London Forum Meet - Forum's first birthday!

Can you come to London? If so, which date/s are most suitable?

• Saturday, November 14th

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Saturday, November 21st

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Saturday, November 28th

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Saturday, December 7th

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viki

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I thought i would start a new one as we've now completely taken over the Southampton thread!

Salmonpuff has suggested the British Museum because "its made of awesome" 🙂 I think its perfecct and there seems to be a good level of interest!

Any thoughts on dates? I was thinking that maybe we should plan quite a bit ahead, so hopefully as many people as poss are free and we might get some newbies involved too?

Judging by the hangovers from southampton, do people definately want to do a saturday?

xx

sounds like a good idea to me , i hope it will be a sucsess like the southampton meet was .

I'd be up for a London meet. It's going to be impossible to get a date suitable for everyone but planning ahead a bit should make it slightly easier. From my perspective weekends would be better but that might not be the case for everyone?

How about early December, gives a bit of time but not too late as everyone tends to get booked up as Christmas approaches?

I agree, i was thinking a saturday in late november/early december?

Sooo how about November 21st as first offer?

Steff its a real shame we all live so far apart, it would be great to meet you!

I thought i would start a new one as we've now completely taken over the Southampton thread!

Salmonpuff has suggested the British Museum because "its made of awesome" 🙂 I think its perfecct and there seems to be a good level of interest!

Any thoughts on dates? I was thinking that maybe we should plan quite a bit ahead, so hopefully as many people as poss are free and we might get some newbies involved too?

Judging by the hangovers from southampton, do people definately want to do a saturday?

xx

I'm up for London. We should give people at least three or four weeks notice so cheap advance purchase train tickets can be bought or days off arranged.

If people in my part of Sussex want a free lift in the car I don't mind bringing four others.

I would prefer a Sunday but Saturdays are OK too.

I agree, i was thinking a saturday in late november/early december?

Sooo how about November 21st as first offer?

Steff its a real shame we all live so far apart, it would be great to meet you!

Personally that's good. How about pick out 3 or 4 dates and put a poll on the thread (if you select thread tools at the top you should still be able to add one as the thread starter) to see what's the most popular....Of course if people can do more than one date it won't be as helpful but it may give soem indication...?

Personally that's good. How about pick out 3 or 4 dates and put a poll on the thread (if you select thread tools at the top you should still be able to add one as the thread starter) to see what's the most popular....Of course if people can do more than one date it won't be as helpful but it may give soem indication...?

Yes, the polls will accept multiple responses, so if people can do more than one date they can vote for more than one. You can choose to make the names of people who voted visible, or I can use the 'Power of Admin' if people want to vote but would prefer not to advertise that they might not be at home on particular dates (just as an added level of security which some people prefer).

I think Saturdays are generally preferable, as the transport links are likely to be better than Sunday and cheaper than weekdays.

November will mark the forum's first anniversary (ish - it did start earlier, but only for those 'in the know' or who stumbled across it by accident!)

November will mark the forum's first anniversary (ish - it did start earlier, but only for those 'in the know' or who stumbled across it by accident!)

Thats even better! It can be a kind of anniversary meet!!

Thats even better! It can be a kind of anniversary meet!!

I just checked, and I'm fairly convinced that ukJohn is the only member who joined in October 2008, other 'members' all appear to be people involved in the set up of the site!

So, now we have a 'theme'!🙂

Great - ill have a go at a poll for some dates, but if i make a mess of it you might need to fix it for me!!

Forum's First Birthday Meet!

The London meet has turned into the Forums First Birthday Meet!

So if people can indicate which dates they can do we can hopefully get as many people together as possible to celebrate this amazing group of people!

Happy First Birthday Forum. I will check my diary as there are a few things on the horizon.

In case I missed something, where will the meeting be, and can we bring families?

I missed this and went straight to the thread withthe dates on it. The British Museum sounds great, that's where I met hubby almost 34 years ago!

Happy First Birthday Forum. I will check my diary as there are a few things on the horizon.

In case I missed something, where will the meeting be, and can we bring families?

Hi Caroline - we were thinking of going to the British Museum. Families of course welcome 🙂

Just voted but it'll only let me select one option...none of my mod powers seem to be able to change that but Northerners enhanced admin super powers may do something.......

Last edited:
Just voted but it'll only let me select one option...none of my mod powers seem to be able to change that but Northerners enhanced admin super powers may do something....... if not anything but the 14th works for me!

I think I've sorted it! You might need to vote again if you voted before it was multiple choice.

Hi All,

There is now a poll where you can indicate which date you can come.

Northerner has kindly set it so you can now choose more than one! Hopefully we'll be able to suit most people.

🙂

I will have to wait till I go back to W tomorrow as on a new rota.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back