No Carbers/ low Carbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you didnt go on a course? after you were diagnosed what did they tell you to do?? :confused: I went straight on a course and was told to carb count, thankfully. You could work out your basic ratio based on what you take at the moment. do a sort of reverse sum and see what ratio youve been using.

Got diagnosed, stuck in 10 units every meal for a couple of weeks regardless then told principle of carb counting (i mean guessing) then saw dietician, seen her again recently and she's put me on the list to be told about the next course by post! Also what made me laugh is she gasped when I said I may have omlette and salad for tea as my main meal!! Obviously not a low carb kinda girl!! Still she is good I like her, the first visit I didn't get anything out of it at all but last time I did. I think I'm near 1:10 ratio but depends on activity which varies all the time which is my main issue with this darn thing!

Got diagnosed, stuck in 10 units every meal for a couple of weeks regardless then told principle of carb counting (i mean guessing) then saw dietician, seen her again recently and she's put me on the list to be told about the next course by post! Also what made me laugh is she gasped when I said I may have omlette and salad for tea as my main meal!! Obviously not a low carb kinda girl!! Still she is good I like her, the first visit I didn't get anything out of it at all but last time I did. I think I'm near 1:10 ratio but depends on activity which varies all the time which is my main issue with this darn thing!

Hmm maybe that did happen to me, I can't actually remember what I did before the course.

Haha that's funny, what's wrong with omlette and salad?? Ive always been told by them that I can eat what I want as long as I cover it with insulin.

How long have you been diabetic? I used to be on 1:10g... what happened?! grr lol.

Hmm maybe that did happen to me, I can't actually remember what I did before the course.

Haha that's funny, what's wrong with omlette and salad?? Ive always been told by them that I can eat what I want as long as I cover it with insulin.

How long have you been diabetic? I used to be on 1:10g... what happened?! grr lol.

with a memory like mine it seems like ages! But I haven't even been diabetic officially for a year yet!! Only got the diagnosis Nov last year! Might have a little party next month! Woops I mean the month after (dates aren't my forte either!)

with a memory like mine it seems like ages! But I haven't even been diabetic officially for a year yet!! Only got the diagnosis Nov last year! Might have a little party next month! Woops I mean the month after (dates aren't my forte either!)

hehe! I'm starting to feel like ive been diabetic forever, but it's been 5 years.

Have a party with donuts and party rings - stick two fingers up to the big D 😉

A bit like when I went to the 10 years of BERTIE thing. They had so many carby snacks, it was hilarious.

I went to a beer festival for my 'anniversary'!:D

I wonder if you are 'honeymooning' like me Rossi? You still need insulin, but your pancreas helps out with a lot of the potential higher levels?

Hope the move goes well!🙂

hehe i was thinking that. If you get away with snacking and are back down within range by the next meal you are probably honeymooning. ah the good old days!

Hey guys don't think I am Hmooning levels were a lot mor regular several months ago but I think I noticed when I emerged from it!? I can't get away with snacking without injecting, just think I have a settled routine generally, and eating less, lost weight, only 80 kilos (weighed this morning by nursey, and officially six three!) and perhaps am not testing much between meals to see Mr Milligans friends (spike's) but think perhaps I should to try and work out what happens and work out some proper ratios! Like you lot have, clever peeps!:D

Hey guys don't think I am Hmooning levels were a lot mor regular several months ago but I think I noticed when I emerged from it!? I can't get away with snacking without injecting, just think I have a settled routine generally, and eating less, lost weight, only 80 kilos (weighed this morning by nursey, and officially six three!) and perhaps am not testing much between meals to see Mr Milligans friends (spike's) but think perhaps I should to try and work out what happens and work out some proper ratios! Like you lot have, clever peeps!:D

yeah probably not honeymooning then!

If I were you I would start doing some after meal tests, which is what ive started doing in the last couple of weeks, to see if you are high inbetween meals. If you can work out you proper ratios they will love you when you get on that course :D

yeah probably not honeymooning then!

If I were you I would start doing some after meal tests, which is what ive started doing in the last couple of weeks, to see if you are high inbetween meals. If you can work out you proper ratios they will love you when you get on that course :D

Is that a good thing??😛

I will just busy with life at the mo!! 🙄

Oh to be a cat, I've been home all day except for trip to quack, one of them has been sleeping on the spare bed (douvet folded over so probably very comfy!) the other has had some food but then slept like he's been up for hours (as apposed to minutes!)

