Votes: 6 14.0%
  • chicken wrap and rice

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can't believe everyone is voting for deep fried s**t! 😱

I am surprised, as it's a meal that one wouldn't recommend to any diabetic as part of their healthy diet. Why are we interested in how badly a 'bad' meal affects us? As I am in a very impecunious position, I will be opting for my home made spag bol (about 60p) as opposed to chip shop meal (about ?4.50 last time I had it about two years ago!).

For me, the interest is seeing how the various people react to similar meals, having previously deemed them to be 'OK' - are they really OK, or are they showing unusual spikes? Actually, if some people want to try F&C it might be illustrative of the differences between 'good' and 'bad' food choices.

Just my opinion, as a soon-to-be-published poet...😉

Yes that is another issue for me, I really can't afford to spend approx a fiver on something that just makes me feel all bloated and horrible afterwards! If I wanted to do that i'd get a filet 'o fish from Maccy Ds :D

I am surprised, as it's a meal that one wouldn't recommend to any diabetic as part of their healthy diet. Why are we interested in how badly a 'bad' meal affects us? As I am in a very impecunious position, I will be opting for my home made spag bol (about 60p) as opposed to chip shop meal (about ?4.50 last time I had it about two years ago!).

For me, the interest is seeing how the various people react to similar meals, having previously deemed them to be 'OK' - are they really OK, or are they showing unusual spikes? Actually, if some people want to try F&C it might be illustrative of the differences between 'good' and 'bad' food choices.

Just my opinion, as a soon-to-be-published poet...😉

From our point of view - Alex hasnt had F/C for approx 1 year - so to have something so 'naughty' is a huge treat!
I dont see the problem with finding out what 'naughty' food does to you?
Our dietician has never told us not to have fish and chips - her advice is like she would say to anyone else - eat a healthy balanced diet - which we do - probably too healthy Alex would say!
If people have chosen this - perhaps its because they havent had it for so long and they want to try a treat or actually see what it does to their levels!

Obviously eating this sort of food every night would be a disaster - but its a once in a blue moon event! Doesnt it say on the 'diabetes etiquette' poster that diabetics dont like to be told what they should and what they shouldnt eat.......😛😉🙄Bev

No vegetarian option for those who don't eat meat...

From our point of view - Alex hasnt had F/C for approx 1 year - so to have something so 'naughty' is a huge treat!
Our dietician has never told us not to have fish and chips - her advice is like she would say to anyone else - eat a healthy balanced diet - which we do - probably too healthy Alex would say!
If people have chosen this - perhaps its because they havent had it for so long and they want to try a treat or actually see what it does to their levels!

Obviously eating this sort of food every night would be a disaster - but its a once in a blue moon event! Doesnt it say on the 'diabetes etiquette' poster that diabetics dont like to be told what they should and what they shouldnt eat.......😛Bev

I do see what you're saying bev, and we shouldn't be denied anything in moderation, but I don't think a full fish supper is 'moderate' for a Type 2 on D&E, or even medication. It's a very different proposition if you are on insulin, and especially if you can work out some wizardry with a pump. I'm not disputing people's choices, just that some T2s (and T1s!) might feel they can't participate this week if that's the choice.

It will be interesting to see if Alex finds he has lost his taste for greasy fried food🙂

Obviously eating this sort of food every night would be a disaster - but its a once in a blue moon event! Doesnt it say on the 'diabetes etiquette' poster that diabetics dont like to be told what they should and what they shouldnt eat.......😛😉🙄Bev

I eat 'treats' whenever I like Bev, so that isn't an issue for me - DSNs all say type one's who carb count can eat anything. I'm just surprised that people on here would choose fish & chips out of all the possibilities. If people are seeing it as a special treat then that's fine.

I think that a bog standard spag bol should done. THis is a complicated dish for a person with diabetes due to the pasta and the dreaded pasta spike. It will be interesting to see who has a spike and how it is dealt with ie whether on injections or pump, I realise the people with type 2 will have a problem with that bit of it.

I would also like to experiment with fish and chips (or in Jessica's case sausage in batter and chips) with the pumpers and see how we all deal with the spikes on that day and anyone else wanting to join in the more the merrier. So my suggestion is spag bol for all and we should pick a day and the next week fish and chips for the pumpers and anyone else.

Does that make sense?

