Libre 3 available in UK from 25th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go that high it stays there so long it usually has time to build ruddy monument never mind plant a flag! Nothing about me happens fast including BG changes. We do know Libre has a tendency to do that when levels are changing quickly - but like compression lows overnight I would just shrug my shoulders and say Ah well, only to be expected. Bit like when you know very well you ate too much/didn't bolus enough etc, discount it because you know exactly what caused it. AND what you should or shouldn't have done. Oh bother - try not to do that again .....

Had look on Play Stote can only see Diabox weather, couldn't see xdrip at all, I'm I looking in wrong place or something?
These apps are unapproved so are not available on Play Store
I do not know about Diabox but the best place to get xDrip is from their incredibly helpful Facebook group. It is available from GitHub. The group provides the link.

I do not know about Diabox but the best place to get xDrip is from their incredibly helpful Facebook group. It is available from GitHub. The group provides the link.

Not on Facebook helli, will try this GitHub, thanks.

That's an interesting thought. I have never experienced any of the "scan again in 10 minute "errors that LibreLink users report and found Libre 2 to be very stable. Never thought of it being a LibreLink app issue.
Maybe that is another reason to use xDrip or Diabox?
i only got the read again 10min error when using librelink or the reader in the past never on xdrip also only had one libre sensor fail in 4 years and that was a libre 2 about 6 wks ago witch was a new sensor.

xdrip+ does not use the app store, it needs to be sideloaded, If you want to download xdrip+ the link is below:

I have used xdrip+ continuously for 5 years.
I think I'd like to try one before changing from Libre 2. I'm finding it quite convenient to use it with the Libre 2 reader (so that gives the alarms), and presumably with Libre 3 I'd just have the phone. (And presumably I'd need the phone near enough all the time or I'd get gaps in the history. But I'm not sure about that and even if it's true maybe it would be OK.)

Hello, I am new in the community. Just got Libre 3 and trying to figure out how to use it.

These apps, xDrip+, Diabox, xDrip4iOS, Shuggah, do they all require a separate transmitter like Bubble or Blucon to work ?

For me the most thing is to get continuous glucose levels without gaps. I think Libre 3 can transmit blood glucose level every minute rather than every 5 minutes as in the previous generations. So, I want to see my glucose levels every minute without losing any data.

I don't think I will do self calibration. In this case, these secondary applications, do they offer any advantage over the official Libre 3 app ? Data export feature is a must for me. I should be able to export my glucose data as a CSV file. Additionally, the official Libre 3 app or these sideloaded apps, do they offer Google Fit or Apple Health integration to sync glucose data ? I will use Libre 3 on my Android phone. On the iOS side, I have an iPad but it lacks NFC. Which apps offer raw data ? Can a sideloaded app be used happily alongside the official app ?

Ok, let me summarize my questions, I want gapless glucose data with 1 minute intervals and to be able to export it as a CSV file. Which way should I go ?

Sorry, I know I asked too many questions but I am confused and need to get help from the experienced members. Still don't know the distinction between LibreView and LibreLink. I am that new. Thanks.

I only know about xDrip (although not been using it for a few months) To my knowledge, it is not currently compatible with Libre 3 as Abbott has encrypted the data and no one has hacked the encryption.
For more, up to date information from the developers, I recommend joining the xDrip Facebook group.

But, why do you want data at 1 minute granularity? CGM data is noisy, averaging over 5 minutes will reduce this noise.

But, why do you want data at 1 minute granularity? CGM data is noisy, averaging over 5 minutes will reduce this noise.
I agree but if Abbott is claiming that their device can now track blood glucose with 1 minute intervals without sacrificing from accuracy, why not use it ? Gives you the chance to see your body's response to sugar more instantly.

I agree but if Abbott is claiming that their device can now track blood glucose with 1 minute intervals without sacrificing from accuracy, why not use it ? Gives you the chance to see your body's response to sugar more instantly.
Presumably Abbott's app provides that? I'm guessing it'll send the data to LibreView, which allows downloading as CSV. (It's possible not all of the data will be uploaded, I guess. I haven't done a back of the envelope calculation of how much data that would be, and maybe it would just be silly so they only send 4 an hour (as they do for Libre 1 and 2) or something.)

