Omellette in end for tea not Prawns .

what kind of time did u start going high? DP? I think I might have had the DP today too, but not sure why I get it some days and not others. Think it might be the time I sleep and wake up?! Guess the hypo at 7am didnt help either, i felt very low but there was no time for testing 😱

mmm omelette, maybe I should have had one too 😱

what kind of time did u start going high? DP? I think I might have had the DP today too, but not sure why I get it some days and not others. Think it might be the time I sleep and wake up?! Guess the hypo at 7am didnt help either, i felt very low but there was no time for testing 😱

mmm omelette, maybe I should have had one too 😱

Things started going t*** up at 9.28am that was the 14.8 , four hours after eating a crumpet ( Damnnnnn those Carbs !! grrrr 😡) I didn't correct and by 1.29pm I was 16.3 so corrected 🙄 This is the same old story if I have Carbs , I zooooom and stay high for hours.

Things started going t*** up at 9.28am that was the 14.8 , four hours after eating a crumpet ( Damnnnnn those Carbs !! grrrr 😡) I didn't correct and by 1.29pm I was 16.3 so corrected 🙄 This is the same old story if I have Carbs , I zooooom and stay high for hours.

hmm have you tried upping your morning ratio? maybe you could try having a crumpet again tomorrow morning but take an extra unit and see if you go high again... it would be a good test.

Ive started taking my breakfast insulin 20 minutes before eating which seems to be stopping me having a major spike! (aswell as the exercise!).

hmm have you tried upping your morning ratio? maybe you could try having a crumpet again tomorrow morning but take an extra unit and see if you go high again... it would be a good test.

Ive started taking my breakfast insulin 20 minutes before eating which seems to be stopping me having a major spike! (aswell as the exercise!).

Yes I think my ratio for Carbs is defo alot more in the morning 😡 I'm usually 1;10g . I'll try the same tomorrow with more of the injectable good stuff , maybe it was the marmite on it ? Hmm I did allow for the Carbs in that though. I remembered you taking your Insulin earlier the other day when you had a Sandwich so I did take my Jab about 5 / 10mins before eating. I might stop eating in the morning again , I only ate then 5.30am ( I know I'm weird) as I had been low and wanted to avoid a glucose dump , which as we alllll know is what I usually have for breakfast 🙄 Grrrrr I cant win .

Yes I think my ratio for Carbs is defo alot more in the morning 😡 I'm usually 1;10g . I'll try the same tomorrow with more of the injectable good stuff , maybe it was the marmite on it ? Hmm I did allow for the Carbs in that though. I remembered you taking your Insulin earlier the other day when you had a Sandwich so I did take my Jab about 5 / 10mins before eating. I might stop eating in the morning again , I only ate then 5.30am ( I know I'm weird) as I had been low and wanted to avoid a glucose dump , which as we alllll know is what I usually have for breakfast 🙄 Grrrrr I cant win .

dont give up on eating in the morning, you need the energy and im sure you can work it out. try an extra unit tomorrow and if you dont as high you will know it worked. if you go low then maybe you cant get away with the crumpet?! but im sure it will work :D it will take time to work out exactly what insulin you need, but it's best to do it now whilst you are working from home, so you have a lot more time to concentrate on it. Thats why im trying to sort my levels out, before I start working.

I know you havent been on a course and dont have a proper DSN, so if you need any help let me know!

dont give up on eating in the morning, you need the energy and im sure you can work it out. try an extra unit tomorrow and if you dont as high you will know it worked. if you go low then maybe you cant get away with the crumpet?! but im sure it will work :D it will take time to work out exactly what insulin you need, but it's best to do it now whilst you are working from home, so you have a lot more time to concentrate on it. Thats why im trying to sort my levels out, before I start working.

I know you havent been on a course and dont have a proper DSN, so if you need any help let me know!

Yeah I think I will start to adjust things and experiment a bit this week , things can hardly get any worse hehe 😱
Yeah cheers for that Twin , sometimes its better to be able to see things from another perspective , I'll defo be picking your brains over this :D

Yeah I think I will start to adjust things and experiment a bit this week , things can hardly get any worse hehe 😱
Yeah cheers for that Twin , sometimes its better to be able to see things from another perspective , I'll defo be picking your brains over this :D

lol yeah. it's worth experimenting a bit to see if you can work out the right amount of insulin for particularly foods.

any word on the referal??

lol yeah. it's worth experimenting a bit to see if you can work out the right amount of insulin for particularly foods.

any word on the referal??

No news yet , I have to go to the surgery tomorrow to collect my script , I'll mention it then . Hopefully there will be some Insulin on this script !! FFS 😡
How are you levels now? have you had your tea yet? I'm defo going for Prawn Salad tomorrow Mmmm

No news yet , I have to go to the surgery tomorrow to collect my script , I'll mention it then . Hopefully there will be some Insulin on this script !! FFS
How are you levels now? have you had your tea yet? I'm defo going for Prawn Salad tomorrow Mmmm

yeah definitely say something, it's out of order you dont have a dsn 😱 goodluck with the insulin! maybe I should order my test strips whilst ive still got 2 vials left lol, would be good to not run out and not have to worry about it!

im 14.1 right now, had tea about an hour ago now, think it should be coming down - knowing my luck i'll hypo when I do my exercise 🙄

mmm I might have to get some salad, omelette and salad :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back