Who put fish and chips there???

We have a fantastic chip shop at the other end of town, you don't need anything other than a small portion of chips and their batter is nice to taste, but the fish parts from the batter nicely and is of a lovely texture to eat on its own.

Now, standard or large mushy peas? 🙄

When is this going to be? Before I vote, so I can put something in my empty diary :D

I never eat the batter :D It would ruin the experiment though!

True, but I can't eat that much batter, I prefer breadcrumbs, hence I do my own fish and chips and with the chips out of the actifry - enough for a family on one spoon of oil - mmmm it's almost healthy 🙄

I was thinking about next wednesday (3rd) Feb.🙂

I am also thinking we should have 2 separate 'nights in'! One for insulin users and one for those who are diet controlled etc.

We could all do it on 3rd - just choose which camp you want to be in.

Does anyone want to start the poll for the non-insulin users? This way the choice of foods can be best accommodated to ones needs.😉

We want to experiment with the pump - but i realise there are lots who dont want to take a risk as they are diet controlled etc.

Any takers for the other poll? We need to start it today so everyone gets a chance to vote.🙂Bev

I'd start the other poll but i have no idea of the choices to put in, maybe AlisonM could do it she will do a better job 🙂

We could do spag bol for everyone next Wednesday 3rd, all types can do that.

Then the Wednesday 10th we could do fish and chips or whatever variance on that ie battered sausage for Jessica and maybe veggie battered sausage for the veggies out that.

Then the next week is half term and I'm not around but then on Wed 24th because fajhitas are so popular we can do those then but difference variances ie some do the home made wraps and some buy and again see what happens. I would buy the seeded wraps as we like them and they seem ok but it would be good to see them compared to the wholemeal ones that some have said they would make.

So how about for diaries :

3rd Spag bol
10th fish and chips
24th fajhitas

(Don't worry I haven't taken over this thread just that I am a doer rather than a talker (though I do that as well) and thought we would be here for ages discussing this unless someone took a decision (which sometimes is unpopular but I have thick skin 🙂)

Is everyone in agreement of that?😛

We could do spag bol for everyone next Wednesday 3rd, all types can do that.

Then the Wednesday 10th we could do fish and chips or whatever variance on that ie battered sausage for Jessica and maybe veggie battered sausage for the veggies out that.

Then the next week is half term and I'm not around but then on Wed 24th because fajhitas are so popular we can do those then but difference variances ie some do the home made wraps and some buy and again see what happens. I would buy the seeded wraps as we like them and they seem ok but it would be good to see them compared to the wholemeal ones that some have said they would make.

So how about for diaries :

3rd Spag bol
10th fish and chips
24th fajhitas

(Don't worry I haven't taken over this thread just that I am a doer rather than a talker (though I do that as well) and thought we would be here for ages discussing this unless someone took a decision (which sometimes is unpopular but I have thick skin 🙂)

Is everyone in agreement of that?😛

Im happy with that ill have fish with breadcrumbs from my fishery and oven chips that will be good for me for 10th , well done adreinne x

I was thinking about next wednesday (3rd) Feb.🙂

I am also thinking we should have 2 separate 'nights in'! One for insulin users and one for those who are diet controlled etc.

We could all do it on 3rd - just choose which camp you want to be in.

We want to experiment with the pump - but i realise there are lots who dont want to take a risk as they are diet controlled etc.

Can't do the 3rd, but don't let that stop you all having fun.

I figured you were just looking for an excuse for a fiddle Bev - caught you 😛

Can't do the 3rd, but don't let that stop you all having fun.

I figured you were just looking for an excuse for a fiddle Bev - caught you 😛

It wont be the same without you Einstein!:(

Perhaps you could be chief taster and do it on Tuesday instead - to make sure it runs smoothly! Can you make the other dates Adrienne has suggested?🙂Bev

It wont be the same without you Einstein!:(

Perhaps you could be chief taster and do it on Tuesday instead - to make sure it runs smoothly! Can you make the other dates Adrienne has suggested?🙂Bev

You'll be fine Bev,

Chief taster would, given his own way be second chef DeBrucie! Or worse still his BIG brother 'Fat Archie'

I can do the other dates, just the 3rd I'm out for supper with friends.

And I'm not a fan of spag bol anyway, I seem to wear more than I eat - and much prefer noodles to spaghetti :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back