I think you are only the second person who I have seen mention they have the Libre 3, it is still rather new.
I hope you sort out your problem.

But you don't want to react to noisy data.
I would rather wait 4 minutes than react to an invalid noise spike for one minute, especially if you can look at the trends.

Also bear in mind the impact on the battery life of your phone if it is receiving 5 times more data.

As I said previously, this is a moot point as no one apart from Abbott can decrypt the data.

Hello, I am new in the community. Just got Libre 3 and trying to figure out how to use it.

These apps, xDrip+, Diabox, xDrip4iOS, Shuggah, do they all require a separate transmitter like Bubble or Blucon to work ?
Forget about these apps for Libre 3, use the official Librelink app.
For me the most thing is to get continuous glucose levels without gaps. I think Libre 3 can transmit blood glucose level every minute rather than every 5 minutes as in the previous generations. So, I want to see my glucose levels every minute without losing any data.

I don't think I will do self calibration. In this case, these secondary applications, do they offer any advantage over the official Libre 3 app ? Data export feature is a must for me. I should be able to export my glucose data as a CSV file. Additionally, the official Libre 3 app or these sideloaded apps, do they offer Google Fit or Apple Health integration to sync glucose data ? I will use Libre 3 on my Android phone. On the iOS side, I have an iPad but it lacks NFC. Which apps offer raw data ? Can a sideloaded app be used happily alongside the official app ?
Abbot has worked hard to prevent sideloaded apps using Libre 3 data.

You can export data as CSV from the Libreview webpage. For details click the link below.

Ok, let me summarize my questions, I want gapless glucose data with 1 minute intervals and to be able to export it as a CSV file. Which way should I go ?

Sorry, I know I asked too many questions but I am confused and need to get help from the experienced members. Still don't know the distinction between LibreView and LibreLink. I am that new. Thanks.
Librelink is the app on your phone that collects the data from your sensor, and uploads automatically to your Libreview account. Your Libreview account stores your data and allows you to view charts and historical records, and share data with your health care team, (and as CSV.)
Your phone will only store 90 days of Librelink data, once uploaded to Libreview the data is stored permanently.

Libre 2 actually generates data every minute and on Android the diabox app collects either every minute or 5 minutes.

Seeing BG change every minute was, most of the time, unhelpful; the trends in particular were very changeable. I don't know if that is a reflection of the real blood glucose sensitivity or a quirk of the algorithm, but for practical purposes it wasn't truly usable.

What Diabox provided was much more information about trend, particularly sensitivity of vertical change from 0.1 to 0.7 mmol/L/min; as you might imagine a fall of 0.7 is dramatic and as a T3c with no panc'y it really happens. So the other huge benefit of Diabox was dual alarms for both high and low levels, with the upper low alarm being 6.8, higher than the stupid limit of 5.6 on Libre 2. If I'm crashing by the time I've responded to 5.6 alarm it's too late unless I literally stop anything I'm doing, freeze and treat. No time to finger prick etc. But many 5.6 alarms are a gentle fall and from Libre 2 I simply don't know whether I must respond urgently or routinely.

So, without knowing what Libre 3 will provide from Librelink I can't assess whether it will need an extra app such as xdrip.

So, without knowing what Libre 3 will provide from Librelink I can't assess whether it will need an extra app such as xdrip.
I'll rephrase this: I will need to see what Libre 3 actually provides and assess whether L3 and LibreLink only (until suitable extra apps exist) is actually an advantage over L2 with both a dual reading system of phone and Reader, plus LibreLink and apps such as Diabox or xdrip.

as you might imagine a fall of 0.7 is dramatic and as a T3c with no panc'y it really happens
I am not sure what difference having no pancy is compared to having a pancreas that produces no insulin. I have definitely experience the type of plummeting blood sugars you mention when exercising with too much insulin onboard.
This is why I like the predicted hypo alert you get on xDrip. It takes into consideration the slope of the trend as well as the current value so I don’t get the annoying 5.5 but almost flat alerts. An alert at 6.8 would be incredibly annoying for me as my target level is. 5.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back