Is that a good thing??😛

I will just busy with life at the mo!!

Oh to be a cat, I've been home all day except for trip to quack, one of them has been sleeping on the spare bed (douvet folded over so probably very comfy!) the other has had some food but then slept like he's been up for hours (as apposed to minutes!)

haha. but imagine if you were a cat with diabetes. think you either get one or two injections a day and if you are high after that you have to put up with it :( it you are low then hopefully someone will notice!

my friend's dog has it and had a hypo once so her dad bought him a portion of chips, awww :D

ive always said id just put mine down 😛

I went to a beer festival for my 'anniversary'!:D

I wonder if you are 'honeymooning' like me Rossi? You still need insulin, but your pancreas helps out with a lot of the potential higher levels?

Hope the move goes well!🙂

As I said to Katie I don't think I am but really I have NO IDEA!!!!

Cheers I hope all goes smoothly too, just had cooker disconnected!

I hope you're not waiting once a year to have a beer festival North'!!

PS On a side don't think I can make it to your race either dads got tickets for something and I believe it's a father son thing I can't get out of! Sorry! I will meet up with you all at some point promise!!😉

hehe i was thinking that. If you get away with snacking and are back down within range by the next meal you are probably honeymooning. ah the good old days!

I'm with you on this one Twin !! it's when the Honeymoon is over that things go to pot !! 🙄🙄

Hello Everyone , Hmm The Diabetes Fairy is still messing with my head and my levels today :( I wont even bother to put my numbers up 😱

Anyway I had scrambled Eggs with Cheese for Tea today Mmmm , Yesterday I had a Prawn Salad :D

Hello Everyone , Hmm The Diabetes Fairy is still messing with my head and my levels today I wont even bother to put my numbers up 😱

Anyway I had scrambled Eggs with Cheese for Tea today Mmmm , Yesterday I had a Prawn Salad :D

is your liver being evil again? :(

I had cheese omelette again lol, I couldnt think of anything else!!

Had a hypo in the middle of my boxercse dvd so had to stop, grr, im going to finish it off in a bit! :D

grr another low when i tried to do exercise again, only a 3.0 but feel a bit wobbly - so annoying! looks like i need a bit less insulin for lunch and dinner. 1.75units per 10g?? 😉

grr another low when i tried to do exercise again, only a 3.0 but feel a bit wobbly - so annoying! looks like i need a bit less insulin for lunch and dinner. 1.75units per 10g?? 😉

Katie do you reduce your insulin after exercise? When i exercise i drop a couple of units of my meal dose, and if im under 10 when i start i have a snack first like a banana or digestive as i drop loads when exercising.

Don't shout me down here, just hear me out. If you are trying to exercise without any energy in the form of (dare I say it) sugar or carb in you, you will hypo, there is nothing to stop you hypoing.

You have to have insulin to exercise, otherwise you will go up so you can't cut out the insulin so you have to have some sort of carb to cover the exercise. Whether that be a few gulps of lucozade or a few glucotabs or even a snack bar that would be up to the individual.

Now I know I'm preaching to the converted non/low carbers here but that is my thoughts on your hypos. (am now running for cover - well walking but fast 🙂)

Katie do you reduce your insulin after exercise? When i exercise i drop a couple of units of my meal dose, and if im under 10 when i start i have a snack first like a banana or digestive as i drop loads when exercising.

Ah ha Tracey got in first. See carbs !!!

The reducing the insulin is a good thing as that is what we do on the pumps with the temp basal.

I havent really worked it out yet, sometimes i go high after exercise but dont seem to be at the moment! so tomorrow I think i'll drop a couple of units 🙂

Don't shout me down here, just hear me out. If you are trying to exercise without any energy in the form of (dare I say it) sugar or carb in you, you will hypo, there is nothing to stop you hypoing.

You have to have insulin to exercise, otherwise you will go up so you can't cut out the insulin so you have to have some sort of carb to cover the exercise. Whether that be a few gulps of lucozade or a few glucotabs or even a snack bar that would be up to the individual.

Now I know I'm preaching to the converted non/low carbers here but that is my thoughts on your hypos. (am now running for cover - well walking but fast 🙂)

Adrienne, no need to run for cover lol, I eat carbs all the time...
Ive had three meals all involving carbs today, ive just taken too much insulin for the amount of exercise ive been doing. Been munching on glucotabs because of it too 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back