Losing my love of veg

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did occasionally have a tin of ambrosia rice pudding though, very different flavour (homemade was less creamy)

Saw the message in the new balance issue, I find my palate changes when my meds are changed but am post op bariatric surgery which can change your taste buds, also changes after a pancreatic flare, if any history of gallstones might be worth getting re checked?

Pak Choi is delicious and very low carb, I use it a lot. (Especially when it's reduced to clear 😉) Fennel is also a great tasting veg. Okra is another nutritious veg with low carbs.

As an aside, when I was a kid in the fifties and sixties, courgettes and even broccoli were considered exotic.
Hi , I read erottic, sorry about that.

I was diagnosed 8 months ago type 2 but use insulinns and metformin I have changed alot in my diet in aspects like zero sugar drinks don't eat junk food snacks sweets so on just being healthier not changed diet really as I'm a fussy eater so is difficult there talking about taking me off Insulin so it's possible to do just make small changes and it'll get easier
Then make make other changes need any advice message me im happy to help if I can

I used to love veg, all veg now I am finding it hard to eat any veg at all, the thought of adding lots of veg to my meal is making me feel nauseous but I know it was the key to losing weight and getting into remission. Does anyone have any tips or recipes for making them taste better, I add sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower to most meals but gag eating them when I previously loved them.
you and me both. I used to be a big broccoli fan at the beginning of my slim down but now i am an angry veg eater. think I need some new recipes and choices. I'm growing swiss chard in the garden in the hope that helps. hugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back